Three Rivers Marine

Page 34 of 36 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1051895 - 05/12/21 08:33 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
This is the week that the Mariners can either surprise me, or fulfill my prediction...3rd place now after the bullpen shitthebed, again, last night. If they lose 3 of the next 4, they will never get better than 3rd place for the rest of the season.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1051997 - 05/13/21 11:06 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: Todd]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Originally Posted By: Todd
This is the week that the Mariners can either surprise me, or fulfill my prediction...3rd place now after the bullpen shitthebed, again, last night. If they lose 3 of the next 4, they will never get better than 3rd place for the rest of the season.

Fish on...

Todd

Todd may be a prophet. Mariners ship is going down even though they called up a couple of prospects against Cleveland.

Somebody call the Coast Guard. Need to fire the batting coach too.

#1052064 - 05/15/21 10:33 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Tired of nickv90’s grim reaper thread. So bump, glad the dark side is still alive.

#1052080 - 05/17/21 09:51 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

...and then the damn Mariners win three in a row while I am gone fishing...still in 3rd, but back over .500, with a few games against the hapless Tigers this week coming up.

Fish on...

Todd

#1052158 - 05/18/21 10:39 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

#1052164 - 05/19/21 08:25 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: Todd]
Paul Smenis Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: In a drift boat...
...and then the damn Mariners win three in a row while I am gone fishing...still in 3rd, but back over .500, with a few games against the hapless Tigers this week coming up.

Fish on...

Todd

Hopes and dreams and not much else.
I have been off that narcotic since the 90's.
When Jr. left every thing went bye bye in a yard sale.

#1052169 - 05/19/21 09:48 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

The Mariner offense is last place in every category.

Fish on...

Todd

#1052322 - 05/25/21 10:07 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Don't look now. M's on a 2 game win streak over Oakland after losing 6 in a row.

#1052323 - 05/26/21 09:08 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
Paul Smenis Offline
Repeat Spawner

Evo knows the guy that invented baseball

#1052324 - 05/26/21 09:49 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
JussieSmolt Offline
Spawner

Sports just haven't been the same since the 90's. So boring.

#1052325 - 05/26/21 10:43 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Fuckin Mariners...I guess that's what you get with a young, but talent laden team...massive inconsistency.

I still think the Mariners are exactly on track for what they have been doing for the last several years, which is develop a farm system, develop their own players, and start moving them up the line...this comes with big growing pains.

My prediction(s) that they will bounce around, but ultimately end up 3rd or 4th in the division, double digit games out of playoff contention, is not a condemnation of this plan, it's a recognition that this is the plan, and this is how the plan plays out.

They'll be pretty good next year, and a contender the following year, and hopefully for several years after that...but pretending that they were a good team early has created a false expectation that they should be good, when they aren't.

My next prediction is that someone will cough up a pile of good prospects for Mitch Haniger at the trade deadline, and the swap will be made...this is also exactly how this plan should go, but fans who don't know baseball will gnash their teeth at giving away our best player...but at this juncture of the rebuild, that's exactly what Haniger's role is on this team...bring the highest trade value possible, and then send him to a team that is in contention today for a bunch of their up and comers.

Fish on...

Todd

#1052326 - 05/26/21 10:52 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: Todd]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Fuckin Mariners...I guess that's what you get with a young, but talent laden team...massive inconsistency.

I still think the Mariners are exactly on track for what they have been doing for the last several years, which is develop a farm system, develop their own players, and start moving them up the line...this comes with big growing pains.

My prediction(s) that they will bounce around, but ultimately end up 3rd or 4th in the division, double digit games out of playoff contention, is not a condemnation of this plan, it's a recognition that this is the plan, and this is how the plan plays out.

They'll be pretty good next year, and a contender the following year, and hopefully for several years after that...but pretending that they were a good team early has created a false expectation that they should be good, when they aren't.

My next prediction is that someone will cough up a pile of good prospects for Mitch Haniger at the trade deadline, and the swap will be made...this is also exactly how this plan should go, but fans who don't know baseball will gnash their teeth at giving away our best player...but at this juncture of the rebuild, that's exactly what Haniger's role is on this team...bring the highest trade value possible, and then send him to a team that is in contention today for a bunch of their up and comers.

Fish on...

Todd

Fair points but you can’t rebuild forever. It will be interesting what they do if anything at the trade deadline.

#1052327 - 05/26/21 10:55 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Yeah, new coach comes to mind....

When you have the talent but can't bring it all together, time for a new coach.

Keith

#1052328 - 05/26/21 11:27 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

They have only been in an actual rebuild for about three years, and were carrying too big of contracts to do one, mainly with Robinson Cano.

Ditching Cano was the first step in an actual rebuild, and I think they are doing it really well...just need to ignore the baseball fans that don't understand baseball personnel management for a little while longer, and then everyone will be getting what they want wink

Look to the Astros to see how sucking for a few years while building a farm system can work for you...the Mariners spent far too many years sucking while not building a farm system, which is the absolute worst kind of management.

Fish on...

Todd

#1052330 - 05/26/21 11:57 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
Actual rebuild for 3 yrs? rofl The last playoff team was how long ago? Maybe winning the division? 20yrs ago? Fvck off with the just give them more time bullschit.

Toff could cut and paste his last thread for every single M's season for the last 20 yrs and still be delusional rofl

Compete and win the division every so often or gtfo is my viewpoint.

#1052332 - 05/26/21 01:50 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
Paul Smenis Offline
Repeat Spawner

I was offered some very nice box seat tickets this year to three games of my choice this season over the phone with a supplier of ours at my work.

A strong no thank you and a quick hang up followed. Almost felt like an insult.

#1052364 - 05/27/21 02:38 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: Todd]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Todd

Almost Todd, almost. I think you have it backwards. The Mariners are the excellent farm team for the AAA Tacoma Rainiers. Watch the Rainiers for the next couple years for hot consistency, not the Mariners. Cheaper seats and hotdogs and beer too!

#1052365 - 05/27/21 02:59 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: Salmo g.]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

Todd

Almost Todd, almost. I think you have it backwards. The Mariners are the excellent farm team for the AAA Tacoma Rainiers. Watch the Rainiers for the next couple years for hot consistency, not the Mariners. Cheaper seats and hotdogs and beer too!

+1 for going to a triple AAA team for value.

#1052369 - 05/27/21 06:42 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: Todd]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
They have only been in an actual rebuild for about three years, and were carrying too big of contracts to do one, mainly with Robinson Cano.

Ditching Cano was the first step in an actual rebuild, and I think they are doing it really well...just need to ignore the baseball fans that don't understand baseball personnel management for a little while longer, and then everyone will be getting what they want wink

Look to the Astros to see how sucking for a few years while building a farm system can work for you...the Mariners spent far too many years sucking while not building a farm system, which is the absolute worst kind of management.

Fish on...

Todd

Perhaps your right, but I'm leaning towards the scouts have done their job and the coaches haven't got the results. I don't follow the M's as much as I used to but I do know a little about a pitch stick...

Great players win some games, great coaches win seasons.... Just my .02

Keith

#1052375 - 05/27/21 10:22 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: stlhdr1]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Lots of negative Nancy's here. The Sheriff of Nottingham provided some offense tonight for the M's. Chris Flexen shuts down Texas.

Nottingham provides offense and Flexen the pitching.

Page 34 of 36 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1416 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |