Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1050279 - 04/08/21 01:09 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
Paul Smenis Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: In a drift boat...
Made use of my time at home a couple weeks ago and constructed a green house in the back. My "tomato plants" are as happy as I have ever seen. Should yield a couple hundred grams easy each. Really liking sour diesel and blue dream, also got some gorilla glue going for old times sake.

Should be a fun harvest this year. Got a couple AK47 plants going to process into pain cream as well. Should be set for the year when all is said and done.

#1050281 - 04/08/21 01:52 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: Paul Smenis]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: worshington
Originally Posted By: War-Paint
Really liking sour diesel and blue dream, also got some gorilla glue going for old times sake.

Good choices, all.

#1050284 - 04/08/21 01:58 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: NickD90
Oh....and yeah....yoga pants. Spring has sprung indeed.

This thread is useless without pics.

My daughter (3rd generation Husky starting this fall) is taking another horticulture class in her senior year of HS and has got me to get an 32'x6' plot of garden ready for the planting. Most of the current starts are still in the garage under the grow lights.

Going to try: Roma and Beefsteak tomaters, 2nd year on the artichoke plant and it should produce something this year. Brussel sprouts, radishes, carrots, char, spinach, peas, beans, basil, green onions, thyme, cilantro, rosemary, zucchini and cucumber. Got a rhubarb plant out front.

When I asked her if she had taken this class last year, she replied "Yes Dad. Last year we learned how to grow the crops. This year, we are learning how to dry, process and distribute the crops."

Hmmmmmmm.

#1050287 - 04/08/21 02:03 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
Just finished building some new raised beds. Adding a soil/compost mix tomorrow. Still deciding on what to have in the beds this year. Probably going to have tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, green onion, snap peas, zucchini and anything else that is user friendly for this greenhorn grower.

-Steamy

#1050289 - 04/08/21 02:31 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

Cool, I got way ahead of the game this year and my peas are climbing up to the 2 foot mark now, put some effort into onions and got a couple packs of Elsia Craig's to go with my Walla Walla's, reds, shallots and Zermatt Leeks (love leeks) Elsia Craigs are sweet and delicious and XXXXL and I'm having a contest with myself to see how big I can grow them, Jalepenos are just sprouted and after the Anaheim shortage last year I made sure that I have a few dozen of those coming up, too, spuds are bought but not yet in the dirt, hoping Dogfish will hook me up with some Yellow Finn seed spuds to round out the potato patch, Broccoli, Cabbage, Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower are about ready to get the next size pots, they will go out in the dirt in May.
Seems wearing yoga pants matters so I will be looking into getting into those....
Small hands are nice, they make whatever they are holding look.....bigger.

#1050290 - 04/08/21 02:52 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: NickD90]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Spokane WA
The new chicks just went into the coup this week, not ready for going outside the coup yet.

I've been making poached chicken egg sandwiches everyday for lunch, yesterday I grabbed a fresh duck egg and made a sandwich.

I was sick for a couple of hours, puking and sitting on the sh!ter, not fun. I eat duck eggs often, but not from this duck. Not sure I can eat another duck egg for a while.

#1050291 - 04/08/21 04:07 PM Re: How does your garden grow? [Re: ]
Paul Smenis Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: In a drift boat...
Originally Posted By: Coming Soon
GG is my all time favorite. I’m jealous of your ability to start so early on the east side, surely the green house helps w/ temp. Not enough sun in my spot for another month or so and no green house. I’ll be out of town all summer so no garden for me this year. By the way WP, thank you for the box of plugs you sent a while back. They’re being put to good use.

I knew they would be. smile

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 993 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |