Page 14 of 23 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1048090 - 02/20/21 01:54 PM Re: Texas Secession ***** [Re: Illahee]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Illahee
Speaking of climate change, guess who's getting a first hand reality check?
Texas, and by virtue of their stellar Republican state and federal leadership are now stuck in a blizzard with no power or water.
Well played.

You really are narrow minded and can't see out of the box your in. They set records for the lowest temperatures in many areas since man has been recording it. It happens and man kind learns from it.

I can assure you the CR has had catostrophic flooding events before white man settled here, it will happen again. Should we just chalk that up to climate change when it happens, I'm certain you will.

Keith

#1048093 - 02/20/21 02:18 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: stlhdr1]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

It happened in 2011, and nobody leaned from it.

#1048095 - 02/20/21 02:20 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: Todd]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
I was in the Lower Rio Grande Valley in '11 when the freeze hit. They had no clue what to do, how to drive, etc.

#1048096 - 02/20/21 02:23 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: Carcassman]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...ted/4490501001/

Winter storm blackouts plagued Texas in 2011, too. Recommendations made afterward went unenforced.
Did you read that Keith, or are you stuck in a box?
If you continue to get your opinions from confirmation bias news sources you'll never get out of that stupid box.

Edited by Illahee (02/20/21 02:32 PM)

#1048099 - 02/20/21 02:32 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: Todd]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

You should see the Bay Area drivers when it rains

#1048100 - 02/20/21 02:39 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: Illahee]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA

Winter storm blackouts plagued Texas in 2011, too. Recommendations made afterward went unenforced.
If you continue to get your opinions from confirmation bias news sources you'll never get out of that stupid box.

6 P's of life.. Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. It's apparent every state of the Union could reference those 6 P's at one time or another. Quit acting like it's just Texas that has issues. Every year there's something wrong with a state somewhere. I get so sick of the negativity and the I'm better than thou persona.

Look how retarded the West Coast looked to the nation when the media made it seem as if half of Oregon burned.. We know that's not the fact, but lord have mercy on the libtards that didn't manage forests properly to Prevent the inevitable... Shame on mankind for being so dumb right? Do you think we'll log more, prepare more? [Bleeeeep!] no, our government is just as dumb as any....

Keith

#1048101 - 02/20/21 02:40 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: Todd]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: worshington

#1048102 - 02/20/21 02:46 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: Todd]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Is that an alamy stock photo? Hard to tell.

#1048103 - 02/20/21 02:50 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: Todd]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Spokane WA
The idea of higher population density reducing the death rate is intriguing...but.

I've traveled extensively through those locations, lived in Arkansas and my territory covered the whole region.

These are Trump following, you can make me types that aren't going to follow most recommendations. And churches tend to be big spreaders.

They also tend to be in worse health to start with, and good health care isn't close.

I selfishly don't care much about climate change, I won't be around long enough for it to have much of an affect on me no matter how it plays out.

#1048104 - 02/20/21 02:55 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: stlhdr1]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: stlhdr1

6 P's of life.. Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. It's apparent every state of the Union could reference those 6 P's at one time or another. Quit acting like it's just Texas that has issues. Every year there's something wrong with a state somewhere. I get so sick of the negativity and the I'm better than thou persona.

Look how retarded the West Coast looked to the nation when the media made it seem as if half of Oregon burned.. We know that's not the fact, but lord have mercy on the libtards that didn't manage forests properly to Prevent the inevitable... Shame on mankind for being so dumb right? Do you think we'll log more, prepare more? [Bleeeeep!] no, our government is just as dumb as any....

Keith

What's truly retarded is thinking man made global warming is a hoax.

#1048106 - 02/20/21 03:00 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: dwatkins]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: dwatkins
Is that an alamy stock photo? Hard to tell.

Lol

#1048107 - 02/20/21 03:06 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: ondarvr]
SpoonFed Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: ondarvr
The idea of higher population density reducing the death rate is intriguing...but.

I've traveled extensively through those locations, lived in Arkansas and my territory cover the whole region.

These are Trump following, you can make me types that aren't going to follow most recommendations. And churches tend to be big spreaders.

They also tend to be in worse health to start with, and good health care isn't close.

I selfishly don't care much about climate change, I won't be around long enough for it to have much of an affect on me no matter how it plays out.

you been drinking already?

#1048108 - 02/20/21 04:11 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: SpoonFed]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: SpoonFed
Originally Posted By: ondarvr

I've traveled extensively through those locations, lived in Arkansas and my territory cover the whole region.

you been drinking already?

No, I don't live in your world where that would be normal.

#1048109 - 02/20/21 05:18 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: DBS]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
I've heard the Cowlitz mentioned numerous times in this gay thread. Barrier Dam and it's frequenters suck, here's your sign?

Originally Posted By: DBS

#1048110 - 02/20/21 05:28 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: Todd]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
This thread has been picking up decent momentum. It's nice not having Blue Frank and IllaBotToff spreading aids all over this thread.

#1048112 - 02/20/21 06:17 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: Bent Metal]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Bent Metal
This thread has been picking up decent momentum. It's nice not having Blue Frank and IllaBotToff spreading aids all over this thread.

Make America Douchbags Again or MADA

#1048115 - 02/20/21 06:39 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: Todd]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

#1048116 - 02/20/21 11:07 PM Re: Texas Secession [Re: DBS]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Adderall addiction can be conquered.

#1048117 - 02/21/21 08:50 AM Re: Texas Secession [Re: ]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
Originally Posted By: extremesteelhead
[quote=Illahee] He is a professor of climatology at UW, he doesn't believe in man made climate change and calls it disturbing misinformation.

https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2021/02/new-podcast-super-rain-shadow-heavy.html

I follow Cliff Mass blog at times and find it fascinating. I wouldn't say he doesn't believe in man-made climate change. The data suggests that these extreme weather events that crop up are part of the natural cycle and the media has a tendency to play the global warming card Every time these events happen, which is scientifically false. Cliff has said repeatedly that man has accelerated the "climate change" or warming process, and data indicates that it has been very small, percentage wise. He agrees that measures need to be taken to slow it, however the media needs to stop pedaling the global warming bs for every short term natural disaster that happens

#1048118 - 02/21/21 10:11 AM Re: Texas Secession [Re: Bent Metal]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: Bent Metal
Originally Posted By: extremesteelhead
[quote=Illahee] He is a professor of climatology at UW, he doesn't believe in man made climate change and calls it disturbing misinformation.

https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2021/02/new-podcast-super-rain-shadow-heavy.html

I follow Cliff Mass blog at times and find it fascinating. I wouldn't say he doesn't believe in man-made climate change. The data suggests that these extreme weather events that crop up are part of the natural cycle and the media has a tendency to play the global warming card Every time these events happen, which is scientifically false. Cliff has said repeatedly that man has accelerated the "climate change" or warming process, and data indicates that it has been very small, percentage wise. He agrees that measures need to be taken to slow it, however the media needs to stop pedaling the global warming bs for every short term natural disaster that happens

Yes, I've followed him for years, he was booted from a local NPR radio show he did for years. The big dollar doners pulled strings and got him fired because they didn't like his more reasonable views being voiced on his blog. He never mentioned them on the radio.

Page 14 of 23 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (eddie, NOFISH, 1 invisible), 483 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645370 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |