Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#105332 - 12/30/00 02:59 AM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Guess what you republican *edited*, the economy since clinton was in office has prospered more then any other time during our life times. The dams did not get removed because of Slade Gorton, he has done everything in his power since we started talking dam removal and since the Clinton administration allocated the money in the early 1990's to do so. But there was that *edited* rally his big friends with the corporate dollars to stop something that will help us all, the fish included. So all of you who voted for G.W. we will all pay the price of lost opportunity and further loss of habitat, you can all *edited*.
Peace Superfly

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 12-30-2000).]

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#105333 - 12/30/00 03:53 AM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
Holiday market Offline
Alevin

Loc: Burlington, WA, USA
Lets all agree to disagree and move on here.

------------------

#105334 - 12/30/00 07:45 AM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: OlyWa
I think 'Headhunter is on to something with his "take a Senator fishing" comment.

What if you fishing guides could organize (re:donate) a competition amongst the politicians?

One Senator per guide for one day of fishing?
I know you would not be able to get Senators to attend on the same day (cause they have to look like they are earning their pay) but maybe a running competition.
I think it would be a good way to show the Senators the real truth. (no pun)

I don't know, maybe it is just to damn early and I am still dreaming.

------------------
"Just Say No To Sovereign Nations!"

#105335 - 12/30/00 10:28 AM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
RichH Offline
Parr

Loc: Salem, OR
Here's something nobody posting on this seems to be noticing. Our votes had nothing to do with who won the presidency. GW lost both Washington and Oregon. Go fishing and do something productive.

------------------

[This message has been edited by RichH (edited 12-30-2000).]

#105336 - 12/30/00 11:15 AM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
Superfly,

When you measure the prosperity of a market under someones watch you measure from the start to the end. Clintons rocket has severely fizzeled. Look around, the nasdaq that powered this has been cut by 65%, layoffs are abounding, etc etc. You can't take a snapshot from when the markets were good and say "he did great", without looking at where he is leaving us. Highest gas prices ever???

BTW - dildo and 'kiss my ass' are nice comments from someone that wants all of us republicans to go out and buy your new hooks your pushing. Vision, right?

#105337 - 12/30/00 11:17 AM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
Mountin' Man Offline
Parr

Loc: Soldotna, Alaska
...and in typical liberal fashion, lacking any facts, logic or reasoning, Superfly has to resort to profane hateful slander of anyone who disagrees with his point of view...

#105338 - 12/30/00 01:32 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
stever in everett Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, WA USA
Great debate, who is ahead? The Senate is a 50/50 split but the V.P. has a vote on any ties, the house of Reps. has a slight Republican lead but there will be an election in 2 years so that will likely change, if history repeats it's self. Where is WIT45 CAl? has he changed his name? Can't believe he hasn't responded.
Contacting your representatives in goverment the first step in having your voice heard. Remember that a letter sent by snail mail counts more than a phone call or e-mail. I'm not saying don't call and e-mail do that also, but print out what you would have e-maied and sign it and send it with a stamp. Maria Cantwell has made a commitment to visit every county each year while she is in office, so when she comes to your county at least go to see her and let her hear what you think. If you don't take an active part in your goverment than don't complain when it does something you don't like. With the loss of the catch and release steelhead season on the Puget Sound rivers most should have a few minutes to write at least one letter to each of your elected officials. Send the same letter just change the name and address of the person. By the way buth Bush and Gore had less than 20% of the popular vote of registered voters. Bush had 17.5% and Gore had just over 18% Neither had a great mandate of the people to rule. Remember that our form of goverment only works because we allow ourselves to be ruled and we do this by electing people to defend our interests, let them know what your interests are. Off the soap box.

[This message has been edited by stever in everett (edited 12-30-2000).]

[This message has been edited by stever in everett (edited 12-30-2000).]

#105339 - 12/30/00 03:42 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Lets see, I use to be a republican until they turned there back on the middle class. I use to be a logger until I saw what bad logging practices where doing to the enviroment. I am unaffiliated as fare as parties go, I vote for who I think is going to take care of what littl enviroment, fishing and hunting we have left. Did any of you right wingers ever spend any time in wyoming during the reagan watt era? they basically sold the american public out with there abuses to our blm land. Old James figured it was so far away from most people that it would not matter.
These kind of abuses will continue to go on in the G.W.B years, hopefully it will only last four years.
And if you don't think it isn't going to happen your fooling yourself, G.W.B had allot of friends put him where he is , so they are going to be looking for a little pay back at the cost of our natural resources.
Yeah I was wrong going off and using bad language, but that is what it takes sometimes to get peoples attention, and if I just got one person to think then I have done what I needed to do, look deep inside the republican agenda and see where you the sportsman fit in, No Where, sorry guys
Peace Superfly

360-888-7772

#105340 - 12/30/00 03:58 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
b-bouncer Offline
Parr

Be a good little superfly and BUZZ off!!

#105341 - 12/30/00 08:34 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
R Ridgeway Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
I'm a "right-winger" and Superfly is inlightened. Suddenly I feel humbled by a level of conscienceness so far superior that I need to go fishing to help me get over my depression!

#105342 - 12/30/00 09:34 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
Last Cast Offline
Smolt

Loc: Sumner Wa.
"Take a Senator or Congressman fishing" I like that. Just think of the fishing lies they would tell.

#105343 - 12/30/00 11:22 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
Leadslinger Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Wa,USA
Hey superfly guess who the first "environmental" president was? A Republican named Theodore Roosevelt.Actually come to think of it which president has done as much as TR for wildlife and the environment? Clinton/Carter? LOL.It makes as much sense to use Roosevelt as Reagan to prejudge the man before he takes office.He deserves a chance before condemnation.
As far as economy,you would have to credit a Republican Congress as much as a Democrat Executive branch wouldn't you?Fair is fair.
Also James Watt was an Albatross around the Republican party's neck.I doubt you will see that mistake twice.Certainly assuming Bush will reappoint another Watt is pretty much irrational at this point.
Nice try with the attempt at making the Democrat party a friend of the sportsman.Not.
Slade Gorton was the reason the dams were not removed? Well,I guess we can expect to see them removed now,huh?

#105344 - 12/31/00 03:46 AM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Why don't all of you republicans with all the right answers and G.W.B rethoric stop talking and go fishing, seems to me that I post one reply to what is happening politicly and every redneck in the country is on fire, If you guys are all jacked up like that, you must be buying your coke from the same guy G.W.B gets his from.
Now one of the most famous quotes of the 90's
"can't we all just get along"
Peace Superfly

360-888-7772

#105345 - 12/31/00 10:40 AM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
Hey Mountin' Man, after reading the last post, I'd say your up again. You could basically do a copy/past of your last one and it would work just fine. Now we're redneck coke users.......

#105346 - 12/31/00 10:43 AM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
Mountin' Man Offline
Parr

Loc: Soldotna, Alaska
...again in true liberal fashion, Superfly, standing as a shining example of a typical Gore supporter and lacking a more cerebral argument, continues spewing his hateful attacks against those whos opinions don't match his own while out of the other side of his mouth attempts to portray himself as a victim in this exchange and laments "can't we all just get along?" This appears to be a tactic taken straight out of the liberal playbook. We'll report more details as they come in. Back to you, Bob...

#105347 - 12/31/00 12:22 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
Stadle Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle Area
So Mr Superfly maybe with your all encompassing knowledge and your previously displayed abilities to carry on a intelligent discussion maybe you can explain a few things to me.

1) Clinton/Gore had control for the last eight years, if Gore is fishing and environment friendly why have these situations not improved in those wonderful eight years?

2) If you attribute the economic growth 100% over the last eight years to Clinton/Gore then you need to do some more research on what spurned the growth and then we can discuss this one. Do you actually know why the economy grew so rapidly?

3) Democrats with similar principles to Gore have controlled the State of Washington for the last twenty years. Why has the fishing and environment in this state deteriorated so much (in this time) if these are issues this group has at the top of their list? BTW we are about the find out where Gov. Locke's really stands with the fishing? I bet he does not enforce the 9th circuits ruling here!!

the last eight years was nice, but Nowhere near the most prosperous ecomonic times or this century - again, some reasearch is in order for you?

One final note - if that company that you own -Vision Hooks - joins the ranks of taxpayers, you will see things differently.

#105348 - 12/31/00 12:35 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
skyrise Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: snohomish, wa
First the powers that be in D.C. never really care about the NW. Second there are general things about each party: Democrats will do more for the environment, poor people, funding for retraining of laid off workers, etc. Republicans care more about big buisness, wealthy people, tax cuts, etc. And no administration has really done any thing about high seas drift nets (still going on) or our energy crisis, which has been going on since 1974. Proably best to be concerned about state first then nation? thanks.

#105349 - 12/31/00 02:12 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
steelyhorn hunter Offline
Smolt

Loc: eastside
Stadle, you took the words right out of my mouth. Lets see what kind of intelligent comebacks the superfly can come up with. DanS, I would hope you don't answer them for him. If somebody is going to generalize me as a redneck coke user then he can stand on his own big mouth an answer the above questions posted to him from Stadle. Superfly, I can promise you one thing for certain. I will do everything I can to let every tackle store here on the east side know where you and your company stand.You are a far left radical!!!! I for one will use baling wire before I ever use one of your hooks!! You appear to be nothing more than a loud mouth punk!! Someday I hope to run into you on the river and I'll show you some real redneck courtesy?!!?!

#105350 - 12/31/00 02:52 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Whatever, The last thing I am is Left wing! You know just because I don't like the republican party because of the way they turned there back on the middle class does not mean that. I was not a Gore Supporter either, Niether of our 2 big presidential canidates deserve to be there. The most qualified people for the job are in private industry making millions running big corporations. It is a sad state of affairs when that is the best this country can do.
There are probably better people that are members on this site than we have in office.
As far as making threats to Me personally, Grow Up!
This board was never meant to be an I am better than you or you pissed me off so I am going to kick your ass type of thing.
Peace Superfly

360-888-7772

#105351 - 12/31/00 05:54 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now that last post was more like the real Joe Superfisky that I know. --- Let me tell you guys something I've learned over the last year as a fishing BB moderator, and meeting lots of people. While this is a good forum to communicate thru, it does have it's drawbacks. You don't personally know most of the guys that are posting things on here, so you don't know the true depth of negative comments from any given individual. You also can't see their face or hear their voice inflection. Experts say that 3/4ths of meaningful communication is garnered from facial expression, voice expression, and body language. I think I am a pretty good judge of people's true character once I've been around them in person enough. I have found that some I thought were people I'd like to be friends with going by their BB posting style aren't really someone I would want to be friends with; and visa versa. Initially, Joe was one of these posting type's that could put me off at times. Since I've met him in person and gone to party and fish with him, I see how he really is. NOT as he comes off with his posting style. He just happens to be a very exuberant guy that isn't really aware of how he can come off at times. But he is definitely a good guy. During some of our discussions I was right up front with him concerining that issue. He had a tendancy to spam on about how many fish he catches (he is a good fishermen). He had no idea how he came off to others by doing that. People don't care for that. I thought he might be a little mad a me for bringing it up; but ya know what, he was completely understanding about it, not vindictive one bit, and has toned down coming off like that. This occured directly between us. I've have recently done the same thing with exhuberant Keith (Stlhdr1) publicly in the "Kalama" thread where he went off about how good he is at fishing and how he wanted to have money contests in steelhead fishing; and that he catches hundreds of fish every year and catches them when nobody else can. Keith just wasn't aware of how bad he was coming off to most people by that kind of spamming. I posted my advise to him in that thread, about cutting that back and just get out and fish for the shere enjoyment of it, rather than try to kick everyone's @$$. I have talked to Keith on the phone a few times and he sounds like a better guy than his posts make him sound. And I am a better guy than my condescending opinionated political posts make me sound. There's something for all of us to learn here. ... Let me re-emphasize that Joe (Superfly) is a geniune good guy, and if you got to know him and understood what he's been thru in his life and how he learned to communcate. .... As for his Vision tackle products, you obviouly can do what you want. Let me just say that it would be unfortunate if you wouldn't consider them because of Joe's rant in a political thread. There are a lot of young hard working people trying to make Vision sucessful by producing a good product at a better price. We all 'go off' to varying degrees within political discussions. I know they haven't made me very popular with some people. Perhaps I shouldn't have brought it up again by starting this thread. In fact, it was basically a 'We told you so' post. I wish I hadn't done it now. GWB will soon enough expose his agenda more clearly. I hope his legacy will help the country more than hurt it. I don't want the guy to fall on his face just out of vindictiveness toward his priorities. That's not right. If his regime does more negative than postive than I hope that will be reflected in the Congressional elections in 2 years and the Pres election in 4 years. With that said I hope we can now close this thread and get on to fishing discussions. Thanks. - Steve Hanson (RT)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |