I've lived on Magnolia since 1974 and spent many a days fishing down at the locks when i was a kid (legally and illegally). Those were the good ol' days. My buddy Tom Gore and I would go down there and fish for pearch with the sand worms we would get from under the rocks at low tide. Mac showed us how to fith them by fish throwing a bucket of barnicles in the water where we were going to fish. I remember snagging the sockeye and catching the silvers on buzz bombs (illegal) but we were only kids having fun. Like i said before
this is where i caught my first and only steelhead. I was fishing between the bridge and where everyone fished. My sinker was snagged on the bottom and my lead line was the same as my main line. Plummer went down below the bridge and got a row boat and rowed up to the fish and netted the fish. I remember mac, plummer, alex(the crazy russian) and howie. Does anyone remember pitching quarters and playing that card game?
Iremember tying a fishing line to someone elses fishing rod and yelling fish on! My buddy Tom and i went to the locks this Christmas and remenissing about the old times when we were kids fishing at the locks. Boy those were good times when we were young didn't have to work not a worry in the world
and just being young and innocent. I wish i could go back in time. To R Gray are you looking for any help up in Alaska at your lodge? I have plenty of sportfishing experience and i've been commercial fishing alaska since 1980. I'm 33 years old. I've gillnetted Bristol bay for about 12 years and I've purse seigned s.e. for about eight years. In my spare time up north i do alot of sportfishing. If you need any help please reply under GOOD OL' DAYS AT THE BALLARD LOCKS. I LIVE TO FISH AND FISH TO LIVE!!!!!