Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1017328 - 11/21/19 08:39 AM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

"Why listen to the Dead when you had Soundgarden?"

There you go, getting all intelligent on us now. OK, I'll confess, I'm not a Dead Head, but I can listen to them. Actually saw what's left of them last June at the Gorge, and had a pretty good time, considering we were drug free.

What really shocks me is Avid's post. I have zero interest in metal, which seems like Avid's true love, but to think he and I both appreciate the Stones, QMS, and Joplin is something I never would have guessed.

#1017340 - 11/21/19 09:26 AM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: ]
SpoonFed Offline
Three Time Spawner

Avid, go to YouTube and put in Japanese metal funny and watch the first video.
I saw maiden when they came to Tacoma a month or so ago. Those guys still got it.

#1017342 - 11/21/19 09:50 AM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
My first two concerts, 1982 the summer after I turned 12 years old...Iron Maiden and Judas Priest, back to back weekends. Bruce and Rob can both rip it out still.

Rumor has it that they are touring together in 2020.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1017349 - 11/21/19 10:42 AM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: SpoonFed]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Spoonfedhead
Avid, go to YouTube and put in Japanese metal funny and watch the first video.
I saw maiden when they came to Tacoma a month or so ago. Those guys still got it.

Agree. Maiden is still kicking ass.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1017351 - 11/21/19 10:44 AM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: Todd]
SpoonFed Offline
Three Time Spawner

I swear Bruce still has so much energy, it's crazy.
He was running and jumping over gaps in the stage.
If they tour together in 2020, whatever I got going on that day can wait.

Aces high motherfvckers.

#1017411 - 11/22/19 09:14 AM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: Todd]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Originally Posted By: Todd
My first two concerts, 1982 the summer after I turned 12 years old...Iron Maiden and Judas Priest, back to back weekends. Bruce and Rob can both rip it out still.

Rumor has it that they are touring together in 2020.

Fish on...

Todd

IN.

#1017427 - 11/22/19 10:09 AM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: ]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
This place is going downhill partially because wankster was banned. He supplied an endless amount of easy subject material every time he posted. Why would anyone want to get rid of that?

#1017433 - 11/22/19 10:46 AM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: SpoonFed]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Originally Posted By: Spoonfedhead
I swear Bruce still has so much energy, it's crazy.
He was running and jumping over gaps in the stage.
If they tour together in 2020, whatever I got going on that day can wait.

Aces high motherfvckers.

Queerest post ever.

#1017438 - 11/22/19 12:47 PM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
SpoonFed Offline
Three Time Spawner

Rent free bitch.

#1017450 - 11/22/19 03:45 PM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: Salmo g.]
avidangler
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

There you go, getting all intelligent on us now. OK, I'll confess, I'm not a Dead Head, but I can listen to them. Actually saw what's left of them last June at the Gorge, and had a pretty good time, considering we were drug free.

What really shocks me is Avid's post. I have zero interest in metal, which seems like Avid's true love, but to think he and I both appreciate the Stones, QMS, and Joplin is something I never would have guessed.

Would it shock you to know I'm a huge fan of Miles Davis,Creedence Clearwater Revival,and Felu Kuti? My musical tastes may be the most varied of anyone I know. Yeah Heavy Metal was the music of my youth,and I did just re-purchase Death-Leprosy,and Krokus and Accept on Vinyl. I also got the Cure,Bauhaus,and the Bay City Rollers rofl

To quote Frank Zappa " Music is the best."

Edited by avidangler (11/22/19 03:45 PM)

#1017466 - 11/22/19 08:58 PM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: avidangler

Would it shock you to know I'm a huge fan of Miles Davis,Creedence Clearwater Revival,and Felu Kuti? My musical tastes may be the most varied of anyone I know. Yeah Heavy Metal was the music of my youth,and I did just re-purchase Death-Leprosy,and Krokus and Accept on Vinyl. I also got the Cure,Bauhaus,and the Bay City Rollers rofl

To quote Frank Zappa " Music is the best."

+1. I'm all over the board as well. My mixes leave people like "how the fvck you gonna play Public Enemy and then some Jackson Browne?" Yeah well......here's some Mussorgsky too.

Good music is good music. It's individual, but we each know it when we hear it,

#1017477 - 11/23/19 10:33 AM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Avid, I only recognize half the names in your last post. But no, it doesn't shock me. Like Nick says, music is individual. I'm partial to the music of my youth, that being selections from the 60s and early 70s, minus the bubble gummer sh!t, etc. But I also like stuff from that contemporary catalog generally labeled as "adult alternative." My Pandora channels currently have John Hyatt, Grateful Dead, Bob Marley, Clapton, Jerry Garcia-David Grisman, Jayhawks, Bonnie Raitt, Indigo Girls, Tom Petty, and some others my wife added.

#1017490 - 11/23/19 09:21 PM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: ]
avidangler
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: extremesteelhead
Ok Boomer.

Most annoying phrase ever. I refuse to use it.

#1017497 - 11/23/19 11:26 PM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: ]
avidangler
Unregistered

The Butthole surfers your favorite

#1017498 - 11/24/19 12:06 AM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: avidangler
Ok Boomer.

Most annoying phrase ever. I refuse to use it.

It's simply dreadful. But for me, it's not as bad as the all time worst.... "adulting".

I hear that "word" and a starry, blacking numbness overcomes me. It literally shuts my brain down like a verbal EMP.

So let's practice and put it into some sentences...

"Evo's mad at mom again. She made him practice his "adulting" today and finally forced him to clean his room."

"Extremesteelhead is getting pretty good at this "adulting" thing. He/Him can even reheat his own chicken tendies in the boomer invented microwave all by his big-boy self. The squeeze ketchup bottle is still giving him a little bit of trouble, but he'll grow into his paws."

#1017506 - 11/24/19 09:52 AM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Ok Boomer. Tell me more about bands from the 60's that nooones even heard of.

You're just envious because our generation produced most of the best music ever. Well, ever since Mozart and his homies.

#1017514 - 11/24/19 03:02 PM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: Salmo g.]
avidangler
Unregistered

I would say the 70s surpass the 60s in terms of quality and quantity of stellar bands making good music. But I find music I like from all decades and genres , so perhaps there was never a "golden era" of music.

#1017524 - 11/24/19 07:04 PM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: Salmo g.]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Avid, I only recognize half the names in your last post. But no, it doesn't shock me. Like Nick says, music is individual. I'm partial to the music of my youth, that being selections from the 60s and early 70s, minus the bubble gummer sh!t, etc. But I also like stuff from that contemporary catalog generally labeled as "adult alternative." My Pandora channels currently have John Hyatt, Grateful Dead, Bob Marley, Clapton, Jerry Garcia-David Grisman, Jayhawks, Bonnie Raitt, Indigo Girls, Tom Petty, and some others my wife added.

New old school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbNgt8jh9io&list=PLoDH1jJDcQEQ8O95nMX_U7cWgpHEHfK7e

#1017528 - 11/24/19 07:58 PM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: Illahee]
avidangler
Unregistered

Bonamassa is a great player,but he doesn't really grab my attention for some reason. I guess he is to some like a modern day version of the late great Gary Moore but IMO while he is good,he doesn't have that "it" factor for me.

I once saw Kenny Wayne Shepherd live . What a yawn fest.

No reason in particular for me posting this song here,I just figured most of you would hate it. Taste is subjective. I can recognize talent when I see it. And Bonamassa has loads of talent. These guys have SOME talent lol

#1017555 - 11/25/19 09:29 AM Re: Boy this place is going downhill fast [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

You are a bunch of Tee Pee Creepers.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 410 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |