Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#101727 - 12/25/00 03:20 AM Re: Kalama
b-bouncer Offline
Parr

Thats what I was talkin about!!!Fished a hole full of willing takers!!! howabout a spot thet you guys have never fished?I'll do that in a heartbeat...OHHHHH thats right we need to fish a river they have already fished !!!!Cause thats the only way they can WIN!!

#101728 - 12/25/00 05:28 AM Re: Kalama
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Eastside,Wa
RRRRRrriiiiiight!!!!LOL Sounds like your the Bad@ss now...... I though this was going to be fun. YA KNOW WHAT THOUGH, A SMART FISHERMEN DOESNT POUND WATER WITH POOR BITERS IF YOU KNOW WHERE THE WILLING CHROMERS ARE. Thats cool, I fish rivers from OP to Canada, to the columbia, Smith to the Sac in Cali when I lived there, chetco to the rouge! Dont get me wrong, I'm not sayin' I cant be out fished, especially on a river I'm not familiar with. But Saukit has a fair way to do it. Pick your fav and then you both fish an unknown river. I think it should be fun 2 half racks later and a few chromers to the boat. Even then we will need to wait for picks to develop for the winner to be determend. Big nates baby!!

[This message has been edited by BK (edited 12-25-2000).]

Vision Pro Staff
www.visionhooksandtackle.com

#101729 - 12/25/00 01:51 PM Re: Kalama
fishmaster Offline
Spawner

Loc: Rowers Seat
hey BK-
I know this response came a little late but here it is. I'm not doubting your fish catching abilities one bit. I'm originally from olympia now living in edmonds. I don't even fish up here much. I do most of my fishing on the rivers I learned on, Kalama, Cow, Wynoochee, Satsop, etc... I had been fishing the kalama alot and my friend has been drifting it everyday and only picked up a couple. I would consider myself a good fisherman. I could tell you how many fish I have cought this year but you wouldn't beleive me just like I didn't believe you. I don't know you and you don't know me so who is to judge. Everyone I talked to and fished next to had not seen or heard of any fish. I do believe that 10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish. Every dog has his day and guess you had your day.

#101730 - 12/25/00 06:19 PM Re: Kalama
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Eastside,Wa
I agree with most your post, I don't know you and you don't know me. But the sun was shining on my @ss for 3 and half weeks straight. Got some aloe for that! Anyways I hope everybody had a good X-mass. I finally got a replacement for my 5mm bares that were in pieces! And a get to forks free card from my fishin' bud........all expense paid 2 day trip.(does that include beer and smokes too!)

Vision Pro Staff
www.visionhooksandtackle.com

#101731 - 12/25/00 09:25 PM Re: Kalama
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you guys havent fished the Clearwater in Jeff CO that might be a good one to see who is the best.

#101732 - 12/25/00 11:37 PM Re: Kalama
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Ridgefield, WA

[This message has been edited by walterp (edited 12-27-2000).]

#101733 - 12/26/00 12:49 AM Re: Kalama
Anonymous
Unregistered

WALT?!? Suprized to find you here. I was just having a good laugh at this and ready to click off and then run into you at the end of it here. hehe. Guess if you chimmed in I will too. ... All these kids that think they've learned it all by their mid-twenties are just about at where you and I were 20 years ago - nobody could touch us so we thought that was really hot [Bleeeeep!]. Only difference is that I was secure enough in myself, even as a chump mid-twenties testosterone OD'd @$$ bandit, that I didn't go around making people wanna puke at a bunch of discusting bragging. Waz up with that?!? And this is only fishing, not something tough like basketball or boxing or science. Now watch their gonads boilover and want to have a boxing match with me . These little boys must have very small weiners or some serious failures to compensate for. . Unfortunate.

[This message has been edited by Reel Truth (edited 12-26-2000).]

#101734 - 12/26/00 01:26 AM Re: Kalama
Anonymous
Unregistered

I came back to re-read my post above and want to appologize for dissin' off so hard. I should have been more supportive of you finding a better way to express yourself. For whatever deep down inside you that compells you to such behavior, I sincerely hope you find a peaceful resolution for it. You will enjoy life so much better and so will those around you. Peace out.

#101735 - 12/26/00 07:31 PM Re: Kalama
escapee Offline
Spawner

Loc: Marysville, Wa., USA
GO RT!!! GO RT!!! you preach it brother!!! *L*

#101736 - 12/27/00 01:22 AM Re: Kalama
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wheeeeuw! As I read your post Escapee I thought 'oh geez I overdid the preechin and am gettin mocked' . Then I looked up your above post to see that you think about it like me and a lot of others do. ...

Your post said "Braggarts have absolutely no class at all!!! It sure is nice to hear from poeple who don't like to constantly blow their own horn! By the way, competetive fishing is for inbred southern rednecks fishing for 4 pound bass with 25 pound line! All of the best fishermen I know don't brag at all, they don't have to". ...

They will learn eventually from the 'school of hard knocks' that such blatant bragging, especially in a public forum, is not a becoming or endearing thing to do. I'm sure they are cool guys otherwise? BTW, I think competitve N.W. salmon and steelhead fishing derbies with money involved are illegal unless sanctioned by the WDFG & ODWF. I wouldn't say anything about it to them because it's not a big deal, but it isn't the wisest thing to be advertising about gambling dollars, in a public forum. (Otherwise I wouldn't mind takin their money ... jk jk jk = just kidding!). Just my .02 worth on that.

#101737 - 12/27/00 01:35 AM Re: Kalama
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
RT-
There are many out there that will blow there own horn when possible. We just happened to blow ours on this forum, just as you probably do in the private world. But you're more modest and less egotistical but you know deep inside and you probably giggle that you would think that you could show us young pups the ropes, but be careful yourself for it's not the years and years of experience you have put in that will make you the king, because I do know many who I thought were once the greatest fisherman in the world and I fish around those quite often and more than not out perform them. If anything I would still love to have the chance to fish with you one day and if anything have the opportunity to learn.....

Hope things have been going well for you the past couple of months because it has been a bit of time since we have talked..

Was on the EF of the Lewis X-mas day and we boated 5 and lost 1. Today we were 0-4. All the wrong things happened.. Shall we go fishing soon on this side of the border or yours??? And it really doesn't matter who reads about all the fish we have caught because there were 3 boats in front on the 25th and 5 ahead today!!

-Keith-----------------

[This message has been edited by stlhdr1 (edited 12-26-2000).]

#101738 - 12/27/00 04:00 AM Re: Kalama
Anonymous
Unregistered

Keith, I can try to teach you and some other fishermen something right here w/o having to take you out and show you some boating/fishing intracacies. I gave it a poorly worded shot up above (please pardon that - it was a mood thing) so I will try to lend some learned wisdom about fishing that will make you a better fishermen. It took me many years to learn this secret and I will share it with you now (at the risk of sounding condescending or hypocritical - but it is for effect of the point; not to brag). ....

The best fishermen on the river are the ones who truely get the maximun enjoyment from the experience. This can mean different things to different people. One of the common denominators is success at catching fish of course. Another is enjoying the beautiful outdoor scenery. Many enjoy the fun and company of good friends. Relaxing your way into fish is another. ... Now here's the big secret one that I learned in recent years that has pushed my enjoyment level way up; getting over the 'competitive, outfish the rest, prove myself' mentality on the river! ... You see, I was very much like you Keith at your age. Because I learned good uncrowded productive places for bankfishing, and because I was an eggcuring fanatic in addition to other tricks learned, I often caught and released more salmon and steelhead by myself than most guide's boatloads had on a given day. It is a tougher gig having to get doughballs into fish on crowded river sections as guides must do though. I can tell you that being on the river almost every day and being able to dial in on the several different intracacies of what's taking the fish any particular week is a real advantage; for both guides and hardcores like yourself. Like a lot of the rest of us Keith, for a number of reasons I can only fish typically a couple times a week now. That's not enough to really dial in as I used to; or you do now. I still have the occassional double figure days when the fish are in on the day I'm able to go and I make the right educated guesses of where the fish are and what will work best on them that day, but not nearly as often as I used to when I was 'dialed' in and fishing competitively hard almost every day. Yet I have a much better fishing knowledge base now! BUT, I enjoy my time on the river so much more again. Remember how exhilerating it was to go fishing for steelhead the first couple of years, as you caught a few fish in the learning process. Well, with the right attitude and proper appreciation of what you are getting to do out there, fishing can become exhilerating again. And a whole lot more relaxing and satisfying by just fishing for the shere joy of it and not even thinking about 'kicking everyones @$$' or focusing on getting the biggest numbers you can to tell the world about. It took a lot of time and soul searching for me to earn this mindset and shere enjoyment back again. I wouldn't trade it for any amount of big numbers to brag up or tournament trophy's on my desk to show off. The best fishermen find this realm. I hope you do too someday. - RT

[This message has been edited by Reel Truth (edited 12-27-2000).]

#101739 - 12/27/00 12:41 PM Re: Kalama
Stadle Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle Area
Well Put RT.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1074 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |