Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1035920 - 08/05/20 03:25 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

Did some spud test digging a couple few weeks ago (one hill, each variety) with mixed results, some kind of mole rat shrew vole critter ate more than it's fairfuckingshare, bugs got into a few, too and I still got enough that I haven't eaten them all yet, yeller finns and red pontiacs seem to be my fave and I am expecting some B&C results come the big dig. I'm more of a roaster than baker, unless it's steak night.

4 rows, 4 varieties 15ish ft each should stave off the famine.

Will do on the seed stash, my scarlet runners are old stock from some I grew 5...mebbe 6 years ago, I ate all the rest... low yield on the germination, but enough to keep the strain alive, old timer says he got them from an old timer that says his Grandma or Aunt or some crazy witch brought them from the old country, they don't look any different than others I've seen....but it's a cool story, true or not, bro.

Blue Lakes are easy, but I'll let some dry on the vine and we'll watch them grow next year anyway.

Dig it.

#1035931 - 08/05/20 05:16 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: DCC]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Originally Posted By: DCC
Did some spud test digging a couple few weeks ago (one hill, each variety) with mixed results, some kind of mole rat shrew vole critter ate more than it's fairfuckingshare, bugs got into a few, too and I still got enough that I haven't eaten them all yet, yeller finns and red pontiacs seem to be my fave and I am expecting some B&C results come the big dig. I'm more of a roaster than baker, unless it's steak night.

4 rows, 4 varieties 15ish ft each should stave off the famine.

Will do on the seed stash, my scarlet runners are old stock from some I grew 5...mebbe 6 years ago, I ate all the rest... low yield on the germination, but enough to keep the strain alive, old timer says he got them from an old timer that says his Grandma or Aunt or some crazy witch brought them from the old country, they don't look any different than others I've seen....but it's a cool story, true or not, bro.

Blue Lakes are easy, but I'll let some dry on the vine and we'll watch them grow next year anyway.

Dig it.

Fvck yes! Let's do it. Odd, my Scarlett Runners are LOADED with pods and more coming everyday. I got them second hand from a friend. 6 beans total and 5 sprouted. They took right off and are producing like crazy, so they must be a good strain. I'll save you some for our bean swap.

I'm doing my taters in 100 gallon fabric bags. 6 of em'. No bugs but they required constant attention. Those fabric bags work good above ground, but you MUST stay on top of watering. I have one Butternut that just wouldn't keep any moisture and it continually stressed the plant. So I built a 1.5" inch PVC pipe with holes that I hammered down into the bag to the bottom and now stick the hose directly into the pipe. It's worked wonders and I may be onto something.

#1036646 - 08/18/20 11:52 AM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

It's corn time...kill it and grille it!

#1036706 - 08/18/20 08:16 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
NickD90 Offline

I planted 6 corns just for chits and giggles. Mostly for chicken plant scraps. I've been expecting zero cobs, but surprisingly, I think I might have 1 small cob worthy of human eating. The other little ones....yeah...chickens.

I do want to hit up the local Corn grow for a couple of boxes to can and put up for the winter.

Still with the fookin' green beans. Always with the green beans. It's too much!

#1036716 - 08/18/20 09:47 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: worshington
Ok. Y'all make me think I'll grow some veggies next year. Do the raccoons eat your stuff?

Lots of those fvckers at my locale.

#1036747 - 08/19/20 09:30 AM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

Been eating fresh tomatoes for a month. Now they're taking a break, and it will be a few more days before we get some more ripe ones. After planting the green beans 4 times, finally got those coming on, and they are delicious. And lettuce, lotsa' lettuce of course. Strawberries and blue berries had a good season. I never grew corn before, but on a lark when I saw these little corn starts at the nursery, I put one in my cart. It had 5 stalks of bodacious variety corn. Only 3 survived, and 2 grew to maturity. Ate those last week. I didn't know you only get 2 ears of corn per stalk. It takes a lot of space to grow much corn. Fortunately I can get it at the farm down the road.

#1039494 - 10/09/20 07:14 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
NickD90 Offline

PO-TAY-TOE

Boil em', mash em', stick em' inna stew!

I've pulled all my taters and there will be no Irish famine on the ol' ponderosa this year. I put in Pontiac Reds, Red Norlands, Yukon Golds, German Butterballs, Gold Rush plus some mixed bag seed (about a pound each). Each type was in their own 100 gallon fabric container (6 total). I ended up with between 15 - 25 pounds per type so about 75 - 90 pounds total if I had to guess. Not too bad for a very small plot contained grow.

Since I'm only one person, everyone who sees me gets a bag o' spuds. No exceptions.

Tonight I'm having Wild, Bratkartoffeln Berliner Art und Gurkensalat.

For you heathens that's just venison, roasted taters n' bacon and German style Cucumber salad. But I killed or grew all of it except the bacon., so I'm pretty awesome.

#1039495 - 10/09/20 08:04 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: NickD90

Tonight I'm having Wild, Bratkartoffeln Berliner Art und Gurkensalat.

Mach Schnell!!!

#1039496 - 10/09/20 08:42 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
NickD90 Offline

Ich versuche Bruder!

Verdammte Scheiße!!! Abendessen war sehr lecker! thumbs

[I think I got that right....German is retarded hard]

#1039499 - 10/09/20 09:24 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

It's the only thing I know. Mach Schnell.

#1039507 - 10/10/20 09:45 AM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
Got me a whole smattering of taters as well. Mix and mash ‘em with some garlic, sour cream, butter, then top with some fresh chives next to a good cut of beef.

Don’t care how unhealthy it is. 0 Fvcks given.

#1039510 - 10/10/20 10:08 AM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Potatoes are great food. They get a bum rap because of the carbs, but they are a good nutritional source. Drowning one in butter and sour cream may not be the best for your waist line, but that's not really the tater's fault.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1039513 - 10/10/20 10:18 AM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: Dan S.]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

It's when you eat a pound of them,which is what they serve up covered in grease in most restaurants. Red skinned oven roasted potatoes in olive oil,rosemary and garlic are BOMB!

#1039516 - 10/10/20 10:29 AM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

Yes Nick, you must be pretty awesome. Congrats.

I don't grow any potatoes since I just have a couple raised beds. All I have left is some carrots and onions to pick. Everything else is done with. I think I got the last of the tomatoes yesterday.

#1039517 - 10/10/20 10:31 AM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: Dan S.]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Potatoes are great food. They get a bum rap because of the carbs, but they are a good nutritional source. Drowning one in butter and sour cream may not be the best for your waist line, but that's not really the tater's fault.

Ex fat fuk penn from penn and teller lost all his swinger life style weight from a potato only diet. That or he stapled his stomach.

#1039519 - 10/10/20 10:38 AM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: ]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Originally Posted By: Reefskunk

Western Washington outdoor weed is a total pain in the ass come mid September. I think next year I’ll do some auto flower or light dep with my normal cuts.

Luckily, we have a horticulturist in our midst.

#1039523 - 10/10/20 12:14 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: Reefskunk

Western Washington outdoor weed is a total pain in the ass come mid September. I think next year I’ll do some auto flower or light dep with my normal cuts.

That's a beaut Clark! Love the purps.

#1039525 - 10/10/20 12:27 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
NickD90 Offline

I grew some sunflowers for the first time around the perimeter of new chx coop. 5 mammoths that got about 15 - 18' tall with 1 - 2' heads. Plus "snacker" style that get about 10' tall with 1' heads. The "snacker" style spits out really nice shells...well...for snackin' on....er duh.

Of course the birds and critters got to my crop JUST before harvest. I lost about half my yield, so lesson learned. I dried out the whole mammoth heads for muh chickens to peck on and then made roasted seeds from the snackers. First time roasting my own - twas pretty simple. Todd ate some when we went mushroom huntin'. They are really, really tasty IMO. Wish the critters would have left me more, but the tax man gets his share I suppose....

#1039545 - 10/10/20 04:12 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: dwatkins]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
LOL that would make some good MJ butter for baking.

I cut up some peppers (jalapeno, Fresno, chili) and tomatoes from my raised bed. Added some celery and salt to the cubed halibut soaking in fresh squeezed lime and lemon juice. Ceviche later with some tortilla chips.

#1050278 - 04/08/21 12:41 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
NickD90 Offline

Bump for the Garden Gnomes up in here.

Chit be gettin' planted. Yard and garden is tip top. Young chicks in the brooder. Young chick out in the yard learning the ins & outs. She's a greenhorn but hot damn, does she have the smallest, littlest, most perfect carrot and lettuce seed plantin' hands I ever did see. Oh....and yeah....yoga pants. Spring has sprung indeed.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (fp), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |