Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1029791 - 05/05/20 10:14 AM Benghazi
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Why is it Republicans were so outraged when 4 people died in a embassy attack, but now tens of thousands are dying and the reaction seems to be, fvck um we need to reopen the country.
These same republicans advocate to over turn RvW, because unborn life is precious.
But now in the middle of a pandemic they favor the retroactive abortion option.

#1029792 - 05/05/20 10:35 AM Re: Benghazi [Re: Illahee]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

Been giving this some thought lately and have come to this conclusion.

It seems that *generally* educated, alleged intelligent types have risen to the ranks of power over the years, almost exclusively lawyers and professional politicians who once they have that power use it to enhance their ego's and pockets more than our country, causing disillusionment from those that feel left behind by these educated, alleged intelligent types that have been in power for so many years (both Dem and Repub), so... along comes time for a change, a vulgar, uneducated, unintelligent, pushy, boorish, loud, crass, petty, non lawyer, non politician comes along that they feel will represent their life view and needs more than previous leaders have.
All those other battle cries are just noise, none of it really matters to them, it's all just excuses to justify putting a simpleton in power who doesn't have the intelligence or articulation to make them feel as stupid as they always have.

#1029795 - 05/05/20 12:01 PM Re: Benghazi [Re: DCC]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: DCC

All those other battle cries are just noise, none of it really matters to them, it's all just excuses to justify putting a simpleton in power who doesn't have the intelligence or articulation to make them feel as stupid as they always have.

This.

He may be ignorant, loud, destructive, rude, belligerent, and vulgar...but so is about 30% of our country, and he is their guy. The other 10% who support him are just using the ignorant for their own edification, as they always have.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1029797 - 05/05/20 12:05 PM Re: Benghazi [Re: Illahee]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
It's not that simple Illahee.

Lives and livelyhoods. Neither of them are much good without the other. There has to be the appropriate level of balance to this. You can't over protect and keep things locked down too long or you run the risk of putting millions into poverty & homelessness, which can and does kill far more in a year than this virus. You can't under protect and go wild with reckless abandon or we'll all die sooner rather than later.

Balance, balance, balance....

#1029798 - 05/05/20 12:10 PM Re: Benghazi [Re: Illahee]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Or, shockingly...those "job creators" don't create anything without workers, and they need their workers back.

That's why these "grass roots" protests are organized by Koch Industries, who seems to be at the "grass roots" level of every right wing "grass roots" campaign.

Not to mention that those "job creators" are also tired of paying unemployment to people trying to not die. Opening the economy means people must go back to work, or they don't get to eat.

Fish on...

Todd

#1029799 - 05/05/20 12:14 PM Re: Benghazi [Re: NickD90]
RabidAngler
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: NickD90
There has to be the appropriate level of balance to this.
LOL

#1029802 - 05/05/20 12:43 PM Re: Benghazi [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: RabidAngler
LOL

As I said before...the right wingnuts were right, there are Death Panels, and apparently Nick would like a seat on one so he can be the decider over who and how many get to die, you know, as balance.

Donald Trump is a failure in every single measurable metric, and lies directly in the face of all Americans, every day, including all of his followers...and all but the very most stupid among them know it, and just flat out don't mind.

He is there guy...pathological liar, philanderer, admitted sexual predator, who attacks the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments, explicitly, all the while embarrassing our country on a grand global scale, every day...but he is their guy, and they just let it slide, and even worse, revel in it.

Fish on...

Todd

#1029806 - 05/05/20 01:41 PM Re: Benghazi [Re: Illahee]
NickD90 Offline

No not really and I find no enjoyment out of any of it. I believe wanting proper balance is the appropriate response here - as moving to far in any direction would cause more harm than good. It is not a situation I would want to try resolving (damned if do - damned if don't).

I did just go shopping at the pragmatism store, so I'm fully stocked up. You won't find any Trump ballwashing here, so you'll have to take that TDS driveway bait elsewhere.

#1029808 - 05/05/20 01:58 PM Re: Benghazi [Re: NickD90]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

No not really and I find no enjoyment out of any of it. I believe wanting proper balance is the appropriate response here - as moving to far in any direction would cause more harm than good. It is not a situation I would want to try resolving (damned if do - damned if don't).

I did just go shopping at the pragmatism store, so I'm fully stocked up. You won't find any Trump ballwashing here, so you'll have to take that TDS driveway bait elsewhere.

Wasn't referring to you as a Trump Cult Member, just as a Death Panel jurist wink

Fish on...

Todd

#1029812 - 05/05/20 04:20 PM Re: Benghazi [Re: Illahee]
NickD90 Offline

Well...I could do that. It might be fun (by "might", I mean it would). Is it a paying gig? Do they provide parking validation and snacks? Any chance I can get put on the panel that oversees CU Buffs fans?

I do have a great "Caesar Thumb" and I can see it pointing down most of the time. Especially for these idiot lockdown protestors.

#1029815 - 05/06/20 07:45 AM Re: Benghazi [Re: Todd]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Todd
Originally Posted By: RabidAngler
LOL

As I said before...the right wingnuts were right, there are Death Panels, and apparently Nick would like a seat on one so he can be the decider over who and how many get to die, you know, as balance.

Donald Trump is a failure in every single measurable metric, and lies directly in the face of all Americans, every day, including all of his followers...and all but the very most stupid among them know it, and just flat out don't mind.

He is there guy...pathological liar, philanderer, admitted sexual predator, who attacks the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments, explicitly, all the while embarrassing our country on a grand global scale, every day...but he is their guy, and they just let it slide, and even worse, revel in it.

Fish on...

Todd

Well said!

#1029816 - 05/06/20 08:34 AM Re: Benghazi [Re: Illahee]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
I ask you this question, who should decide if they choose to work, shop, or get a haircut, you or big brother?

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#1029818 - 05/06/20 09:00 AM Re: Benghazi [Re: blackmouth]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: blackmouth
I ask you this question, who should decide if they choose to work, shop, or get a haircut, you or big brother?

I don't think it's that difficult. The right of "they" to do whatever "they" please stops at "their" right to contaminate or infect another, which is zero. Therefore, to the extent "they" can do whatever "they" want without harming another person, then carry on. And under Todd's stupidity should hurt rule, which I whole heartedly support, if "they" infect another person, then "they" should be struck the fvck down, hard, and dead. Carry on.

#1029821 - 05/06/20 10:19 AM Re: Benghazi [Re: blackmouth]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

After SG's answer, I must ask you to answer to your own question, please.

#1029824 - 05/06/20 10:46 AM Re: Benghazi [Re: Illahee]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

O.K., If I wanted to get a haircut, I might drive to a barber shop and if it is not open that should be the proprietors decision, not Jay Inslee's. Understand that I did not make him open and he did not make me come to him. And unlike many government employees he is not getting paid.

'Flattening the curve' does not necessarily 'save lives' what it does do is help keep our health care system from becoming overburdened, if that system did become overburdened then lives could be lost due to inadequate care. Lives could also be saved if new treatments were developed during the extended timeline. Our healthcare system is not currently even close to being overburdened.

I realize that CV19 is a serious virus and I take seriously. I choose to be very carefull
but I do not need to be forced to I choose to limit my social contacts and not one person has chased me down to breath on me or make me shake their hand.

I seems to me that liberals are often willing to give up their and my decisions/rights to government. I not sure of why that is the case but I have noticed that most government employees/pensioners that I know are liberals and very few are conservatives. $$$$$$$$$ ?

#1029826 - 05/06/20 10:49 AM Re: Benghazi [Re: DCC]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Hopefully you will find the answer to your question above Grasshopper.

#1029827 - 05/06/20 11:11 AM Re: Benghazi [Re: blackmouth]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Or perhaps liberals are just smarter, choosing to listen to science over politicians.

#1029829 - 05/06/20 11:13 AM Re: Benghazi [Re: Illahee]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: Illahee
Or perhaps liberals are just smarter, choosing to listen to science over politicians.

Times many millions.

Fish on...

Todd

#1029830 - 05/06/20 11:22 AM Re: Benghazi [Re: Illahee]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

zip Oh yes, liberals are so smart that they can listen to science.

The fact is that liberals like to use science to justify their agenda when they can, they use science the same way that conservatives do, just a bit more liberally. slap

#1029834 - 05/06/20 11:45 AM Re: Benghazi [Re: blackmouth]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: worshington

zip Oh yes, liberals are so smart that they can listen to science.

The fact is that liberals like to use science to justify their agenda when they can, they use science the same way that conservatives do, just a bit more liberally. slap

What is crazy is that this Covid situation has become so politicized. I mean why does it appear that those people protesting temporary closures are trumpers and otherwise conservatives? It makes no sense. This virus can kill people regardless of their political party.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |