Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#102516 - 02/11/03 11:36 PM road trip CA - WA
D3Smartie Offline

Loc: Bainbridge Island WA
I know it is a long time from now but I am trying to plan my drive back to WA from socal.
I am new to the forum and would appreciate any help that you guys can provide.
Here's the deal.
I am going to be driving back from Mailbu CA to Bainbridge Island WA in early june. Are there are recommendations out there for fishing spots that I MUST visit. I am already planning on hitting the Deschutes and maybe Hat creek. Anybody have any other spots I should try to hit?
100% fly fishing

#102517 - 02/11/03 11:58 PM Re: road trip CA - WA
DarinB Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Woodinville
Yes,

Woods Creek down near the Klamath, OR. It flows into the Klamath Lake from the north. It is like a spring creek similar to Silver Creek, ID or Rocky Ford, WA but with the addition of brown trout -big ones! Slow moving and possible to float in pontoon boat, raft or drift boat from a certain bridge, bank fishing also exist. Check out detailed info in some Oregon guide books etc.. You may also want to fish the Klamath particulary if you fish it when rainbows migrate from Klamath Lake into the upper river.(-Spring is the spawning season for 'bows) Contact a local shop or guide to learn more. Also, one other note for trout would be if you got a few extra bucks flip a bill and pay to fish one of those great high desert lakes in eastern Oregon on your way up to the Deschutes. Don't forget Crown Prarrie Resevior and the upper Deschutes as well!!! As for California, I used to live in Lake Tahoe and spent some time checking things out in northern California from time to time. Particulary when I was working for private foresters in the area. The McLoud River (By Hat Creek) is a good bet too. If you can make it a little east of there into western Nevada (not to far from the boarder of CA) head to Pryamid Lake for some good Lahotan Cutthroat fishing. Early to mid spring is the best time there -much like Lenore in E washington -difference being, Pyramid Lake is where the Lahotans came from!! Good luck, let us know how it goes.....

Good fishing, Darin
One more thing: If you haven't fished the Deschutes for trout, you may want to consider buying a Warm Springs Indian Reservation fishing license( used to be $8.00). It allows you full access to their side of the river. This opens up a lot more water to fish plus, if it's busy the indian side is pretty open usually.

"There are two sides to every coin, but yet in still they are the same"
"Courtesy and deference are the oil of society. Be yourself since anonymity breeds obnoxiousness."

#102518 - 02/12/03 12:05 AM Re: road trip CA - WA
DarinB Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Woodinville
By the way Smartie, being your "smart" how do I put up a picture like yours? How do you do it on this forum? I'd like to post up my steelhead from Friday. Nice fish by the way.
Darin

"There are two sides to every coin, but yet in still they are the same"
"Courtesy and deference are the oil of society. Be yourself since anonymity breeds obnoxiousness."

#102519 - 02/12/03 12:39 PM Re: road trip CA - WA
D3Smartie Offline

another problem I will have it that my girlfriend will be along and while I dont mind fishing a couple days on spring creeks, I bet she will get frustrated. She is fairly new to fly fishing but likes it a lot. I want her to catch some fish which would be very tough for her on places like silver creek.
Another thought I had is hitting the Crooked river which can be good but its been a while since I have been there.

#102520 - 02/20/03 04:45 PM Re: road trip CA - WA
D3Smartie Offline

steelnerves--- I sent you a message about how to put up an avatar.

anybody else out there that can help me out?

#102521 - 02/20/03 05:12 PM Re: road trip CA - WA
Downriggin Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Marine Area 13
Upper Sac is one the way... What a great fishery! Might look at the Klamath around Iron Gate also.

I would definately make a point to stop at the Kalama in June!

Downriggin'

Puget Sound Anglers, Gig Harbor Chapter

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |