Rate This Topic
#105352 - 12/31/00 06:28 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!
Peace Superfly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#105353 - 12/31/00 07:52 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
wit45cal Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Puyallup WA
Superfly- I agree with you, there are better candidates right here on this board. I will come to your "big business" for a campaign contribution soon.

Everyone else- I tend to think that it is unfair to judge GW at this point on his federal environmental record. To my knowledge, I am the most decorated environmental steward on this site and I am eager for a change in national policy. I hope the Bush administration opts to hear my views and honor me as the Clinton white house did.

As to the blanket statements regarding for whom the parties stand for....hogwash, all of it. The fact is that both parties court everyone in sight. Big business as a general rule donates more to the ruling party (a check with the FEC will confirm this)and this election cycle was no different. Democrats do in fact have a different business demographic but big business is big business. I am sure that none of you (except self-employed and subject to taxes of same) work for a poor person, I don't. Unless you are willing to hang a few million dollars of your net worth on the line for a good idea you never will. The best you can do is try to keep the gov't from going deeper into your pockets.
If you must attack republicans (I am one and proud of it) on our policies, please provide facts to back up your assertions. Tell us specifically what policies, initiatives and laws about which you are speaking and their negative impact on the american people.
I'm not trying to start an argument here I just grow weary of the attacks ad-nauseum like hand grenades. Just throw them out and see if anyone can refute them. I, for one, am willing and able and have done so many times on this board. Democrats have done nothing substantive over the last twenty years for the fish and wildlife in the NW and I'm sure that the GOP can do no worse but we will all see in the not-so-distant future. This concludes my only post on this thread barring any personal attacks or genuine thought provoking questions. (please excuse the spelling but the twins are hungry and time is short)

#105354 - 12/31/00 07:57 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
Stadle Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle Area
Thanks for the input RT, but since I don't know you any better than I know the Superfly himself, your "endorsement" of him as a "good guy" does not mean much, but the manner in which he conducts himself on a public BB does.

The potshots at certain people/groups (who simply have a different view than him) ,the manner in which he attempts to view is opinion as fact, and they way he ignores simple questions after flaming posts all speak volumes for his character.

have a nice day

#105355 - 12/31/00 08:36 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
steelyhorn hunter Offline
Smolt

Loc: eastside
R.T.,As you can attest we have debated back and forth over the last year on political issues. I have never promised any butt wuppins to anyone nor has anyone promised one back. But superfly came off way to strong! I'll stick with my personal(computor)opinion of him and his ideas. I guess I should of asked YOU and DanS to let superfly defend himself. He still hasn't answered the questions asked of himself by Stadle.Amen and peace bro.. Superfly I ask you again to back up your statements about us fired up redneck coke sniffin reps....As far as running a business goes I would think that I could be much more tactful and informed before slammin my political ideals. He has only hurt his stance in the fishing industry as far as I'm concerned.. And as I said before I will let his opinions be known to a few people I personally know in the fishing industry!! R.T., as far as your post goes I readily agree about the ability to "read" peoples minds without seeing/meeting them in person... I certaintly have my opinions about a few of you folks. R.T., every once in awhile I feel like you can jump on the"radical" side but other then your dem. views I think we could closely relate on alot of issues. The same goes with a few of you other hardcore Dems. that I've debated back and forth with.. I've learned things from you guys and hopefully I helped conversely. You guys have a happy New Year!!

#105356 - 12/31/00 10:25 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
'Head hunter Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Shelton, WA.
Damn, RT; that was a long one, I hope I got the point of what it was you were trying to say. I dont have a problem with Superfly, Ive been cussed at and about so many times, it's a lot like water off a ducks backside. You guys should have worked for my former boss. He tried, but there was never any fresh meat in any of the chunks he bit off my backside.
The way I see it, this Geedub bizness is all sort of premature. Yeah, he owes big oil, and he'll probably be able to pay off. Partisan politics really won't have a big role in what happens next, it'll probably be sold in the name of "National interest" in some manner. (There's a energy shortage at the moment).
What I have a problem with is the fact our own representation doesnt appear to give much of a damn about the dwindling native or even hatchery fish, (not just steelhead), and they arent even willing or dont have the courage to pursue federal support for better treaties about the high seas fishery, or to take a stronger stance on the existing treaties.
I saw a blurb in the Olympia fishwrap that the Nisqually is under emergency closure for chum, (A little late?), and WDFW is claiming the problem is ocean mortality. Spin job. Seems that seals are entering the rivers to hunt, probably because there's no food in the salt. Where are the fish? Netted by the international fishery.
Why does this happen? There's more big$$$ involved, and we get the hind teat. All the blather about habitat remediation and preservation that spins up the liberal population and has created such a buzz for the media only sells airtime for the electronic media and pulp for the newsprint producers. AND grows more fish for the short term international fish market, but noone is paying attention to necessities of preservation of the species (like reduced harvests, etc), because of the smoke and mirrors in the political arena.
There's the heart of the matter, as I see it.
Sport fishery is the tail end of the fishery based economic food chain, and will continue that way, (how does it feel to be the red-headed step child?) unless we can find a way to get the attention of big business or big politics. No-one in the power brokerage in either DC or Oly cares enough or has enough interest to head off the impending disaster, so long as the tax revenues continue to roll in from the commercial fisheries.
WDFW and their protective efforts are a joke, (once again as I see it). They regulate the sport fishery, because that's really all they can do. If there was no sport fishery, they would be disenfranchised, and subsequently, unemployed. As long as there's a closed loop in Oly, that will never happen.
Ah, hell, I'm rambling, and venting again. Happy New Year everyone, Go catch fish tomorrow, if you can find'em.

#105357 - 12/31/00 11:23 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
Leadslinger Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Wa,USA
It is pointless to make politics personal.But,I can't blame others who feel differently when they/we are called names.If Superfly had made his posts without the personal attacks,i'll bet nobody would be upset.Perhaps he didn't mean any real offense as other posts would indicate.I guess i'll give him the same benefit of the doubt that he won't extend to Bush.
As long as vision hooks can produce a reasonable product for a great price,I'll still buy 'em.

#105358 - 01/01/01 01:29 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
If it's all the same to you guys, I think I'll just stay out of this one. There's no election coming up, but there IS a ROSE BOWL coming up. GO DAWGS !!!!

Fish on..........

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#105359 - 01/01/01 02:18 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
FreeDrifter Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Vancouver,WA
Reel Truth-

I'm a civil service employee (Firefighter). Trust me if you make a complaint to a supervisor it will be investigated. Often investigations are as simple as a little Q&A session and other times they are performed in greater detail. If this warden is causing this much trouble I'm sure her boss would want to know about it. Besides it sounds as if she's creating a pore public image of a game warden.

#105360 - 01/01/01 04:36 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
Anonymous
Unregistered

Huh? Did I miss a post or something? What lady? Let me know ..... and GO DAWGS AND BEAVERS.

#105361 - 01/01/01 05:20 PM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
'Head hunter Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Shelton, WA.
RT:
I think Freedrifter got confused with Doubletake's topic about gamewardens searches.

#105362 - 01/02/01 01:16 AM Re: We tried to warn you about PRES Elect GWB
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks HH. I remember seeing that thread but it didn't occur to me. ... Free', thanks for the info. I think the incident should be reported to her supervisor. And others like that. Most of the enforcement people are pretty fair, but there are those power abuser types.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 1059 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645360 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |