THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1039610 - 10/12/20 09:10 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. **** [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I. Just. Can't.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. 3 stars

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1039611 - 10/12/20 09:11 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

Ridiculous claims aside...60 lbs is much easier to say than it is to carry, and I'd bet 60 lbs of silver that if evo's pack was weighed, well....you know.

p.s. If evo gets to weigh the pack....I get to weigh the silver.

Aaaand, if evo mistakenly referred to being 60 lbs overweight as carrying his "pack"....bet is off.

many stars.

#1039612 - 10/12/20 09:27 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

This reminds me of fishing with my stoner buddies...and when they set down their pack to get tooned up, stuffing a rock or two in it for them to carry around the rest of the day, or until they sober up enough to wonder how their bag got so fuckin heavy.

Still didn't weigh more than 20 pounds.

I bet Evo is looking for a scale to put his bag on now, and will soon discover that even if he adds in his lunch, waders, boots, fishing mumu, and a three humpy limit from the Puyallup, it still doesn't weigh 30 pounds.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039613 - 10/12/20 09:48 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
I’ve been going the opposite direction, trying to scale things down.
I think I hit 6, less the zero.....
SF

#1039614 - 10/12/20 09:58 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Bringing way too much stuff fishing is a classic noob move. If you know your fisheries you know what to bring. REEEEEEEEEvo has once again provided us too many details that lead to the opposite of what he intended.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1039615 - 10/12/20 10:15 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

I went to plano and tupperware, then separate into plastic storage bins for different fisheries.

#1039618 - 10/12/20 10:37 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
40-60#!! That's just fukkin stoopid!! You could be spike campin for 5 days in the N. Cascades for the early buck hunt man, with that much chit! You need a sherpa and a chiropractor.

When I was bank fishing hard; like everyday after work in the summer or cuttin class at UW when I lived on WET side back when there were steelheads, my vest was full of gear! No way was it was 15#, and it was a BIG vest. The old style mid-'80's Columbia fishing vest made to actually carry 2 BIG steelhead in the back pocket. Not some fly-fluffer vest to carry your bagels in, but a meat-killin' fish-packin BIG vest.

Now I didn't fish bobbers, so I didn't have a dedicated connex stuffed with jiges/bobbers but IMO a successful gear fisherman needed the following:
1-pliers, 1-scissors, 1-file, 2-pips full of leaders, 1 roll maxima 220yds, couple extra pks hooks, few small rolls yarn, 1 small container stuffed w/swivels, 4x8 corkie/spin-glo box (beads in box), 1lb 3/16" hollow core, 1lb 1/4" hollow core, tiny mag lite, small camera flash (glo-ballin), small spoon box, spare reel (I loaned it out more than I ever needed it), larger fingernail clippers (always used my tooths), soft tape, gaf (way back in the day), maybe a rain shell in the winter. If I couldn't catch a fish with that shait...well I did, lots.

#1039619 - 10/12/20 10:48 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: snit]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: worshington
60 lbs. lol.

When I used to backpack a lot, my pack would weigh under 35 lbs...and that was for a 12 night trip! And even that was heavy.

Something doesn't add up in Evoland.

#1039621 - 10/12/20 11:04 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I kinda want to bring out my hunting pack (since I'm not currently in Idaho hunting mule deer this year) and stuff it full of any and all of my fishing gear, including my packed fishing vest.

I'm talking Plano boxes, spools of pencil lead, bulk leader, and damn near all my organizer boxes full of gear.

Still not too sure I can get it to 60lbs.

May have to fill it with a dozen reels to get to 60lbs.

#1039623 - 10/12/20 11:15 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

This would be a good topic for Evo to just roll over on...but something tells me, like usual, he will choose this worthless hill to die on, again.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039624 - 10/12/20 11:16 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

pretty sure i said i weighed it and it was at 40 without my jig box and the other sh!t...

once again, no one reads, just rambles on...

i also dont understand why anyone would care what i carry, you guys have spent 2 days talking about something that you dont do... good for you..

i prefer not to run out of sh!t if the fishing is good, and if its bad, i can go somewhere else and fish there too... and will have the gear to do so...

i have multiple vests, including 2 Columbia tan vests, one was my dads...

i also have another one that has the rip cord and inflatable neck tube/preserver...

i dont bring beer, i dont drink, or do anything fishing that will hinder my reflexes... im there to fish, not fvck around...

#1039625 - 10/12/20 11:19 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Your jig box weighs 20 pounds?

I am about to downgrade this thread to 2 stars, unless you really get something good going on here.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. Nobody gives twoshits about what you do or do not carry, we are just amused at the ample amount of ideas, facts, and stories that climb out of your ass.

#1039626 - 10/12/20 11:24 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

if you didnt give a sh!t, you wouldnt talk about it... thats how that works..

no, my jig box doesnt weigh 20 pounds, i said with water, the box, and some other sh!t im probably at 50 ish...

learn to read, then open your fat fvckin mouth...

#1039627 - 10/12/20 11:31 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
lol

So the 60 lb thing was just a huge lie?

Shocking.

Carry as much as you want, retard. That's what makes it so much fun to laugh at you.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1039628 - 10/12/20 11:36 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

a huge lie?

nah, it was a guestimate, because i dont weigh my sh!t that i carry around...

so now add a gun, 2-3 rods, bait, water, and whatever else i want to bring...

bet ya its closer to 60 pounds on my person than you are closer to 60 pounds in real life...

and i will, and dont give a sh!t what you have to say about it... mini D...

#1039629 - 10/12/20 11:40 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
It's not just the weight either. He used the word "hike". I could be wrong, but waddling from the Caddy to the "owners" hole doesn't constitute a "hike".

#1039630 - 10/12/20 11:52 AM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I would be willing to bet that you've never seen a 60 pound pack in your expert life, Evo, and a 60 pound pack would roll you right over on your ass if you tried to put one on.

Fish on...

Todd

#1039631 - 10/12/20 12:07 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Evo
a huge lie?

nah, it was a guestimate, because i dont weigh my sh!t that i carry around...

so now add a gun, 2-3 rods, bait, water, and whatever else i want to bring...

bet ya its closer to 60 pounds on my person than you are closer to 60 pounds in real life...

and i will, and dont give a sh!t what you have to say about it... mini D...

Sure you do, fatty. You care - a lot. That's why you're always here talking out your ass about 60 lb packs of fishing gear and your brother's motorcycle you're too fat to ride.

Carry your pack, mule. It doesn't take any brains, so you're well qualified.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1039632 - 10/12/20 12:09 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: ]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

I've carried many 60lb packs in my life.
AND
That's not counting my heavy ego.

#1039633 - 10/12/20 12:09 PM Re: The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. [Re: 5 * General Evo]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: worshington
Originally Posted By: Evo

i dont bring beer, i dont drink, or do anything fishing that will hinder my reflexes... im there to fish, not fvck around...

Oh man, you're doing it all wrong.

Beer......good.

Page 5 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 807 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645406 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |