Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1028994 - 04/22/20 11:10 PM Re: Tribes Dictate, not Negotiate. [Re: Bay wolf]
Lifter99 Offline
Returning Adult

Larry, I wonder if Hunter Farms on the other side of the river has to reimburse or pay "rent" to the tribe for the land they occupy? I am guessing the tribe claims all of Hunter Farms land as theirs. Just wondering.

#1029019 - 04/23/20 12:59 PM Re: Tribes Dictate, not Negotiate. [Re: Bay wolf]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Lifter, the tribe's claim is that the borders to the reservation include the river up to its bank on the far side. History, maps and a other sources do a good job of disputing this. There was a prior suit the tribe lots concerning the ownership of tidelands that lays out some guidelines to determining borders. From this precedent, I believe the tribe clearly is in the wrong. In any case, the this would not have any bearing on Hunters land, just his right to access the river boarding his property.

I posted an old email here in the past in which I was told the State / Departement had worked out an agreement to open up the Skok in the past, but at the NOF tribal negotiations the other tribes stated that if an agreement was attempted, they would walk out of the negotiations - basically cancelling the State's / Department's ability to get a season. The State then caved. Then, it was all basically covered up. Both the state and tribe indicated that they work still working out an agreement and the Skok's actually came out and said the issue never came up.

Huge reason why the meetings must be opened.

#1029036 - 04/23/20 07:24 PM Re: Tribes Dictate, not Negotiate. [Re: Bay wolf]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Gov. response to the email I sent:
"Thank you for contacting Governor Inslee. We have received your comments and appreciate that you have taken the time to share your thoughts with our office.

Communicating with the Governor is an important way to help shape our state's policies and priorities. We all benefit from the input of interested individuals like you. Although the volume of contacts we receive does not permit a specific response to every email, please know that all comments are read and shared with internal staff and agencies as appropriate.

If you are experiencing problems with a state agency, our office will send a referral to the headquarters office on your behalf and ask that agency staff respond to you directly.

If you are contacting us about an issue that is outside of the Governor's jurisdiction, we will follow up with you and provide appropriate contact information and other resources as available.

Again, thank you for reaching out to Governor Inslee.

Sincerely,

Constituent Services
Office of Governor Jay Inslee

Obviously they are busy and sent out a generic response, understandable. we will see if they follow up?

Edited by RUNnGUN (04/23/20 07:25 PM)

#1029120 - 04/25/20 03:58 PM Re: Tribes Dictate, not Negotiate. [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 912 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645358 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |