Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1014720 - 10/01/19 09:57 PM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA
Originally Posted By: stam
Originally Posted By: JTD

Aren’t they all? Fricken redheads... next time just shoot me.

fridge

But...it's so worth it.

10 years off and on again and I jump right back into that fiery pit of despair if I hadn’t intentionally burned that bridge this time. I think of it like an addiction to heroin (not that I’d know)... the highs are super natural and the lows are all-consuming. I just had to get away.

They are CRAZY tho. It just isn’t good for me. Worth it? Absolutely. I just can’t lie to myself anymore that she is capable of being normal.

BTW She doesn’t cook.

moose
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#1014721 - 10/01/19 10:10 PM Re: Cooking shows [Re: JTD]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Aren’t they all? Fricken redheads... next time just shoot me.

fridge

But...it's so worth it.

10 years off and on again and I jump right back into that fiery pit of despair if I hadn’t intentionally burned that bridge this time. I think of it like an addiction to heroin (not that I’d know)... the highs are super natural and the lows are all-consuming. I just had to get away.

They are CRAZY tho. It just isn’t good for me. Worth it? Absolutely. I just can’t lie to myself anymore that she is capable of being normal.

BTW She doesn’t cook.

moose

Way too over simplyfied response, but do what makes you happy.

#1014722 - 10/01/19 10:16 PM Re: Cooking shows [Re: dwatkins]
avidangler
Unregistered

Spam. Slice it thin. Fry it crispy. Toast some sourdough. French's yellow mustard. Don't be a puss eat that shizz

#1014728 - 10/02/19 07:42 AM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Calm down old man. I don't think anyone here is suggesting that SPAM should replace fresh bacon. That would be foolish, illogical and nonsensical. These are words I'd like to think you'd understand, but considering your exhaustive posting history, I'm not so sure, so I'll put it in terms you can understand.

We can all agree that fresh homemade applesauce is pretty sublime correct? But sometimes the "cooks" in your "home" don't have the ingredients or time to make it for you, so you get Motts instead. Motts is a perfectly acceptable substitute for you to gum on. Not as great as fresh of course, but it's good enough after a long, hard day yelling at the clouds. The syphilis has killed off your taste buds anyway, so just dig in and zip it.

Get it now? OK good. Now grab a steel plate and get back in-line before we are forced to call Nurse Ratchet and her magical syringe. After lunch, we'll be playing Chutes & Ladders and Hi-Ho Cherry-O with the ladies from C Wing. Winner gets an extra cup of Motts at dinner. Better bring your A game, because ol' Ruthie and Dorothy are stone cold ringers.

#1014732 - 10/02/19 08:10 AM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

I eat tuna.
Even with Ketchup.

#1014739 - 10/02/19 08:39 AM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

I think Hank missed one of Spam's key attributes. Spam will never replace bacon cuz, well nothin's better than bacon. But even as a smoked meat item, bacon has to be refrigerated. So as a camp food, bacon is only good for shorter hikes. Spam is canned, and does not need refrigeration. So Spam is perfect for camping; it'll keep forever. And no one goes camping that long, what with deer and elk season combined being only a few weeks long. And Spam is even available in small slice packages, so you can cook it up out in the woods, bait a bear, and not have an empty tin can to pack out.

And Avid had it close, except no French's yellow mustard ever never! Yuck, what putrid stuff. Have some class, man. Every classy camp box is equipped with Plochman's stone ground mustard, which has a bit of horseradish, making it the perfect accompaniment to Spam and damn near any kind or piece of camp meat. Except bacon, of course. No civilized person uses mustard on bacon.

#1014743 - 10/02/19 08:58 AM Re: Cooking shows [Re: dwatkins]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: dwatkins
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
I do prefer the low-sodium variant. Regular Spam is a little salty for my liking.

Pansy ass

Well played. I kinda leaned into that one.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1014744 - 10/02/19 09:02 AM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Hank doesn't know anything about camp food because he's a pussy city boy.

#1014746 - 10/02/19 09:17 AM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Rumor has it for makin bacon Hank uses Spam in the palm of his hand and then wears the can as a hat.

#1014763 - 10/02/19 11:33 AM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
I eat tuna.
Even with Ketchup.

Like a Hyena on a Wildebeast....

OK - I rarely blush, but that one but me over the top. LMAO you dirty ol' bassturds. Well done.

#1014764 - 10/02/19 11:41 AM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: MidWestStlhd1959
Hanker I will be in Willow Creek fishing the Trinity for several days next week. Can we meat up old friend?

Only if you bring a can of Vienna sausages. Hanker won't eat SPAM but he'll gobble up your Vienna sausages with a quickness. It's not that he doesn't like the taste of SPAM, it's because its shape is not in the usual and accustomed form which he so readily accepts. He'll really love you if you pick up one of those gigantic Hickory Farms summer sausages. He'll even leave one of those Strawberry candies on your pillow upon exit.

#1014771 - 10/02/19 01:14 PM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Hankster has gone vegetarian.
He prefers oil simmered zucchini, with warts, and a large gourd end.
Kinda reminds him of his days at the thoroughbred farm less the preservatives of course.

#1014792 - 10/02/19 06:21 PM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
avidangler
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Hankster
There's nothing wrong with Spam.

Fry it up, put a couple eggs on top. Easy, filling, and cheap.

Fuk Spam

Eat this bacon-n-egg sammich instead:

thumbs

Don't try and act like you made that,and that your kitchen looks even remotely that clean and nice.

#1014795 - 10/02/19 08:53 PM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: avidangler
There's nothing wrong with Spam.

Fry it up, put a couple eggs on top. Easy, filling, and cheap.

Fuk Spam

Eat this bacon-n-egg sammich instead:

thumbs

Don't try and act like you made that,and that your kitchen looks even remotely that clean and nice.

I would do bad things to that sammich. It looks like it has some sort of chutney or relish. Maybe some sort of a savory tomato or pepper based concoction. Regardless...get in ma' belly.

#1014826 - 10/03/19 02:09 PM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Broodbuster accidentally spilled SPAM grease on the ground directly in front of my tent during early Archery season. I made him dig the soil out! wink

#1014830 - 10/03/19 02:44 PM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

Dude, SPAM grease is an industrial-grade lubricant. You should have sequestered it in case of societal collapse. I get where you're coming from, though - it definitely doesn't belong in the entrance area of any housing unit at all.

#1014846 - 10/03/19 04:20 PM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
avidangler
Unregistered

The only bears Hank has to keep an eye out for over his shoulder are the ones from Sausalito issuing reach arounds.

Edited by avidangler (10/03/19 04:20 PM)

#1014848 - 10/03/19 04:26 PM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: avidangler
The only bears Hank has to keep an eye out for over his shoulder are the ones from Sausalito issuing reach arounds.

I'd wager Hank keeps TWO eyes out for those kinda bears. Gaydar pinging 24/7.

I saw on a documentary once that those kinda bears are attracted to fresh sourdough and sweaty old man butt. I think it was narrated David Attenborough.

#1014858 - 10/03/19 05:59 PM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
avidangler
Unregistered

Another bit of advice for when you're fishing in bear country is always bring someone along that can't run as fast as you.

thumbs

The art of deflection -By Hank

#1014860 - 10/03/19 06:01 PM Re: Cooking shows [Re: ]
avidangler
Unregistered

Do you even fish,bro?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 586 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645370 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |