THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1012046 - 07/22/19 09:21 PM Re: WDFW LAWSUIT: RULES COORD. SCOTT BIRD SUBPOENAED [Re: Chinook 1]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
Originally Posted By: Chinook 1
Larry B. I don't think i said anything about changing the Boldt decision. I was merely saying that a win by the Hamilton Brothers. Could hamper the open meeting policy. Resulting in the tribes unwillingness to participate in the NOF meeting.

You are right - you didn't say anything about Boldt but your posts did clearly state we could be off the water which would seem to be contrary to Boldt. Now, if the State were to win it is my belief that nothing changes; status quo prevails and we continue to lick the spoon as you described it.

If, however, the State loses and NOF must be open or the State cannot legally participate that could take us back to several years ago when, without an agreement, NOAA/NMFS could not/did not issue a permit. There has been lots of speculation of what might occur to include the possibility of the State actually taking the promised action of initiating a request for its own permit. Risks? You bet. Possible long term benefits for the State and particularly its recreational salmon fishers? Absolutely.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#1012056 - 07/23/19 08:48 AM Re: WDFW LAWSUIT: RULES COORD. SCOTT BIRD SUBPOENAED [Re: Bay wolf]
Chinook 1 Offline
Fry

Larry B. I agree we are all speculating the out come of a court case that is far from over. I'd say that a positive out come is all we can hope for a this point. My two cents.

Edited by Chinook 1 (07/23/19 08:50 AM)

#1012061 - 07/23/19 09:40 AM Re: WDFW LAWSUIT: RULES COORD. SCOTT BIRD SUBPOENAED [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
It will be interesting to see how the dynamics change IF Jim Anderson gets his appointment to the commission. Having done some digging on this guy, it seem's pretty clear the reason he got the position (over someone who is extremely well qualified) is his relationship with the Tribes and the Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission.

I wonder what the play is here, given the lawsuits. He certainly is an advocate for Tribal/Commercial fisheries, so is he being brought in to start working on a solution should the State lose?

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#1012083 - 07/23/19 11:33 PM Re: WDFW LAWSUIT: RULES COORD. SCOTT BIRD SUBPOENAED [Re: Bay wolf]
Chinook 1 Offline
Fry

Bay Wolf. It look like the two new commissioners will be on the Wolf committee to start out. Putting Jim Anderson on the fish committee probably isn't the best move at this point in time,but i definitely see him there in the future.

Edited by Chinook 1 (07/23/19 11:34 PM)

#1012085 - 07/24/19 07:10 AM Re: WDFW LAWSUIT: RULES COORD. SCOTT BIRD SUBPOENAED [Re: Bay wolf]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
If WDFW loses the lawsuits, there is nothing the Commission can do about it because the suits are about violating State Law. Change (allowing the continuation of secrecy) would have to come from the Legislature.

The Commission's role, should they accept it (like the old Mission Impossible intro), would be to ensure the agency comply with whatever the law is. That would likely require a Director of the Week until somebody finally changes the culture.

#1012537 - 08/05/19 09:11 AM Re: WDFW LAWSUIT: RULES COORD. SCOTT BIRD SUBPOENAED [Re: Bay wolf]
Backtrollin Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Duvall, WA
Has the subpoena happened? Anybody have any results?

#1012538 - 08/05/19 09:56 AM Re: WDFW LAWSUIT: RULES COORD. SCOTT BIRD SUBPOENAED [Re: Backtrollin]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
There are a number of legal steps that do not happen instantly. Things are hanging around discovery at the present if I recall correctly.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1078 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645298 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |