Rate This Topic
#1040426 - 10/24/20 12:35 PM Re: The Final Debate [Re: ]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: ArvidBarker
Originally Posted By: stlhdr1
Originally Posted By: Illahee
So Keith why do you think there's protests in the streets all over America?

It's a hard question to answer because there's many many reasons for the protesting.. Honestly, I have no issues with the protests it's the looting and destruction of property that's saddening.

There will be more protests when Trump wins again, I'd take a bet on that one...

Keith
So you yourself admit,it's Trump rofl

Jesus Arvid... That's not what I said. You can say it's Trump but one could just as easily say it's because the losing party didn't get their way so they're throwing a tantrum.... But, that's just a hypothetical you know.

Keith

#1040427 - 10/24/20 12:58 PM Re: The Final Debate [Re: stlhdr1]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

So you have no fvcking idea?
This is deja vu all over again for me.
I lived through Vietnam and there was a number of Americans who only saw the antiwar demonstrators and the havoc and disruption they created.
I see the very same thing happening again.
Here's the irony, it was by and large the Republicans who failed to recognize the real message of the demonstrators.
Back then there wasn't a Fox and Friends to help people think, so it was just stupidity, but today it's just plain old brainwashing.

Edited by Illahee (10/24/20 01:07 PM)

#1040428 - 10/24/20 01:22 PM Re: The Final Debate [Re: Illahee]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Illahee
So you have no fvcking idea?
This is deja vu all over again for me.
I lived through Vietnam and there was a number of Americans who only saw the antiwar demonstrators and the havoc and disruption they created.
I see the very same thing happening again.
Here's the irony, it was by and large the Republicans who failed to recognize the real message of the demonstrators.
Back then there wasn't a Fox and Friends to help people think, so it was just stupidity, but today it's just plain old brainwashing.

Of course I have an idea to what it is, but I'm not going to sit here and debate the reasons that people are protesting. As a society we learn/adapt to better society for everyone. But someday, when the national debt clips the next milestone this country will be leveraged beyond repair... Smoked, done, gone and that is what you are thinking will happen. IMHO, there is no fixing it. All we can do it patch the issues and prolong the devastation.. The time will come.

Keith

#1040439 - 10/24/20 11:00 PM Re: The Final Debate [Re: Streamer]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
Things can only go so far. Both the right and left are complicit in deficit spending. But the left wants to blame the right, and the right wants to blame the left. Both are culprits. Disagreeing only makes you a party hack... which makes up the majority of this board.

“Trump guzzler” “Village idiot” “Evo-level tardness”... here it comes... the language of denial.

rofl

#1040440 - 10/24/20 11:04 PM Re: The Final Debate [Re: Streamer]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Originally Posted By: Streamer
Things can only go so far. Both the right and left are complicit in deficit spending. But the left wants to blame the right, and the right wants to blame the left. Both are culprits. Disagreeing only makes you a party hack... which makes up the majority of this board.

“Trump guzzler” “Village idiot” “Evo-level tardness”... here it comes... the language of denial.

rofl

No BS Bill Clinton had a balanced budget. Trump spends like a drunken sailor.

#1040441 - 10/25/20 05:49 AM Re: The Final Debate [Re: Steelheadman]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Steelheadman

rofl

Steamer always has a problem with facts that don't fit into his narrative.

He ignores them, and expects others to do the same while they stand in awe of his ability to rise above the fray and remain independent and free.

lol

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1040442 - 10/25/20 07:26 AM Re: The Final Debate [Re: Dan S.]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Originally Posted By: Dan S.

rofl

Steamer always has a problem with facts that don't fit into his narrative.

He ignores them, and expects others to do the same while they stand in awe of his ability to rise above the fray and remain independent and free.

lol

He writes like an 8th grade teachers pet, outstanding grammar just no substance.

Lots of great sports going on, sad to see the dark side so political.

#1040445 - 10/25/20 09:25 AM Re: The Final Debate [Re: Streamer]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Spokane WA
I have little interest in sports, I don't watch or follow any college or professional sports.

Decades ago when watching sports was just what you did, no questions asked, it was part of the culture, I'd stay home and watch.

What I noticed was that I never regretted missing a game and actually doing something myself. But frequently I regretted wasting an afternoon, or even a full day sitting in front of a TV watching millionaires play a game that had absolutely zero effect on my life.

Win or lose my life went on the same, only I now had one fewer day(s) to do something that actually benefited me.

Mowing the lawn was more productive and satisfying than watching sports.

I'd take my kids and we'd do something together in the great outdoors, like digging snow caves and camping in them on Mt Rainier.
Or week long river floats on new rivers. Tracking animals in the snow was great, then showing them how the large predators tracked us.

I had friends whose moods would be set for the week by how their favorite teams did. Why depend on other people that don't even have a clue you exist to provide enjoyment and value to your life.

Politics can directly affect just about every aspect of my daily life, for better or worse, so yes I'm going to pay attention.

#1040447 - 10/25/20 10:04 AM Re: The Final Debate [Re: Streamer]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

I like sports. I don't understand why right wing wackos don't like the NFL and have tried to politicize the NFL. Yeah it's both ways. Same with the NBA. Haven't been a big NBA fan but did go and watch a Blazers Lakers game courtside the day before Kobe retired. I watched the 1968 Olympics and saw the USA track and field athletes lose their medal during their anthem protest.

Sports are a great release from politics and current events.

Steelers Titans should be a great game but I need to finish caulking/grouting the master bath tiles. Wife is doing her crafts making sparkly tumblers coating with epoxy.

Edited by Steelheadman (10/25/20 10:05 AM)

#1040448 - 10/25/20 10:07 AM Re: The Final Debate [Re: ondarvr]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Originally Posted By: ondarvr
I have little interest in sports, I don't watch or follow any college or professional sports.

Decades ago when watching sports was just what you did, no questions asked, it was part of the culture, I'd stay home and watch.

What I noticed was that I never regretted missing a game and actually doing something myself. But frequently I regretted wasting an afternoon, or even a full day sitting in front of a TV watching millionaires play a game that had absolutely zero effect on my life.

Win or lose my life went on the same, only I now had one fewer day(s) to do something that actually benefited me.

I'd take my kids and we'd do something together in the great outdoors, like digging snow caves and camping in them on Mt Rainier.
Or week long river floats on new rivers. Tracking animals in the snow was great, then showing them how the large predators tracked us.

I had friends whose moods would be set for the week by how their favorite teams did. Why depend on other people that don't even a have clue you exist to provide enjoyment and value to your life.

Politics can directly affect just about every aspect of my daily life, for better or worse, so yes I'm going to pay attention.

To each their own regarding sports.

Let me rephrase, there is a lot of cool [Bleeeeep!], fishing, arts, movies, plays, books, that are waiting to be consumed and enjoyed. Meanwhile people are arguing about a presidential race where every single person have already made up their mind.

#1040449 - 10/25/20 10:13 AM Re: The Final Debate [Re: dwatkins]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: dwatkins

I had friends whose moods would be set for the week by how their favorite teams did. Why depend on other people that don't even a have clue you exist to provide enjoyment and value to your life.

Let me rephrase, there is a lot of cool [Bleeeeep!], fishing, arts, movies, plays, books, that are waiting to be consumed and enjoyed. Meanwhile people are arguing about a presidential race where every single person have already made up their mind.

If Trump was leading the polls you would be all over politics D Wat! I haven't even watched the World Series. Mariners have never been there. Same with the NBA finals since the Sonics left town.

Edited by Steelheadman (10/25/20 10:13 AM)

#1040450 - 10/25/20 10:44 AM Re: The Final Debate [Re: Steelheadman]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Originally Posted By: dwatkins

If Trump was leading the polls you would be all over politics D Wat! I haven't even watched the World Series. Mariners have never been there. Same with the NBA finals since the Sonics left town.

What are you going on about? You’ve won the college football thing twice so don’t tell me you don’t follow/like sports.

Sorry, didn’t see your above post.

Edited by dwatkins (10/25/20 10:45 AM)

#1040452 - 10/25/20 11:31 AM Re: The Final Debate [Re: ondarvr]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

At least you said can instead of does.

#1040453 - 10/25/20 12:16 PM Re: The Final Debate [Re: Streamer]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Thanks for mentioning that.

"Does" is probably more accurate.

The political battles between the two parties touches every aspect of our lives. Taxes and how they get redistributed throughout the country and world affects everybody.

Both sides take your money, and both sides redistribute it.

The promise is always "I'm going to take it from somebody else and give it to you". Taking $1.00 and passing on .50 cents is the norm.

#1040454 - 10/25/20 12:38 PM Re: The Final Debate [Re: Streamer]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Agreed. I like to vote politics on a more local level. But last I saw this is a fishing forum and not a political forum so don’t crap on other people’s hobbies or likes.

#1040457 - 10/25/20 12:49 PM Re: The Final Debate [Re: Streamer]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Check which forum you're posting in, you may see this isn't the fishing or hunting section.

I'm also noticing you posted in a thread about a political debate, nothing to do with fishing or sports.

I only gave my views on my interest in sports, I mentioned no one else or Indicated my opinion was the only correct one.

If you like watching sports, go for it.

#1040458 - 10/25/20 01:02 PM Re: The Final Debate [Re: ondarvr]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

I'm sensing a hush in Trumsterville, where's the know it all moo moo buddha?

#1040459 - 10/25/20 01:27 PM Re: The Final Debate [Re: ondarvr]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Check which forum you're posting in, you may see this isn't the fishing or hunting section.

I'm also noticing you posted in a thread about a political debate, nothing to do with fishing or sports.

I only gave my views on my interest in sports, I mentioned no one else or Indicated my opinion was the only correct one.

If you like watching sports, go for it.

Just look up the 49er vs Seahawks thread for an example, the dark side used to like things besides politics. But go mow the lawn, super important!

We got it, you hate sports.
My first post wasn’t even about you, your dumbass injected yourself into a worthless discussion.

#1040460 - 10/25/20 01:51 PM Re: The Final Debate [Re: Streamer]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

I sense an unjustified hostility in your response.

I don't read or comment in sports threads because I have no interest in the discussion.

Maybe I should click on one and complain that they're discussing sports.

#1040461 - 10/25/20 02:02 PM Re: The Final Debate [Re: ondarvr]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

I sense an unjustified hostility in your response.

I don't read or comment in sports threads because I have no interest in the discussion.

Maybe I should click on one and complain that they're discussing sports.

Yep, be like stam and complain about baseball In a baseball thread. Have a good one, btw so who are your teams anyways?

You’re right though, it is a thread about politics, my whole point was the dark side was more rounded with threads, I used sports as an example, and you wrote your speech about sports.

You took half of my original post and ran with it and I responded.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1382 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |