Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#103497 - 07/04/04 02:48 PM WSCFFF, Northwest Casting Exposition
Homer2handed Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: DEADWOOD
I found this on the web:

For the last few years the Washington State Council the Federation of Fly Fishers ("WSCFFF") has sponsored a fly casting competition and workshop called the Northwest Casting Exposition. This event is open to the general public. It will be held at McDonald Park in Carnation, WA. You can get more information at www.washingtoncouncilfff.org

Fly fisherpersons can participate in different venues. There is a competitive portion of the event, where those who enter compete to see who can chuck a line the furthest (i.e. distance casting), and who can hit the most rings in the least amount of time (i.e. accuracy casting). A person can compete in the Advanced division (where will you find those in the industry, guides, certified casting instructors, or others who think they are hot dog casters, etc.) or the Skilled division (everyone else!). There are men's, women's, and youth categories. The WSCFFF provides the 6 weight rods and lines for the competitors to use, so all have similar advantages and disadvantages. In the past the winners of these events have been provided new premium rods, including Sage (XP, TCR), Temple Fork (TiCr), and Loomis (GLX, Streamdance).

For those who don't want to compete, however, there are many different casting clinics and seminars scheduled throughout the day, conducted typically by certified fly casting instructors. Distinguished fly casting guests have included Steve Rajeff, Randi Swisher, and last year Mel Krieger. No matter what you perceive your skill casting level, there is something to be learned at these clinics! One tip could jump you up to the 'next level'.

Additionally, there are other little "fun" casting courses (i.e. trying to hit a target while casting around a bush, casting through a hoop, tic tac toe, etc.) set up for people to try. Vendors like Orvis, Sage, Loomis, and Temple Fork Outfitters have had rods there for people to test cast. At the end of the day a raffle is conducted for a ton of cool fly fishing stuff, which has included guided float trips down the Yakima River(Evening Hatch) and the Methow River.

This is an awesome event, and the money raised goes towards WSCFFF environmental programs and youth activities.

MY CHALLENGE:

There are numerous folks who participate on this website that seem to consider themselves pretty hot casters, at least they convey themselves that way over the keyboard and over the web. My challenge is for you to come out and show what you can really do. Let's see if you can walk the walk.

Additionally, there are many folks here who are beginners or intermediates and seem to sometimes have casting issue questions. Here is an opportunity for you to come out, and for little money (I think the fee is $20 for an adult and $10 for kids) test cast rods and get advice from experts.

See you there!

[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:VeLkiG2PPCrjzM:www.bunncapitol.com/cookbook[/img]

#103498 - 07/04/04 02:56 PM Re: WSCFFF, Northwest Casting Exposition
Homer2handed Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: DEADWOOD
You might see someone talking about line care, splicing, loop making and line design for two-handed rods.

laugh

[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:VeLkiG2PPCrjzM:www.bunncapitol.com/cookbook[/img]

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
280ackimp, DAVEANNICK, nicksdad, redgussydog, reitersteelhead123, wallacewhaler123, zswoods
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1013 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645357 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |