Check

 

Defiance Boats!

LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

  Willie boats! Puffballs!

 

Three Rivers Marine

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1038453 - 09/22/20 01:07 AM Top 5 movies
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Registered: 08/15/14
Posts: 3461
Scrolling Netflix one flew over the cuckoos nest was on so I gave it a go and It was very worth it, been a while where I was totally engrossed in a movie.


Besides godfather 1 and 2, pulp fiction, and 12 angry men, any other must see movies?

Still love that we (USA) Dominate film. All you bourgeoisie can f.

Top 5 movies for me

Goodfellas/casino tomato / tomatoe

Ken burns baseball documentary. Not a film
But 10/10

Stand by me

Unforgiven

Alien
_________________________
Mods = hall monitors

Top
#1038455 - 09/22/20 08:14 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Registered: 10/26/10
Posts: 7204
Loc: Snohomish, WA
Too many good ones to choose from. Off the top of my head...

Unforgiven
Conan the Barbarian (original)
Predator
Aliens (note plurality)
Dazed and Confused

Some of my other pics....
Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction
Alien
Goodfellas
Casino
Midsommar
Friday the 13th part 2 - 4
Dirty Harry
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Mandy
and lots more....

For those that haven't seen them yet, both Midsommar & Mandy are real trips. I just saw Midsommar for the first time last week. Had zero expectations going in, but it's messed up in a really great way.
_________________________
“If the military were fighting for our freedom, they would be storming Capitol Hill”. – FleaFlickr02

Top
#1038459 - 09/22/20 09:27 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Registered: 03/08/99
Posts: 27840
Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Saw Midsommar when it first came out...loved it.

Haven't seen Mandy yet.

Alien, not Aliens, MF'r.

Fish on...

Todd
_________________________


Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle


Top
#1038460 - 09/22/20 09:50 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Registered: 10/26/10
Posts: 7204
Loc: Snohomish, WA
Alien is right there, but how can you go against Private Hudson?

Bill Paxton was the best casting role in the entire Alien franchise. "We're screwed man!" "Why don't you put her in charge?"

You gotta see Mandy Todd. It's one f'd up acid trip of a movie.
_________________________
“If the military were fighting for our freedom, they would be storming Capitol Hill”. – FleaFlickr02

Top
#1038462 - 09/22/20 10:28 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Registered: 10/28/09
Posts: 3361
Too many to name just 5. How about 5 directors?

I like just about everything put out by the Coen Brothers, Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino, Clint Eastwood, Tim Burton....

Top
#1038463 - 09/22/20 11:01 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: FleaFlickr02]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Registered: 03/08/99
Posts: 27840
Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
Too many to name just 5. How about 5 directors?

I like just about everything put out by the Coen Brothers, Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino, Clint Eastwood, Tim Burton....


I agree with this entire list.

If I start trying to do 5, I'll start out with 20 and try to whittle it down, and won't be able to...I'll be angry about every one that comes off the list.

The Deer Hunter
Goodfellas
Fargo
Pulp Fiction
2001 A Space Odyssey

I went with one war movie, one gangster movie, one scifi, and two weird ones...PF is a weird one, not a ganster movie wink

Back up #2s...

Full Metal Jacket
The Godfather
Anything else by the Coen Brothers
The Shining
Alien

...though The Shining and Alien are both horror movies, to my mind...Alien is not a scifi, and doesn't become action flicks til part 2.

Rocky Horror, Napoleon Dynamite, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, the entire Lord of the Rings series.

Stripes, Blazing Saddles, The Predator, First Blood, Bull Durham, the rest of Star Wars (only the old ones).

Blade Runner, Saving Private Ryan, Braveheart, Highlander.

Hellraiser, The Fifth Element, all of the Spaghetti Westerns.

Fish on...

Todd
_________________________


Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle


Top
#1038464 - 09/22/20 11:38 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
JussieSmolt Offline
Spawner

Registered: 04/13/20
Posts: 714
Heriditary in my opinion is way better than Midsommar. Both by Ari Aster. Todd has a pretty cool list. My gamer tag is Jack Burton, from Big Trouble in Little China. Gremlins, Ghostbusters, stuff by the Coen Brothers. I think There Will be Blood is one of the best in our generation. A24 does cool shitt.

Top
#1038465 - 09/22/20 11:43 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
JussieSmolt Offline
Spawner

Registered: 04/13/20
Posts: 714
Napoleon Dynamite is perfect. This is the End is awesome. Jason Bateman has also been killing it.

Top
#1038466 - 09/22/20 12:16 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Registered: 08/12/19
Posts: 1425
Loc: worshington
Some of my faves were already listed.

Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

When I was a kid I thought 2001 A Space Odyssey was it.


I liked Napoleon Dynamite too.

"Shocks...pegs....lucky!"
"you ever take it off any sweet jumps?"
"I think I'll build her a cake."

Top
#1038467 - 09/22/20 12:43 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Registered: 10/26/10
Posts: 7204
Loc: Snohomish, WA
Todd's list further nails it. Crap...I totally forgot Full Metal Jacket. First 1/2 of movie is as solid as any ever made. Saving Private Ryan too! I must've not had enough coffee this morning!

Add also add Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Pale Rider and Outlaw Josey into the mix.

Heredity is pretty good, but decently slow (except for those crazy 10 minutes). I found Midsommar to be a complete movie - which includes cinematography, musical score and story line. All of the "scary" parts are in bright broad daylight, which I can't remember ever being done before. The music that plays at the end is a fantastic juxtaposition from what is being shown on screen. Also, hot swedish womens.


Edited by NickD90 (09/22/20 12:45 PM)
_________________________
“If the military were fighting for our freedom, they would be storming Capitol Hill”. – FleaFlickr02

Top
#1038469 - 09/22/20 01:20 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Registered: 03/08/99
Posts: 27840
Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Less because they are good, but mostly because they make me laugh, a lot...

Anchorman
Ghostbusters
The Ladies Man (My cat is named Leon Phelps, even though she's a little girl cat)
The Blues Brothers
Trading Places
Raising Arizona
A Fish Called Wanda
Major League
Semi-Pro


And a few more that are just plain good...

What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
The Ten Commandments
Across the Universe
Hoosiers
Straight Outta Compton
Boyz in da Hood
Colors
Training Day
Rush
Chinatown
Jaws (should have been in my first post, one of my favorites)
A Perfect Storm
Boogie Nights

So there ya go...my 70 Top 5 movies wink

I'll probably think of 25 more as soon as I post this.

Fish on...

Todd


_________________________


Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle


Top
#1038470 - 09/22/20 01:22 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Registered: 08/04/99
Posts: 1434
Loc: Olympia, WA
Oldies, moldies, and a couple sleepers that won't put you to sleep:

Raising Arizona
Road Warrior
True Grit (Jeff Bridges)
Red Rock West
The Rider (directed by Chloe Zhao)

Honorable mention: The Peanut Butter Falcon


Top
#1038471 - 09/22/20 01:23 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Registered: 03/08/99
Posts: 27840
Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
One final one that I kept separate from the rest...mainly because it should be kept separate from everything, and probably everyone...but I saw a list last year that had the "most difficult to watch movies ever" listed...

And there was a film on it called "The Serbian Film".

If you've seen it...well, they weren't kidding. Pretty challenging movie, to say the least.

If you haven't seen it, and this gets you to check it out...well, I'll apologize now.

You've been warned. You'll probably be damaged just by reading the Wiki page, even if you never watch the movie.

Fish on...

Todd
_________________________


Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle


Top
#1038474 - 09/22/20 01:53 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Registered: 03/08/99
Posts: 27840
Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Hmmm...the never ending list.

No Country for Old Men
Gran Torino
Joker
The Princess Bride
The Fugitive
A River Runs Through It
Forrest Gump
The Terminator

Point Break...which I didn't like much when it first came out, and I have seen about ten times since, and like it a little more every time...I think I have just learned to like Keanu Reeves a little more each time. Still don't get much out of any of the Matrix movies...maybe I need to watch them all again and see how I feel.

Fish on...

Todd
_________________________


Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle


Top
#1038475 - 09/22/20 01:56 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Registered: 03/07/99
Posts: 16958
Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Patton
Excalibur
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Schindler's List
The Lord of the Rings trilogy

And 362 other films
_________________________
She was standin' alone over by the juke box, like she'd something to sell.
I said "baby, what's the goin' price?" She told me to go to hell.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

Top
#1038477 - 09/22/20 02:01 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Todd]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered


Drama:
The Outlaw Josie Wales/Unforgiven they are equals
Both Godfathers
Goodfellas
Jeremiah Johnson
Tombstone

Honorable Mentions:

The Natural
American Psycho
Batman the Dark Knight
The Big Lebowski
Goldfinger

Comedy:
Old School
Back to School
Cheech and Chong's Next Movie
Young Frankenstein
The Jerk

Action:
Predator(best action flick ever created,bar none)
Rambo first blood
Conan The Barbarian (Arnold not that new [Bleeeeep!])
Bourne Identity
Commando LOL

But the best of all time is anything with BRUCE FKN LEE!!

Top
#1038479 - 09/22/20 04:36 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Registered: 12/11/02
Posts: 5229
Loc: Carkeek Park
Some older stuff I liked.
Death Wish
The Professional
The Mechanic
Emperor of the North
The Flim-Flam Man
Man in the Wilderness
The original Walking Tall
Gangs of New York
It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad world
Big trouble in Little China
The Toxic Avenger
Monty Pythons and the Holly Grail
The original Mad Max
Beetlejuice
_________________________
Go Dawgs!
Founding Member - 2025 Pink Plague Opposition Party
#coholivesmatter

Top
#1038480 - 09/22/20 05:37 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Registered: 10/26/10
Posts: 7204
Loc: Snohomish, WA
Heat
True Romance
The Thing (original)
Halloween (original)
Hoosiers
Field of Dreams
Major League
Slap Shot
Super Troopers
Step Brothers

Anything with Leslie Nielsen
Anything with Monty Python


Edited by NickD90 (09/22/20 05:43 PM)
_________________________
“If the military were fighting for our freedom, they would be storming Capitol Hill”. – FleaFlickr02

Top
#1038481 - 09/22/20 05:52 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Registered: 10/26/10
Posts: 7204
Loc: Snohomish, WA
Diehard (I mean c'mon!)

The Shining (+ Dr. Sleep)
Patriot Games
Clear & Present Danger
The Gods Must Be Crazy
Fast Times
Red Dawn (original)
Red October
Too many 007's to count
Magnum Force
Dead Pool
Bridges of Madison County
Two Mules for Sister Sara
Gran Torino
GBU
Fist Full of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
Heartbreak Ridge
Play Misty for Me
The Eiger Sanction
Every Which Way But Loose
Any Which Way You Can
Escape From Alcatraz

I love me some Clint movies...
_________________________
“If the military were fighting for our freedom, they would be storming Capitol Hill”. – FleaFlickr02

Top
#1038482 - 09/22/20 05:57 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Registered: 03/07/99
Posts: 16958
Loc: SE Olympia, WA
So, it's just top movies, then?

lol

I cheated with a trilogy or I'd really dress you guys down for not being able to count to 5.

I've seen a couple here I'd forgotten about, but will now go watch immediately - like the Eiger Sanction, one of Clint's best movies. And The Gods Must Be Crazy - I totally forgot about that one.
_________________________
She was standin' alone over by the juke box, like she'd something to sell.
I said "baby, what's the goin' price?" She told me to go to hell.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

Top
#1038484 - 09/22/20 06:23 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Dan S.]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Registered: 01/26/00
Posts: 6312
Loc: Vancouver, WA
Tombstone! Nothing like that movie...

Keith
_________________________
It's time to put the red rubber nose away, clown seasons over.


Top
#1038485 - 09/22/20 06:49 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: NickD90]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Registered: 08/04/99
Posts: 1434
Loc: Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: NickD90
...I love me some Clint movies.

Eastwood directed "Richard Jewell". Watched this weekend. Good movie; recommend.

Top
#1038487 - 09/22/20 07:12 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Registered: 03/08/99
Posts: 27840
Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Fuckyeah to Tombstone.

Gods Must Be Crazy...just watched it for the dunno how many times just a few months ago.

Considering how much I love all of Clint's older westerns...I didn't really get blown away by Unforgiven, not like seemingly everyone else in the world did. After the first ten minutes when he kills half the town and rapes a woman, it was kinda slow...at least that's my remembering of it.

Fish on...

Todd
_________________________


Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle


Top
#1038489 - 09/22/20 07:49 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Dan S.]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered


The sensuous nurse starring Ursula Andress and Jack Palance was the first movie I ever saw that had bush,and snatch in it. I was 12,at my friend Chris Bierman's house. We would get stoned and watch Ozzy Osbourne live with Jake E Lee. Badass

Top
#1038490 - 09/22/20 07:49 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Registered: 08/15/14
Posts: 3461
Awesome lists guys, I will definitely watch some new to me movies.
_________________________
Mods = hall monitors

Top
#1038491 - 09/22/20 08:12 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Todd]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Registered: 10/26/10
Posts: 7204
Loc: Snohomish, WA
Originally Posted By: Todd

Considering how much I love all of Clint's older westerns...I didn't really get blown away by Unforgiven, not like seemingly everyone else in the world did. After the first ten minutes when he kills half the town and rapes a woman, it was kinda slow...at least that's my remembering of it.

Fish on...

Todd


That's not how the Unforgiven goes. Clint doesn't loose his chit until the very end. Until that moment, he was a reformed killer & simple pig farmer - cured of his wickedness by his dearly departed wife.

More to add...

Spartacus
Memento
Drive
Gladiator
Nightmare on Elm Street 1 - 2 (originals)
Creepshow
Tales from the Darkside
Twilight Zone (the movie)

Also...a top 5 list amendment. I totally forgot Jaws. I'm bumping Dazed & Confused for Jaws.

Party at the moon tower!

PS Dan - kiss my grits.
_________________________
“If the military were fighting for our freedom, they would be storming Capitol Hill”. – FleaFlickr02

Top
#1038492 - 09/22/20 08:44 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Registered: 03/07/99
Posts: 16958
Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot
Inglorious Basterds
Fury
Dog Day Afternoon
Raging Bull
Midnight Run
Rooster Cogburn
Robocop
Das Boot
The Dove
Ring of Bright Water
LeMans
The China Syndrome
All The President's Men
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Sting
_________________________
She was standin' alone over by the juke box, like she'd something to sell.
I said "baby, what's the goin' price?" She told me to go to hell.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

Top
#1038493 - 09/23/20 06:08 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Registered: 03/08/99
Posts: 1820
Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Fantastic lists guys and I recognize a lot of them, but as I was thinking of some of my favorite titles the same issue arises with music as with movies for me.

Movies and music decompress me, but I don't retain any of the info. After I watch a movie, I can be asked "what did you watch", and my answer 95% of the time is "Fuk'ed if I know". I just can't remember the story, titles, actor's names, etc. They're just mindless entertainment for X amount of time while I'm plugged into it. When the lights turn back on...I'm ready to go on to the next thing at hand. I do thourghly enjoy good acting, story, etc. I guess it's just temp entertainment to me?

A couple that came to mind that I didn't see mentioned, in no particular order..

Top Gun (Hey we were 15yo)
Animal House
Caddy Shack
We Were Soldiers (I thought Gibson was great)
Goodfella's
_________________________
..."the clock looked at me just like the devil in disguise"...

Top
#1038504 - 09/23/20 10:07 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Registered: 03/08/99
Posts: 13868
Shane, if you're old enough to remember.

Top
#1038513 - 09/23/20 11:40 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Salmo g.]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered


Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Shane, if you're old enough to remember.
rofl

How about:
Saving Private Ryan
Moonstuck
So I Married An Axe Murderer
Open Range
The Revenant

Top
#1038545 - 09/23/20 08:07 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
Excitable Bob Online   happy
Returning Adult

Registered: 03/13/07
Posts: 402
Loc: fuctifino
I have seen most of the movies already mentioned. My two top movies are.
Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan (2007) The bad part it is is subtitled and
Wolf Creek, from Australia. Horror film.


Edited by Excitable Bob (09/23/20 08:45 PM)
_________________________
She sits on the dock a fishin' in the water uh, huh
I don't know her name she's the fisherman's daughter uh, huh
Come on down to my boat baby
Come on down where we can play
Come on down to my boat baby
Come on down we'll sail away.

Top
#1038548 - 09/23/20 09:17 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Excitable Bob]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered


Originally Posted By: Excitable Bob
I have seen most of the movies already mentioned. My two top movies are.
Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan (2007) The bad part it is is subtitled and
Wolf Creek, from Australia. Horror film.
I only see one movie.

Top
#1038573 - 09/24/20 09:41 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Registered: 03/08/99
Posts: 13868
Originally Posted By: ArvidBarker
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Shane, if you're old enough to remember.
rofl

How about:
Saving Private Ryan
Moonstuck
So I Married An Axe Murderer
Open Range
The Revenant


Those are all good. Revenant was a good watch, but I don't think it merits anything close to a Top 5 rating, or even Top 50 rating.

Top
#1038582 - 09/24/20 11:26 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

Registered: 11/25/08
Posts: 1303
Outlaw Josie Wales
Pulp Fiction
Bull Durham
True Romance
Caddy Shack
_________________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWCKjrvpXuY

Top
#1038583 - 09/24/20 11:30 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: DCC]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Registered: 01/26/00
Posts: 6312
Loc: Vancouver, WA
Caddy Shack... Now that's a great one!

Keith
_________________________
It's time to put the red rubber nose away, clown seasons over.


Top
#1038584 - 09/24/20 11:42 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: stlhdr1]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Registered: 03/15/99
Posts: 4167
Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
More recent movies:

Parasite
1917
A Star is Born 2018
Rocketman
Bohemian Rhapsody
_________________________
I'd Rather Be Fishing for Summer Steelhead!

Top
#1038604 - 09/24/20 02:12 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
JussieSmolt Offline
Spawner

Registered: 04/13/20
Posts: 714
Parasite was one of the better movies I've seen in a while. I get on 80s kicks and usually just do a search of best 80s movies to jog my memory. I loved The Burbs, People Under the Stairs (90's I think), Little Monsters and Explorers when I was a kid. Still do.

5 that I like
True Grit (Jeff Bridges)
Ghostbusters
Gremlins
Big Trouble in Little China
Adaptation


Edited by JussieSmolt82 (09/24/20 02:31 PM)

Top
#1038605 - 09/24/20 02:13 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
JussieSmolt Offline
Spawner

Registered: 04/13/20
Posts: 714
Critters, Flight of the Navigator, Tremors, The Wizard, Fright Night, Poltergeist, Howard the Duck....

House of the Devil is a new horror that is filmed like something from the 70s or 80s that is pretty cool and stylish.


Edited by JussieSmolt82 (09/24/20 02:18 PM)

Top
#1038606 - 09/24/20 02:17 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Salmo g.]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered


Originally Posted By: Salmo g.


Those are all good. Revenant was a good watch, but I don't think it merits anything close to a Top 5 rating, or even Top 50 rating.


Yeah I already posted my top 5 first,now I've been throwing out just 5 movies I think are good.

Top
#1038626 - 09/24/20 06:57 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
JussieSmolt Offline
Spawner

Registered: 04/13/20
Posts: 714
If you know or watch Cinemassacre/angry video game nerd is he does some cool movie reviews etc. on YouTube. Nostalgic stuff.

Top
#1038634 - 09/24/20 07:53 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: JussieSmolt]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Registered: 03/15/99
Posts: 4167
Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
I wanted to list top 5 pornos but didn't want to ruin the thread.

I restrained myself so I wouldn't get banned!


Edited by Steelheadman (09/24/20 07:56 PM)
_________________________
I'd Rather Be Fishing for Summer Steelhead!

Top
#1038643 - 09/24/20 11:19 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Registered: 08/15/14
Posts: 3461
Training Day.
_________________________
Mods = hall monitors

Top
#1039256 - 10/06/20 02:34 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
JussieSmolt Offline
Spawner

Registered: 04/13/20
Posts: 714
The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Bob Ford.

Top
#1039261 - 10/06/20 03:21 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Registered: 03/08/99
Posts: 27840
Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I can't recall seeing Rocky in there...too lazy to go back and read three pages of movies...but if we left it off, that's a significant oversight.

Rocky and Rocky II were both pretty good...Rocky III was, well, rocky...but Mr. T was fun. Rocky IV was straight up dumb, and however many there have been after that, they have all sucked. At least Creed was decent.

Fish on...

Todd
_________________________


Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle


Top
#1039265 - 10/06/20 04:02 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Todd]
ArvidBarker
Unregistered


Originally Posted By: Todd
I can't recall seeing Rocky in there...too lazy to go back and read three pages of movies...but if we left it off, that's a significant oversight.

Rocky and Rocky II were both pretty good...Rocky III was, well, rocky...but Mr. T was fun. Rocky IV was straight up dumb, and however many there have been after that, they have all sucked. At least Creed was decent.

Fish on...

Todd
Burgess Meredith as Mickey is one of the all time greatest roles ever. That speech he gives Rocky as he gives him the cuff link he got from Marciano was legendary,and when he tries to get Rock to have him as a manager is a great scene. Stallone is underrated I dgaf what anyone says.

Top
#1039277 - 10/06/20 08:30 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: dwatkins]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Registered: 11/08/06
Posts: 2653
Loc: T-Town
The Matrix is worthy of some praise. I’m surprised nobody had it listed.

I’m a fan of musicals. Fiddler On the Roof is another great movie. Sound of Music, etc.

The Sandlot was a great movie for kids. Closely resembled life for me as a kid growing up.
_________________________
“Obviously you don't care about democracy if you vote for Trump” - Salmo g.

Space Available! Say something idiotic today!


Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
baitor jeff squirts, caughtsteelin, jeffthebaitor
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1702 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Cork, oldmandrifter, lordoflys, MegaBite, haydenslides
11508 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27840
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13956
Salmo g. 13868
eyeFISH 12621
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11508 Members
17 Forums
73148 Topics
828103 Posts

Max Online: 14307 @ 05/22/26 06:24 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |