THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1035380 - 07/28/20 08:50 PM The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. ****
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

That being said,my calendar is tentatively blocked out from the 15th of October to the 21st of October,during which time I will be chasing fish somewhere ,with some of you. I will have my truck,so it should be cake. It's a little bit of a drive from Monterey,but I have done it many times. Takes me about 13 hours to get to Portland.

Edited by ArvidBarker (07/29/20 09:15 AM)

#1035386 - 07/28/20 09:02 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Don't just talk about it. Be about it!

#1035388 - 07/28/20 09:21 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: NickD90]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

That's right! I once flew up there and fished for a weekend. Stayed in a barn. Evidently my snoring caused Todd to want to smother me with a pillow rofl . I don't snore anymore like that.

That was when HohBomb was a member here,some of you might remember him. A.P. ,Sykofish,bunch of crazy fukkers,Phil went swimming.That was a fun trip!

#1035389 - 07/28/20 09:26 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
SpoonFed Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: ArvidBarker
That's right! I once flew up there and fished for a weekend. Stayed in a barn. Evidently my snoring caused Todd to want to smother me with a pillow rofl . I don't snore anymore like that.

rofl

#1035390 - 07/29/20 07:12 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Look - if you crash in Kenny's barn, you'd better be prepared to hear some snoring.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1035397 - 07/29/20 09:16 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Dan S.]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Look - if you crash in Kenny's barn, you'd better be prepared to hear some snoring.
This,and also,first post modified to reflect new dates. I wanted to maximize my fishing time up there,always a number one priority .

#1035399 - 07/29/20 09:23 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Your first dates were perfect for beach coho.
Your updated dates not so much but still possible, though the best MA will be closed then. Good timing for searun cutts though if you’ve never chased them in the salt.
If you are going to be near the south sound or Hood Canal during your week let me know and maybe we can hit the beaches for a day.
SF

#1035402 - 07/29/20 09:45 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA

That was when HohBomb was a member here,some of you might remember him. A.P. ,Sykofish,bunch of crazy fukkers,Phil went swimming.That was a fun trip!

That was a great trip, but your snoring was so bad that even a few rooms away you were peeling the paint off the wall in my room...I can't remember who it was, but one of the dudes left the building and slept in his car!

rofl

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1035458 - 07/29/20 02:19 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Todd]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Todd
I can't remember who it was, but one of the dudes left the building and slept in his car!

rofl

Fish on...

Todd
rofl

#1035459 - 07/29/20 02:20 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: stonefish]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: stonefish
Your first dates were perfect for beach coho.
Your updated dates not so much but still possible, though the best MA will be closed then. Good timing for searun cutts though if you’ve never chased them in the salt.
If you are going to be near the south sound or Hood Canal during your week let me know and maybe we can hit the beaches for a day.
SF
SF I actually would prefer sea run cutts! I don't fly fish though so hopefully there is hope still!

#1035461 - 07/29/20 02:43 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Don't flyfish!?!

I knew you were shady and sketch.

Looks like you got a couple months to learn or be embarrassed by handoffs on 12" troots.

Tick tock.

#1035462 - 07/29/20 02:44 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: NickD90]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

I can cast 'OK' but not great. And flyfishing is not something I do much down here.

#1035464 - 07/29/20 02:54 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

You don't need to cast all that great to catch beach cutties. I mean, it helps if you can do a single haul and shoot some line, but it's not like you have to land your cast in a bucket from 80 yards out in 30 MPH winds. As long as you can relatively chuck something out there a decent distance, you'll do OK.

#1035465 - 07/29/20 02:55 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Small spinners and spoons with single barbless hooks will get it done with cutts. Spoons preferred.
Something like a floating or slow sinking Rapala would kill if they make them small enough and with single hooks.
I bet small micro jigs twitched would work as well for imitating polychaete worms.
SF

#1035468 - 07/29/20 03:04 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

They do make single hook micro Rapalas Stoney. A single rear treble is standard, but easily swapped out for a single point siwash. Teeney tiny little things and troots LOVE em'.

#1035471 - 07/29/20 03:15 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Good to know.
October and November are prime topwater months for south sound and canal cutts.
I bet a small flatfish would also work well.
SF

#1035479 - 07/29/20 04:26 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
Schit, even I can fly fish. The only thing lacking in my game is the faggy costumes they wear. My gf just got me a brimmed hat that should look dorky enough to pass as a fly fisherman....lol

Got nothing on fly guys Stone, I fly fish alot and love it

#1035480 - 07/29/20 04:30 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Bent Metal]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Originally Posted By: Bent Metal
The only thing lacking in my game is the faggy costumes they wear.

We talking ascots in this thread? grin
SF

#1035484 - 07/29/20 05:58 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: stonefish]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

I didn't know this would turn into a swooping sherlock holmes pipe/ascot thread!
SF what weight fly rod? I'll pm you and pick your brain!

#1035485 - 07/29/20 06:22 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

You don't need fly gear for SRC's around here. They're trout. They bite trout gear. Lots of different kinds.

It's fun to catch them on fly gear because you CAN catch them on fly gear with good success - but don't be fooled into thinking you need a fly rig and ascot to hit the beach and find cutties.

#1035487 - 07/29/20 06:56 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

I didn't know this would turn into a swooping sherlock holmes pipe/ascot thread!
SF what weight fly rod? I'll pm you and pick your brain!

6 wt but a 5 will do. No ascot or pipe required.
6 is nice if the wind is up.

Dan is correct. You don’t need a fly rod.
Trout gear will work. I caught my first 55+ years ago on a Daredevil spoon at a beach may folks have caught their first. They should rename it Searun Beach 101.
[Bleeeeep!] I’m old.....
SF

Edited by stonefish (07/29/20 09:20 PM)

#1035489 - 07/29/20 07:06 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: worshington
I agree that Dan is correct. I catch 'm on spoons and spinners. They eat that schit.

#1035493 - 07/29/20 08:58 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: DBS]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Good,I need to keep my pride and dignity intact. The real reason is I just don't want to bring too much gear or have to buy any new rods or reels. My fly equipment is for striped bass ,salmon,and steelhead. 8-9 wt.

#1035495 - 07/29/20 09:11 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Good,I need to keep my pride and dignity intact.

That ship sailed long ago my friend.

#1035497 - 07/29/20 09:33 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: NickD90]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

No one will argue that.

#1036201 - 08/09/20 11:13 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

It’s official. Got my flight for October

#1036207 - 08/09/20 03:32 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: dwatkins]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

I have all my dates marked off on the calendar. In no uncertain terms will work interfere with my plans. I have enough work ,feeling blessed to be able to take some time and spend it in some of my favorite places. When this approaches I'll come up with a place to eat Saturday night ,see who shows up. Hopefully some of you will set aside your pre conceived notions and meet up. We can all just get along grin.

Also,I plan on bonking some fish to take home. Will ho myself out for whatever eggs anyone wants to part with rofl.

#1037835 - 09/10/20 01:26 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Bump. About a month away. I have my calendar blacked out for a week. Dwat,still flying up friday the 16th?

#1037836 - 09/10/20 01:29 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Exact dates known?

#1037848 - 09/10/20 03:26 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: NickD90]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Yeah I plan on being actually there the 17th to 21st,driving up the 16th,and back the 21st or 22nd. Depends on the fishing,if I get beat up by war paint,et al.

#1037864 - 09/10/20 05:22 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
Should be some decent fishing opportunities around...

#1037866 - 09/10/20 05:47 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Pray for rain!

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1037867 - 09/10/20 06:48 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Dan S. Offline

Originally Posted By: Jason Beezuz
Pray for rain!

+1

#1037868 - 09/10/20 06:49 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Jason Beezuz]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Pray for rain!
Never pray for rain. Every year you guys complain about being blown out! I'm coming up to see some new scenery hopefully,connect with a few folks including my oldest friend in Portland,and to whore eggs!

Edited by ArvidBarker (09/10/20 06:50 PM)

#1037869 - 09/10/20 06:53 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Streamer]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Streamer
Should be some decent fishing opportunities around...
right on brutha

#1037871 - 09/10/20 07:02 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Pray for rain!
Never pray for rain. Every year you guys complain about being blown out! I'm coming up to see some new scenery hopefully,connect with a few folks including my oldest friend in Portland,and to whore eggs!

Here is a fool proof plan for you, if your river of choice is blown out, go to the hatchery. Don’t tell anybody about that pro tip...

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1037875 - 09/10/20 07:43 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Jason Beezuz]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Lol don't tell anybody except all the lurkers and members on PP!

#1037878 - 09/10/20 08:35 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Moving into a new house in San Mateo that weekend that was too good to pass up. Hope you have fun avid!

#1037890 - 09/10/20 11:48 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: dwatkins]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: dwatkins
Moving into a new house in San Mateo that weekend that was too good to pass up. Hope you have fun avid!
You suck lol. San Mateo? Some striper and halibut spots there in the bay,at least leopard sharks.

#1037892 - 09/11/20 04:11 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

You suck lol. San Mateo? Some striper and halibut spots there in the bay,at least leopard sharks.

Yep, at least leopards. I’ll be walking distance to the bay.

#1037893 - 09/11/20 07:37 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: dwatkins]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

I was hoping to get away from all the fires and smoke here in California but it sounds like the whole west coast is burning. 2020 can eat a d!ck!

#1037895 - 09/11/20 07:41 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

I was hoping to get away from all the fires and smoke here in California but it sounds like the whole west coast is burning. 2020 can eat a d!ck!

It's mostly fine up here in western WA. OR is shite, but that's nothing new. The fall rains will be back soon and it'll be fine by the time you head this way.

#1038031 - 09/13/20 04:32 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Well,my plan to come up is solid,unless I have another TIA like I did this last weekend. It's weird having 12 people in a room asking you your name,date of birth,and what month it is. How many fingers etc. I mentioned my health was bad a while back,some genetic,some from not taking good care of myself,something I've had struggles with throughout my life. I hope to see some of you next month,middle of Oct. like crazy slap

#1038035 - 09/13/20 07:39 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

Well,my plan to come up is solid,unless I have another TIA like I did this last weekend. It's weird having 12 people in a room asking you your name,date of birth,and what month it is. How many fingers etc. I mentioned my health was bad a while back,some genetic,some from not taking good care of myself,something I've had struggles with throughout my life. I hope to see some of you next month,middle of Oct. like crazy slap

You should get that checked.

smile

Hope you're feeling better.

#1038036 - 09/13/20 10:33 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Dan S.]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

3 days of being poked with needles wasn't fun. Out of the hospital now with a better game plan. I need some sleep ,brutal.

#1039541 - 10/10/20 01:55 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

I look forward to the pics and subsequent report of the evo, reef, dan s, and arvid fishing trip.

#1039543 - 10/10/20 02:24 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

I’m sure he wouldn’t miss it for the world

#1039544 - 10/10/20 02:41 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Originally Posted By: Reefskunk
That’s assuming Acid shows up.

Does this mean evo is confirmed? Not on the spectrum but confirmed that he’s invited?

#1039558 - 10/11/20 09:48 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
JussieSmolt Offline
Spawner

Lol

#1039560 - 10/11/20 10:31 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

That’s assuming Acid shows up.

rofl

#1039561 - 10/11/20 11:13 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

evo before he hops on Jakes boat.

Attachments
TSAairportline.jpg

#1039562 - 10/11/20 12:08 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
I thought it was "The best laid plans of mice and men often get pregnant".

#1039564 - 10/11/20 01:07 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Does Evo even fish? Do any of you even fish aside from Jake?

#1039565 - 10/11/20 01:21 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Streamer]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Yes steam, even us califs fish. Actually the gay bay and ocean is a pretty good fishery. Shouldn’t you be sitting on a fence politically some where?

#1039566 - 10/11/20 01:30 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

nah i dont fish... i just walk around with a 60 pound backpack and 2 XMG 50 rods with Ci-4 and Saros reels on them and try to act cool...

or a G1000 pro and a NFC bobber rod...

ive never even caught a fish, i just post pictures of other peoples fish and say they were mine...

#1039569 - 10/11/20 01:41 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

you think im kidding?

#1039572 - 10/11/20 02:03 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
I could load my backpack with quart jars full of eggs and barely make 60 pounds. What’s in the backpack Evo?

Keith

#1039574 - 10/11/20 02:12 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: dwatkins]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Yes steam, even us califs fish. Actually the gay bay and ocean is a pretty good fishery. Shouldn’t you be sitting on a fence politically some where?

I get out frequently. I tend to average about 30-50 days a season on the water before work during the summer. I usually average about 75 days (or half days) a year on the water or in the woods.

#1039575 - 10/11/20 02:14 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

60 pounds of gear? What on earth do you carry with you, Evo?

Edited by Streamer (10/11/20 02:15 PM)

#1039577 - 10/11/20 02:59 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

Originally Posted By: Evo
you think im kidding?

No.

We think you're a tard for carrying 60 lbs of gear around.

#1039578 - 10/11/20 03:13 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Dan S.]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Ok 4 stars let's keep this going!!

#1039579 - 10/11/20 03:16 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Steamer. I fish my ass off. I probably travel more in a year than many do in a lifetime and that's just chasing steelhead. I also catch ditch pickles. I don't fish as often as I used to. In my 20s I used to fish 250 days out of the year. I was an animal then. Caught a lot of fish too. These days I'm just grateful to be able to get out anymore.

#1039582 - 10/11/20 03:58 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

i carry everything, for trout to salmon, could probably catch everything i want to actually...
whats in the bag? everything... 2 fillet knives, 2 pairs of pliers, 2 1300 yard rolls of line, scents, few coils of hollow core, balls, slinkies, inlines, scissors etc..

i weighed it, without my jig box, and bait, its at 40... so probably around 50 with water and bait and the other sh!t... i suppose i could lighten it up, but fvck it... right?

#1039583 - 10/11/20 04:02 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

basically its the equivalent if i put Dan in one of those baby backpacks and walked around the river with him...

#1039584 - 10/11/20 04:46 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
Zing the Zinger!!

#1039585 - 10/11/20 05:04 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Dan S. Offline

basically its the equivalent if i put Dan in one of those baby backpacks and walked around the river with him...

No.

Carrying me around wouldn't be retarded. It would be a little weird, but I could get used to it after a while I'm sure. I'd tell you how to not do stupid things, too, like packing around 40 pounds of gear you don't need.

#1039586 - 10/11/20 05:11 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

people alway say that "stuff you dont need" rhetoric...

until they need it...

guess what?

i probably have it...

with me...

#1039587 - 10/11/20 05:24 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

until they need it...

guess what?

i probably have it...

with me...

Need some yarn and fish pills/corkys stat.

#1039589 - 10/11/20 06:27 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

HAHAHAHA. Hike. 60 lbs. Evo. HAHAHAHA.

rofl

#1039590 - 10/11/20 06:46 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: NickD90]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Originally Posted By: NickD90

rofl

Getting into 3 star territory.

rofl

#1039591 - 10/11/20 06:49 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: NickD90]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

rofl

man you cant even find a girlfriend on the internet... what the fvck are you laughing about....

#1039592 - 10/11/20 06:55 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

rofl

man you cant even find a girlfriend on the internet... what the fvck are you laughing about....

Wasn’t a bad comeback.

#1039593 - 10/11/20 07:01 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
NickD90 Offline

rofl

I've never tried to Evo. thumbs

I suppose fatty dead hooker quarters could dress out around 50 - 60. Does the 60 include the lye and shovel? Pay by the pound?

#1039595 - 10/11/20 07:59 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Dan S. Offline

until they need it...

guess what?

i probably have it...

with me...

Yay. I have everything I need with me and my vest doesn't even weigh 10 pounds. It's probably because you're a dumbass and I'm not.

#1039599 - 10/11/20 09:23 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

I also keep the stuff I really need and use often in its new packaging. The receipts are in my fanny pack, it weighs 25 lbs.

rofl

#1039602 - 10/11/20 09:45 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

rofl It's got legs, keep it going!

#1039603 - 10/12/20 07:14 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

I snagged up the other day and lost 1300 yards of line. Good thing I brought two spools.

I do like to have the entire 5 lb. spool of both 3/16 and 1/4 inch lead with me in case I snag up 394 times.

#1039604 - 10/12/20 07:47 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Are we back bouncing today boys? No? Fly fishing! Really? Oh well, I brought 12 pounds of bouncers just in case.

#1039605 - 10/12/20 07:53 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Evo is the guy that makes you rearrange your drifter at the launch because he brought halibut gear and a trout net.

#1039606 - 10/12/20 07:55 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: NickD90]
Dan S. Offline

Evo is the guy that makes you rearrange your drifter at the launch because he brought halibut gear and a trout net.

rofl

#1039610 - 10/12/20 09:10 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I. Just. Can't.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. 3 stars

#1039611 - 10/12/20 09:11 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

Ridiculous claims aside...60 lbs is much easier to say than it is to carry, and I'd bet 60 lbs of silver that if evo's pack was weighed, well....you know.

p.s. If evo gets to weigh the pack....I get to weigh the silver.

Aaaand, if evo mistakenly referred to being 60 lbs overweight as carrying his "pack"....bet is off.

many stars.

#1039612 - 10/12/20 09:27 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

This reminds me of fishing with my stoner buddies...and when they set down their pack to get tooned up, stuffing a rock or two in it for them to carry around the rest of the day, or until they sober up enough to wonder how their bag got so fuckin heavy.

Still didn't weigh more than 20 pounds.

I bet Evo is looking for a scale to put his bag on now, and will soon discover that even if he adds in his lunch, waders, boots, fishing mumu, and a three humpy limit from the Puyallup, it still doesn't weigh 30 pounds.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039613 - 10/12/20 09:48 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

I’ve been going the opposite direction, trying to scale things down.
I think I hit 6, less the zero.....
SF

#1039614 - 10/12/20 09:58 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Bringing way too much stuff fishing is a classic noob move. If you know your fisheries you know what to bring. REEEEEEEEEvo has once again provided us too many details that lead to the opposite of what he intended.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1039615 - 10/12/20 10:15 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

I went to plano and tupperware, then separate into plastic storage bins for different fisheries.

#1039618 - 10/12/20 10:37 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
40-60#!! That's just fukkin stoopid!! You could be spike campin for 5 days in the N. Cascades for the early buck hunt man, with that much chit! You need a sherpa and a chiropractor.

When I was bank fishing hard; like everyday after work in the summer or cuttin class at UW when I lived on WET side back when there were steelheads, my vest was full of gear! No way was it was 15#, and it was a BIG vest. The old style mid-'80's Columbia fishing vest made to actually carry 2 BIG steelhead in the back pocket. Not some fly-fluffer vest to carry your bagels in, but a meat-killin' fish-packin BIG vest.

Now I didn't fish bobbers, so I didn't have a dedicated connex stuffed with jiges/bobbers but IMO a successful gear fisherman needed the following:
1-pliers, 1-scissors, 1-file, 2-pips full of leaders, 1 roll maxima 220yds, couple extra pks hooks, few small rolls yarn, 1 small container stuffed w/swivels, 4x8 corkie/spin-glo box (beads in box), 1lb 3/16" hollow core, 1lb 1/4" hollow core, tiny mag lite, small camera flash (glo-ballin), small spoon box, spare reel (I loaned it out more than I ever needed it), larger fingernail clippers (always used my tooths), soft tape, gaf (way back in the day), maybe a rain shell in the winter. If I couldn't catch a fish with that shait...well I did, lots.

#1039619 - 10/12/20 10:48 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: snit]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

60 lbs. lol.

When I used to backpack a lot, my pack would weigh under 35 lbs...and that was for a 12 night trip! And even that was heavy.

Something doesn't add up in Evoland.

#1039621 - 10/12/20 11:04 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I kinda want to bring out my hunting pack (since I'm not currently in Idaho hunting mule deer this year) and stuff it full of any and all of my fishing gear, including my packed fishing vest.

I'm talking Plano boxes, spools of pencil lead, bulk leader, and damn near all my organizer boxes full of gear.

Still not too sure I can get it to 60lbs.

May have to fill it with a dozen reels to get to 60lbs.

#1039623 - 10/12/20 11:15 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

This would be a good topic for Evo to just roll over on...but something tells me, like usual, he will choose this worthless hill to die on, again.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039624 - 10/12/20 11:16 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

pretty sure i said i weighed it and it was at 40 without my jig box and the other sh!t...

once again, no one reads, just rambles on...

i also dont understand why anyone would care what i carry, you guys have spent 2 days talking about something that you dont do... good for you..

i prefer not to run out of sh!t if the fishing is good, and if its bad, i can go somewhere else and fish there too... and will have the gear to do so...

i have multiple vests, including 2 Columbia tan vests, one was my dads...

i also have another one that has the rip cord and inflatable neck tube/preserver...

i dont bring beer, i dont drink, or do anything fishing that will hinder my reflexes... im there to fish, not fvck around...

#1039625 - 10/12/20 11:19 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Your jig box weighs 20 pounds?

I am about to downgrade this thread to 2 stars, unless you really get something good going on here.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. Nobody gives twoshits about what you do or do not carry, we are just amused at the ample amount of ideas, facts, and stories that climb out of your ass.

#1039626 - 10/12/20 11:24 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

if you didnt give a sh!t, you wouldnt talk about it... thats how that works..

no, my jig box doesnt weigh 20 pounds, i said with water, the box, and some other sh!t im probably at 50 ish...

learn to read, then open your fat fvckin mouth...

#1039627 - 10/12/20 11:31 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

lol

So the 60 lb thing was just a huge lie?

Shocking.

Carry as much as you want, retard. That's what makes it so much fun to laugh at you.

#1039628 - 10/12/20 11:36 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

a huge lie?

nah, it was a guestimate, because i dont weigh my sh!t that i carry around...

so now add a gun, 2-3 rods, bait, water, and whatever else i want to bring...

bet ya its closer to 60 pounds on my person than you are closer to 60 pounds in real life...

and i will, and dont give a sh!t what you have to say about it... mini D...

#1039629 - 10/12/20 11:40 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

It's not just the weight either. He used the word "hike". I could be wrong, but waddling from the Caddy to the "owners" hole doesn't constitute a "hike".

#1039630 - 10/12/20 11:52 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I would be willing to bet that you've never seen a 60 pound pack in your expert life, Evo, and a 60 pound pack would roll you right over on your ass if you tried to put one on.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039631 - 10/12/20 12:07 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Dan S. Offline

a huge lie?

nah, it was a guestimate, because i dont weigh my sh!t that i carry around...

so now add a gun, 2-3 rods, bait, water, and whatever else i want to bring...

bet ya its closer to 60 pounds on my person than you are closer to 60 pounds in real life...

and i will, and dont give a sh!t what you have to say about it... mini D...

Sure you do, fatty. You care - a lot. That's why you're always here talking out your ass about 60 lb packs of fishing gear and your brother's motorcycle you're too fat to ride.

Carry your pack, mule. It doesn't take any brains, so you're well qualified.

#1039632 - 10/12/20 12:09 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

I've carried many 60lb packs in my life.
AND
That's not counting my heavy ego.

#1039633 - 10/12/20 12:09 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

i dont bring beer, i dont drink, or do anything fishing that will hinder my reflexes... im there to fish, not fvck around...

Oh man, you're doing it all wrong.

Beer......good.

#1039634 - 10/12/20 12:14 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

We’re climbing! 3.5 stars.

#1039635 - 10/12/20 12:16 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

if you didnt give a sh!t, you wouldnt talk about it... thats how that works..

no, my jig box doesnt weigh 20 pounds, i said with water, the box, and some other sh!t im probably at 50 ish...

learn to read, then open your fat fvckin mouth...

Eh...50ish, no biggy.....what the hell, call it 75ish or ...better still go full booner and call it and even hundred.

I, for one, enjoy your ridiculous claims.

Don't stop.

#1039636 - 10/12/20 12:20 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I snagged up the other day and lost 1300 yards of line. Good thing I brought two spools.

For sure......LOL

- Albert Einstein.

#1039638 - 10/12/20 12:22 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

This would be a good topic for Evo to just roll over on...but something tells me, like usual, he will choose this worthless hill to die on, again.

Nailed it.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039640 - 10/12/20 12:26 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

whats funny is, you have never even met me, yet you have all the knowledge about my capability...

stick to posting fake news about Trump...

#1039641 - 10/12/20 12:29 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Good one.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039642 - 10/12/20 12:30 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Perker that was the initial guess...

so i weighed it... and no one paid attention, just stuck with the guess...

so when someone guesses their shot was 100 yards, and it was actually 120, do i get to make fun of them?

nah, i have better things to do...

#1039643 - 10/12/20 12:32 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

I really want to run in to Evo on the river with a 60lb. pack! I mostly enjoy talking to people from the board. I'm a friendly kinda guy and mostly play well with others. Unfortunately, I generally don't fish the same sh!t hole rivers and locations that Evo does so the chances of that encounter are slim.

Toff and I did pass by Evo on a lake once. I didn't know who it was until afterwards. I would have said hello. I can't speak for Toff or Joe.

Sadly, aside from fishing out in the Astoria and Harbor estuaries, I've yet to wet a line this fall in fresh water.

The freezer is full of quality Up River Brights, so the desire to harass fall garden fertilizer is less than appealing at the moment.

#1039644 - 10/12/20 12:33 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

You were bragging about something you don't actually do. You made a big claim, and the facts failed to back up your story.

Which isn't surprising to anyone who's been around for a while.

lol

#1039645 - 10/12/20 12:33 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: The Moderator]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: elparquito
I really want to run in to Evo on the river with a 60lb. pack! Unfortunately, I generally don't fish the same sh!t hole rivers and locations that Evo does.

Cue the blurry photos of fish laying in the dirt. Thanks.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039646 - 10/12/20 12:35 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Todd]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Cue the blurry photos of fish laying in the dirt.

That's silt, Todd. Silt.

Not dirt.

rofl

#1039647 - 10/12/20 12:38 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I am not allowed to re-rank this thread, but I really want my 3-star rating to bump up after the last page of excellence.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039648 - 10/12/20 12:39 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Solid 4, for sure.

#1039649 - 10/12/20 12:44 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

sand...

#1039650 - 10/12/20 12:45 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

speaking of that, i just started really bass fishing earlier this year... you should see what i carry in that bag, a long with my trout box...

#1039651 - 10/12/20 12:47 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Evo,

I'd like to formally invite you on our next elk pack out. I can assure you that you will be carrying at least 60 REAL pounds, if not more. I will provide the fruit snacks and orange slices. I believe in your capability and I'm positive you can do it! I also believe that you are up for redemption on this board, so I will personally document your every effort.

Keep 24 - 48 hours open from Nov. 25th - Dec 15th. The call can come at anytime, so please sit by the phone and wait for further instruction.

I'm looking forward to this Evo. Here's your chance to show the board, once and for all, that you gotz all the right stuffs!

#1039652 - 10/12/20 12:48 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

That right there is the infamous Breaded Ditch Pickle.

#1039653 - 10/12/20 12:52 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: NickD90]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Evo,

I'd like to formally invite you on our next elk pack out. I can assure you that you will be carrying at least 60 REAL pounds, if not more. I will provide the fruit snacks and orange slices. I believe in your capability and I'm positive you can do it! I also believe that you are up for redemption on this board, so I will personally document your every effort.

Keep 24 - 48 hours open from Nov. 25th - Dec 15th. The call can come at anytime, so please sit by the phone and wait for further instruction.

I'm looking forward to this Evo. Here's your chance to show the board, once and for all, that you gotz all the right stuffs!

well if its with you, i shouldnt have to worry too much... its not like you shoot sh!t anyways...

#1039654 - 10/12/20 12:54 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Dan S. Offline

speaking of that, i just started really bass fishing earlier this year... you should see what i carry in that bag, a long with my trout box...

Halibut jigs?
Stink bait?
Fried chicken?

#1039655 - 10/12/20 12:55 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

well if its with you, i shouldnt have to worry too much... its not like you shoot sh!t anyways...

Oh, he shoots things just fine.

He's just asleep when the critters walk past him.

#1039656 - 10/12/20 12:56 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

thats my point..

#1039658 - 10/12/20 01:02 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
NickD90 Offline

Evo,

It's kinda just the opposite Evo. I've taken near 100 big game animals and have only not filled 2 ungulate tags in my lifetime - with one being my very first archery Elk tag last year. That's why it's a funny joke on the board. The difference is, I'm not here bragging about what a great hunter I am and instead, go the opposite route and not take myself so seriously all the time. It's easier to laugh with others than swim upstream all the time. You should try it.

Neither here, nor there, I look forward to your redemption pack-out. It won't be the 6.5 miles each way with an enormous bull like earlier this season, but it'll just be 1 - 2 miles. No sweat.

#1039661 - 10/12/20 01:18 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

i take everything seriously... only a fool wouldnt...

if you dont take everything seriously, at some point, something serious will pop up and you wont take it seriously, and you are fvcked...

id rather be prepared than not..

anyways, im gonna head to the range to run some rounds through the 722 .222 Rem...

im also gonna bring my RPRR and about 3k rounds of ammo for it, even tho i will probably only shoot about 400...

why?

because i want to...

#1039662 - 10/12/20 01:21 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Therein lies your problem. If you could take a joke, or even tell a joke, you'd understand us knuckleheads here and not get your panties in a twist every day.

#1039664 - 10/12/20 01:22 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

I'm almost positive those tracks in the sand are made by Nike Air Mag Back to the Future – $14,500.

A true collector shoe.

Only rated for 260lb.

#1039665 - 10/12/20 01:23 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Well, at least you and Katie have more to topics to discuss In the shower.

#1039666 - 10/12/20 01:25 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
I'm almost positive those tracks in the sand are made by Nike Air Mag Back to the Future – $14,500.

A true collector shoe.

Only rated for 260lb.

Ah yes F(at) rated tread

#1039667 - 10/12/20 01:25 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Someone please rate this thread "4 stars"...my 3-star rating is not keeping up with Evo's brilliance.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039668 - 10/12/20 01:28 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

if you dont take everything seriously, at some point, something serious will pop up and you wont take it seriously, and you are fvcked...

Sounds like some Officer Lee Groinman sound/sage advice right there, girls!!

#1039669 - 10/12/20 01:30 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

I believe that burn was a supernova.

thumbs

#1039670 - 10/12/20 01:31 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Herein lies the disconnect...you take you seriously, and no one else here does...

So here we are rofl

Fish on...

Todd

#1039671 - 10/12/20 01:35 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

And thank you to whomever bumped the rating. Appreciated.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039674 - 10/12/20 02:01 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Guys, he told you where that extra weight comes from, it is guns. The answer to all the weird [Bleeeeep!] that doesn’t make sense in REEEVo’s world is guns. He puts one in that fish pack and then is like “why the hell not more guns?”

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1039678 - 10/12/20 02:09 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Jason Beezuz]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

#1039679 - 10/12/20 02:10 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

If you run out of bullets, you can always shoot jig heads.
SF

#1039680 - 10/12/20 02:12 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

LOL. 5 stars. Fvck it right?

#1039681 - 10/12/20 02:26 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

How many hatchets make 60 pounds?

7 Hundo?

Fish on...

Todd

#1039682 - 10/12/20 02:29 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Dan S. Offline

anyways, im gonna head to the range to run some rounds through the 722 .222 Rem...

im also gonna bring my RPRR and about 3k rounds of ammo for it, even tho i will probably only shoot about 400...

why?

because i want to...

lol

#1039684 - 10/12/20 02:34 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

Fuvkin right..!

#1039686 - 10/12/20 02:41 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

And...

Fvck every last bit of it. All of it.

Fvcking A.

Fvck.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039690 - 10/12/20 02:51 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Real anglers carry 60 lbs of dry flies.

#1039692 - 10/12/20 02:53 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Real anglers carry 60 lbs of dry flies.

lol smile

Fish on...

Todd

#1039697 - 10/12/20 03:09 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Todd]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

And thank you to whomever bumped the rating. Appreciated.

Fish on...

Todd

you are welcome...

#1039700 - 10/12/20 03:33 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

The ultimate reach around.

#1039702 - 10/12/20 03:37 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

nah i just like fvcking with people...

especially when its that easy...

#1039703 - 10/12/20 03:43 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

Not bad, just needs more fvckin' stars.

#1039704 - 10/12/20 03:44 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

This thread is gaining traction. It's not quite 5 star quality but that one page of hilarity from all you slap dicks has it an easy 4 1/4 rofl

#1039706 - 10/12/20 03:52 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

nah i just like fvcking men...

tmi.

#1039707 - 10/12/20 03:53 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

nah i just like fvcking with people...

especially when its that easy...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pigeon%20chess

Evo, here's your trophy...

I bet that trophy weighs 61 pounds, at least.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039708 - 10/12/20 03:57 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

atleast im not the dipsh!t that wasted 2 fvcking days talking about what someone else does...

solid work, grease up that propeller on your hat, its sqeaking...

#1039710 - 10/12/20 04:36 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Keep it going boys lol

#1039712 - 10/12/20 04:51 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
As an outside observer it appears that Evo has laid out some bait with a killer tight spin. Bait so good that y'all are taking turns grabbing it. Evo ever figures out how to sharpen his hooks y'all are screwed...

#1039714 - 10/12/20 05:19 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: OceanSun]
Dan S. Offline

Originally Posted By: OceanSun
As an outside observer it appears that Evo has laid out some bait with a killer tight spin. Bait so good that y'all are taking turns grabbing it. Evo ever figures out how to sharpen his hooks y'all are screwed...

This sounds like some spoonie type bullsh!t to me.

But if you want to swing from Evo's nuts, be my guest.

#1039715 - 10/12/20 05:34 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: OceanSun]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Don't fag out an otherwise promising thread. demoted,3 stars.

#1039716 - 10/12/20 05:45 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: OceanSun]
NickD90 Offline

I'm sure there's a file or 3 in his backpack, even one that his dad gave him. It has sentimental value. It came from the guy that invented hook files.

#1039717 - 10/12/20 06:03 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: NickD90]
Dan S. Offline

I'm sure there's a file or 3 in his backpack, even one that his dad gave him. It has sentimental value. It came from the guy that invented hook files.

rofl

#1039719 - 10/12/20 07:37 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

4 stars now and climbing!

#1039721 - 10/12/20 08:28 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: NickD90]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Probably 4.. Keep my dad out your bullsh1t...

#1039722 - 10/12/20 08:37 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

Probably 4.. Keep my dad out your bullsh1t...
or...?

#1039724 - 10/12/20 09:22 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

You 206ers be seeing 5 stars when Evo cracks your cranium.......... cage style.

#1039726 - 10/12/20 09:29 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

I remember Stam posting something about a guy getting caught along the river with a backpack full of hammers and lube.

#1039727 - 10/12/20 09:37 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Laid plans?
Mice and men?

Sounds like a Richard Gere action flick.

#1039728 - 10/12/20 09:43 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
NickD90 Offline

I remember Stam posting something about a guy getting caught along the river with a backpack full of hammers and lube.

Go on.....and whisper it to me real nice and slow.

#1039729 - 10/12/20 09:46 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

If I remember the story right the guy held the hammer real strange like.

#1039730 - 10/12/20 09:48 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Not a creature was stirring.....
Not even a mouse.

#1039731 - 10/12/20 09:54 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

The backpack was hung in the closest tree with care....

In hopes that Evo would soon be there.

#1039733 - 10/12/20 10:27 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered

PUI

#1039736 - 10/13/20 07:52 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: OceanSun]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

If putting the cut plug on tail first by accident, then saying "screw it...this could work" and letting it out anyway, then maybe....just maybe I could see it "appearing" that way.

As for sharpening hooks, no need, he has 25lbs of lazer sharps in his fag bag at all times.

And check the archives 2many...40 weight and a Rhino horn is what stam said... if I remember correctly.

...seen some things, but still never seen a BigSasquatchFoot.

#1039737 - 10/13/20 08:20 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: DCC]
Dan S. Offline

Originally Posted By: DCC

If putting the cut plug on tail first by accident, then saying "screw it...this could work" and letting it out anyway, then maybe....just maybe I could see it "appearing" that way.

As for sharpening hooks, no need, he has 25lbs of lazer sharps in his fag bag at all times.

And check the archives 2many...40 weight and a Rhino horn is what stam said... if I remember correctly.

...seen some things, but still never seen a BigSasquatchFoot.

fag bag. rofl

#1039739 - 10/13/20 09:05 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

i carry everything, for trout to salmon, could probably catch everything i want to actually...
whats in the bag? everything... 2 fillet knives, 2 pairs of pliers, 2 1300 yard rolls of line, scents, few coils of hollow core, balls, slinkies, inlines, scissors etc..

i weighed it, without my jig box, and bait, its at 40... so probably around 50 with water and bait and the other sh!t... i suppose i could lighten it up, but fvck it... right?

Hahahahahaha.. Those pics! At closer inspection, that's all snaggin gear!!

Busted....

Keith rofl

#1039740 - 10/13/20 12:28 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Well that certainly explains the 7 miles of extra line and 43.78 pounds of hollow core in the ol' fag bag.

There once was a guy from Puy-tucket,
Who got made fun of online and said "fvck it!".
He grabbed his fag bag, with intents to snag,
and went down to the river to pluck it.

Edited by NickD90 (10/13/20 12:59 PM)

#1039741 - 10/13/20 01:08 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: NickD90]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

Well that certainly explains the 7 miles of extra line and 43.78 pounds of hollow core in the ol' fag bag.

There once was a guy from Puy-tucket,
Who got made fun of online and said "fvck it!".
He grabbed his fag bag, with intents to snag,
and went down to the river to pluck it.

Boom...! NickDeniedy comes back with a SuperNova of his own.

Laffin...

...play with the bull, you get the horn.

#1039742 - 10/13/20 01:23 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: stlhdr1]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: stlhdr1

Hahahahahaha.. Those pics! At closer inspection, that's all snaggin gear!!

And now it's time for not just "laying in the dirt" fish pics, but "laying in the dirt with a corkie in a fish's mouth" pics...

Thanks, again.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039743 - 10/13/20 01:28 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

#1039744 - 10/13/20 01:29 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

We should all not lose sight of the fact that this whole sh!tstorm started when Evo clumsily bragged about walking around with a 60 lb backpack of gear and two rods and reels he just had to name drop the model numbers on.

I bet this isn't the way he imagined the thread would progress afterwards. He should have, though.

lol

#1039745 - 10/13/20 01:37 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

model numbers?

no, just the model...

the numbers are XMG50 10'6" 6-12 (my main spoon and drifting rods) reel 1 is a Ci-4 2500, other is a Saros 3000...

also G1000 Pro GP96JS 9'6 6-15 with Saros 3000

also NFC 11'3 8-17 with NASCI 3000

also Fetha Styx THS 9'6 4-10 with Stradic FK

another Feta Stix 9' 8-17 with a Mitchel 300 pro (Katie uses that)

another Lami Redline 9'11 8-12 with a Symetre 3000 (Katie uses that)

ive got a bunch more, but those are the ones that get used the most...

and the thread has progressed exactly the way i wanted it to... in my total control...

#1039746 - 10/13/20 01:41 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

lol.

I only have one fishing pole.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039747 - 10/13/20 01:51 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

laffin''...multi pole-packer..do you pack multi guns too?

#1039748 - 10/13/20 01:57 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

where did i say i bring all those fishing?

i mainly bring my 2 XMG 50s, one to drift eggs, and one to run spoons... i can take either of those and use them as a semi light bobber rod as well... if im going to be dedicated bobber fishing, i will bring 1 XMG and the NFC 11"3..

smaller rivers maybe 1 XMG and the G1000 Pro..

the main rod i use is the XMG with the Stradic Ci-4, but, ive gotten wind knots 40 yards out before and if you dont have a back up plan, you are going home...

guess what?

i never have to go home....

now what do you mean "packing multiple guns"?

like daily?

nah, just my little .38 Revolver, or my XD .40, and a little Kershaw knife... if i go to the woods or the range, thats entirely different...

#1039749 - 10/13/20 02:15 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

We are so close... with the right catalyst we will be at 5 stars very quickly.

#1039750 - 10/13/20 02:19 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Dan S. Offline

model numbers?

no, just the model...

the numbers are XMG50 10'6" 6-12 (my main spoon and drifting rods) reel 1 is a Ci-4 2500, other is a Saros 3000...

also G1000 Pro GP96JS 9'6 6-15 with Saros 3000

also NFC 11'3 8-17 with NASCI 3000

also Fetha Styx THS 9'6 4-10 with Stradic FK

another Feta Stix 9' 8-17 with a Mitchel 300 pro (Katie uses that)

another Lami Redline 9'11 8-12 with a Symetre 3000 (Katie uses that)

ive got a bunch more, but those are the ones that get used the most...

and the thread has progressed exactly the way i wanted it to... in my total control...

rofl

#1039752 - 10/13/20 02:25 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Well considering they only come in that size and they are smaller than a pop can, I'm good...

#1039754 - 10/13/20 02:32 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Do you store your pole in a sock?

#1039755 - 10/13/20 02:36 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

My bad, I assumed you had a backup pistol in your knap-sack for redunancy or "backup"? Like you pack a backup rod..so you don't have to go home if confitions change.

What contributing factors go into deciding which pistol to pack on a fishing excursion? I've never packed a pistol nor more than 1 fishing rod while fishing in WA.

#1039756 - 10/13/20 02:38 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

lol.

No one believes that for a second. You' tried that bullshitt story before when you kept digging and we didn't believe you then either. What a maroon. lol.

#1039757 - 10/13/20 02:40 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: snit]
Dan S. Offline

Originally Posted By: snit
My bad, I assumed you had a backup pistol in your knap-sack for redunancy or "backup"? Like you pack a backup rod..so you don't have to go home if confitions change.

What contributing factors go into deciding which pistol to pack on a fishing excursion? I've never packed a pistol nor more than 1 fishing rod while fishing in WA.

Whichever one sounds coolest when you're fabricating your story.

#1039758 - 10/13/20 02:42 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: DBS]
Dan S. Offline

Originally Posted By: DBS

lol.

No one believes that for a second. You' tried that bullshitt story before when you kept digging and we didn't believe you then either. What a maroon. lol.

No way - I'm in total control, dude!

lol

rofl

#1039759 - 10/13/20 02:45 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Is this another “experiment” REEEEEEEVo?!?!

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1039760 - 10/13/20 02:46 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

you keep responding...

to me...

or about me...

dumfvck

Jake, 4 or 5 miles i would say... the "owners" hole is about a little over a half mile each way, and i go down there a lot...

snit, if its summer, or fall, i carry the snub .38 5 shot... if its winter, and im dressing heavy, or in areas with bear or whatnot, ill carry the XD .40..

i dont bring extra ammo, or mags, just whats in them...

no need for it honestly, i know what i am capable of with a firearm.. and if i run out of ammo in a situation, and i needed more, and i die, we can all revisit this thread then... and ill say, i should have carried more...

#1039761 - 10/13/20 02:49 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Well considering they only come in that size and they are smaller than a pop can, I'm good...

What brand Ande or Danielson?

Keith

#1039765 - 10/13/20 02:53 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Berkely BIG GAME!!! [Bleeeeep!] Danielson and Andy..

Izor aint bad either..

that was long johns, shorts, and a t shirt...

but yeah, anyways...

#1039766 - 10/13/20 02:54 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

#1039767 - 10/13/20 02:55 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Heads up...coming thru with my gear for a 40 minute humpy trip..

I got this...I'll just park here...

Nailed it.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039768 - 10/13/20 02:56 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

I guess spark plugs and railroad spikes could get it up to 60lbs..... I now have to ask, Is it farther in than out? Is it uphill both ways? And lastly, do you ever do a bit of snipe hunting? I know a place. thumbs

I've bragged about carrying some pretty goddamn heavy loads out from the river...never occurred to me to brag about packing that much in to the river.

#1039769 - 10/13/20 02:57 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

the only thing you nailed is your neighbors dog..

its been a few years since ive even thought about killing a pink...

like 6 or 8 i think..

fresh they do make decent smoked salmon tho.. if you know what you are doing...

#1039770 - 10/13/20 03:00 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

you do understand that Snipe are a real species of bird, and the word Sniper was formed by people hunting them correct?

i remember at CRB when i was a little kid the adults would have us running around in the night looking for those fvcking things...

they all laughed...

#1039772 - 10/13/20 03:03 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Dan S. Offline

you keep responding...

to me...

or about me...

dumfvck

Jake, 4 or 5 miles i would say... the "owners" hole is about a little over a half mile each way, and i go down there a lot...

So....... one mile?

#1039774 - 10/13/20 03:05 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

no need for it honestly, i know what i am capable of with a firearm.. and if i run out of ammo in a situation, and i needed more, and i die, we can all revisit this thread then... and ill say, i should have carried more...

I'd carry more ammo. I mean [Bleeeeep!], make it a solid 70 pound pack. You won't feel the difference anyhow...

Keith

#1039775 - 10/13/20 03:07 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

nothing...

some days i dont even carry it, just leave it in the JEEP...

those are the days i cover 1000ish yards of water 8 or so times....

#1039776 - 10/13/20 03:09 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Keith thats just every day in general... a lot of guys, and i bet a ton here, carry Glocks or the likes with extra mags, or revolvers with speed loaders...

i dont...

5 rounds in the .38 or 12 in the XD... plenty..

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 433 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |