Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#102392 - 01/04/03 03:56 PM resident silvers
ROCKFISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: manchester,Wa
anybody been chasing them lately in the south sound this year? went out yesterday for first time due to work and weather and actully caught 3 from 1-2 lbs until flounder swallowed my amphipod patterns I had with me. how has docs been doing so far this year if anybodys been out?

#102393 - 01/05/03 12:35 AM Re: resident silvers
Downriggin Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Marine Area 13
Rockfish,

I haven't heard much about Doc's this year.
I am wondering if access is going to be tough with the new bridge project going on (???)
However, Titlow Beach is producing fair to good. Another spot is Pt Fosdick... How about trying is Kopachuck SP? If the Silvers aren't mingling around, dang sure the Cutts are.
Let me know how you do.

Downriggin'

Puget Sound Anglers, Gig Harbor Chapter

#102394 - 01/05/03 03:39 PM Re: resident silvers
ROCKFISH Offline
Spawner

haven't even thought about docs with the bridge being built, hope it doesn't effect access to much. just about to walk out the door to docs right now and to see if anything is happening. thanks for the tips. Ben

#102395 - 01/06/03 12:36 PM Re: resident silvers
kjackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Townend, WA
I haven't done much fishing for resident silvers, but since steelheading seems to be a wash and it's a while before blackmouth gets kicking in this area, I'd like to hit the salt for resident silvers.

What's the secret as far as the type of water, depth, conditions you find these fish in? I've run into only a few while fishing for searun, except in the fall. Is my problem that I'm fishing the wrong water? Or don't resident silvers run in the north Sound and Hood Canal?

I'd appreciate help.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

#102396 - 01/07/03 10:12 PM Re: resident silvers
ROCKFISH Offline
Spawner

the south sound has a pretty good winter and spring fishery for resident silvers. its hit and miss pretty much but can be fast at times with the stray blackmouth about 3 lbs or so. I use shrimp patterns on my 5 wt using the amphipod hop, twitch, twitch, twitch pause, short twitches real fast with a 15 to 20 second pause, around fox island and thru the narrows are poplular places. I like low tide myself as a rule of thumb fishing from shore, havent took the boat out yet this winter fishing but weather is nice and casting from shore is easier with these short days of daylight. resident silvers in puget sound generally stay south of the narrows until late winter or early spring I heard and believe. there a good fishery around here to keep yourself busy fishing the couple hours of light after work. and flounder I have grown to love fishing for these things during the winter. they'll take your flies big and small.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1089 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645296 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |