Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1054065 - 07/18/21 08:45 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Salmo g.]
Flatbrim Pescador Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Hmmm, OK, I'll be more couth and refer to you as FHP, although I suspect you were straight up snagged. And your dad doesn't seem to hate you near as much as you appear to hate him. If he hates you, why are you driving his old Tundra? Or is it your brother who is driving it? At any rate, someone who makes more than a lawyer shouldn't be driving an old Tundra.

I'm not into fancy cars, I don't need a lambourgini. I have a pretty modest lifestyle, because I want financial independence and retiring early (look up the "FIRE movement" if you are not familiar with the concept). I would describe myself as an "everyday millionaire" or "millionaire next door" that lives a life indistinguishable from any normal person. I don't wear fancy clothes, my wife doesn't wear fancy clothes or jewelry either. We don't even have wedding rings because it's an unnecessary frivolity. Not just the financial angle but I'm also religious and try and be plain and simple for spiritual reasons (the testimony of simplicity) and I consider luxuries to be a sin. Two of my idols are Thoreau and Ted Kaczynski. I've actually written letters to him about simple living and he wrote me back. I'm one of the few people to receive mail from the unabomber that didn't explode. I tell my kids about him and tell them to refer to him as Uncle Ted. His cabin is actually my dream house but my not my wife's and obviously you can't have kids there. So I make some sacrifices.

I have 5 cars so the Tundra is not my daily driver. It's just a beat up old junky truck that I use it to haul garbage to the dump, in fact I made a dump run with it yesterday. Sometimes my son drives it and I originally bought it for him to drive but he has another car he likes better so usually drives that. My Dad didn't give it to me, I paid my Dad $2k over blue book price for it because he thought it was worth more than it really was and since he is not financially stable he probably needed the money more than I did and $2k isn't a significant amount of money to me but it is to him. I had told him years ago that if he ever sold it, don't sell it to the dealership but just sell it to me and I will pay you the dealership price. He told me that the dealership was offering him $2k over blue book and since I had already agreed to buy it at whatever the dealership was willing to pay I felt obligated. I also suspected his was lying and the dealership didn't offer him way too much money for the truck, but it is at least possible the did just to make the sale and they'd make more money on the one he bought. I don't get why you are so fixated on this truck, like you are jealous of it and want it or something. If you want to pay me $2k over what it's worth I'd gladly sell it to you.

He hates my brother just as much as me but I can't imagine why as my brother is an angry bitter liberal douche just like he is. He has no relationship with him. For example my Dad has never visited my brother's apartment. He's at least been to my house a couple of times. Strange he has no relationship with either of his sons. Must be the sons fault.

You keep acting like you know me just because you know my Dad. How my Dad acts towards me and what he says to me seem to be completely different that what he is telling you. Maybe he doesn't want to tell you embarrassing things or tell you about how much of a jerk he is. One thing is for sure, you are completely clueless and misinformed about my relationship with my Dad. You have never seen us at the same time and are just using what he tells you as your source of information and what he is telling you is a misrepresentation of the truth. Since you are such great pals with my Dad, you must also know my mother because you all lived in the same town and went to the same high school and were best friends with her brother. Why don't you call her up and ask her about my Dad and you will get a a completely different story from what he says to you and it will coincidently match what I say.

I'm not really angry just kind of scratching my head why you say stuff about my relationship with my Dad that's so inaccurate. My Dad has done a bunch of fvcked up horrible things that he never told you about and I don't feel like airing all his dirty laundry publicly here. If you really care, call me on the phone and I'll explain more stuff in detail. But I don't think you really care, but please just stop posting about me and my Dad. I'm embarrassed for you about your ignorance on this issue. You are so cocksure that what my Dad tells you is what really happens between us it's just odd that you have never observed us interact but somehow think you know more about our relationship than I do. It's just weird.

Please stop posting about my relationship with my Dad telling me I'm wrong about my perception of our relationship you have no firsthand knowledge of. It would be like me telling you how great your relationship is with your ex-wife and your perceptions of that relationship are wrong and even though I never see you interact I somehow know more about the relationship than you do. It would be absurd. Don't be absurd. It's fvcking hilarious the more you post about me and my Dad the more you demonstrate just how far up your ass your own head is.

#1054066 - 07/18/21 08:55 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Returning Adult

This thread is pretty off topic, I'm surprised none of these Bernie Bros haven't popped in to tell me why I need to pay for their college for them. I'm sure some of them are reading though, so I'll repeat this for them.

PAY YOUR DEBTS DEADBEATS! If you want the government to pay for your college, join the military and use the GI Bill.

#1054067 - 07/18/21 08:55 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

get right with your dad brotha... trust me...

#1054068 - 07/18/21 09:07 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Evo
get right with your dad brotha... trust me...

The ball is and has been completely in his court on this. He will never do anything because he's too self absorbed, selfish and stubborn. I gave up hope of him reconciling years ago. I wouldn't refuse but I have come to realize that he never will and is incapable of it. There is literally nothing for me to do to make things right with him. I get that you miss your Dad who died but I have absolutely no feelings whatsoever towards mine. It is he who has rejected me and continues to reject me. I've numbed my feelings over this. It is what it is, oh well life goes on.

Sometimes, when an old person is hanging on to life well beyond the point where life can be meaningfully lived, they become subject to a “mercy killing”. In American Indian culture, people who got to this point were left for the wolves. In Old Norse culture, people who got to this point were put on an ice floe and pushed into the sea. In Anglo culture, people who get to this point are often smothered in their sleep by pillows.

When he gets old and senile, I hope he gets in a care facility that employs anti-American immigrants who after beating and abusing him, smother him with the pillow and as the pillow descends, "Bye, Bye, Miss American Pie" will be droning away on the nursing home loudspeaker. The day of the pillow can't come soon enough.

#1054069 - 07/18/21 09:29 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Returning Adult

I also like how salmo g always follows me around in threads like a stalker to bring up off topic stuff about my Dad that I don't care about and have zero interest in discussing. He is probably thinks he is trolling me, but it's just a topic I'm uninterested in or merits anything more than a shrug. I appreciate the attempt at trolling but Salmo as for this one, I rate it only 1/5 Pillows. Try to find another topic and maybe you will finally get me. There is always the pubic hair thread, maybe you can bring up my Dad and his old tundra there.

#1054070 - 07/18/21 10:05 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Illahee]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: Illahee
Originally Posted By: FoulhookedPink
Originally Posted By: Mike Hunt
If you can't afford something, don't buy it.

Totally agree, this is one of the slogans I live by. Another slogan I live by is: 'Do what you promised to do.'

Sage advise, hear that Steamy Welcher?
Ever wonder why third world countries are kicking our ass academically?
The state pays their college tuition.
What a conglomeration of dumb asses, you should start a party, maybe call it Retrumplicans.

Mentallyillahee, dimwit, easy to say when you've had your hand out and been victimized by everyone most or all of your life. Most people who currently pay taxes don't want to put other people's kids through college.

#1054071 - 07/18/21 10:20 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
JussieSmolt Offline
Spawner

I'd rather get eaten by wolves.

#1054072 - 07/18/21 10:31 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: fish4brains]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Hey smart guy, the people with all the money are not paying their fare share.
If you are OK with that then you are a dumb sh1t.
Wealthy welfare is killing this country.

#1054073 - 07/18/21 10:56 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
It isn’t about “paying your fare share” because nobody should be obligated to pay anything. There should be no federal income taxes at all. The founders did not intend to have a system in place that takes money from its citizens. They founded a country and system to be the opposite of that and its the type of bull schit they fled from. The founders are rolling in their graves over the idea that people like you turn a blind eye to the faults of government and allow it to dictate over your pathetic lives like the gullible little sheep you are.

But I wouldn’t count on you to know this either. You don’t know history because you are not educated. Just like you don’t know much of anything else because you are not a very bright individual.

-Steamy

#1054074 - 07/18/21 11:18 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

It's better for people to think you're fvcking batshit crazy, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

#1054075 - 07/19/21 08:30 AM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

FHP,

Uhmm, if you look at your posts and my posts, you'll see that you posted many more lines about you and your dad than I have. He doesn't say much about you, just as you don't say much about him, until now. Sorry I brought it up, but yeah, that model year is a classic for the Tundra. Easily worth $2k over book. Lucky you.

Meanwhile, it appears most here agree that college ought not be a freebee.

#1054076 - 07/19/21 08:52 AM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
Knowing my luck, as I continue to aggressively pay off student loans, once they are finished there will probably be complete student loan forgiveness given the recent discussions of the last two years. At least I can live with pride knowing I’m not a deadbeat and paying monetary debts but doing minimal payments hoping the forgiveness occurs sounds rather tempting.

Still plenty of money left over to invest in the markets... if this administration doesn’t schit all over the economy. My portfolio loved Trump far more than it does Biden at the moment.

-Steamy

#1054100 - 07/19/21 12:42 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Timber]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: Timber
Class to a million a year for a lot of the UW professors!!

I'll call you out on that one.

A lot?

Let's see the list.

As a refresher......

https://www.kxly.com/washingtons-5-highest-paid-state-employees-in-2019-were-college-coaches/

Only professor on that list is Christopher Murray....and public health is big money work, just like medicine, so that is not surprising he's on the list.

I'm surprised the Dean of UW Medicine is not on that list.

Mike Leach did like to teach. Not how to play good football, but I'm sure he taught something.

#1054101 - 07/19/21 12:47 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

arent the highest paid professors at UW around like 225K?

most in the 150K range? (depending on class of course)

#1054102 - 07/19/21 12:49 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: Evo
arent the highest paid professors at UW around like 225K?

most in the 150K range? (depending on class of course)

Yes.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1054103 - 07/19/21 12:51 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Yup. Those numbers are more realistic.

Junior faculty getting paid the least and tenure faculty, along with an Assistant Dean, Dean, or President position are the ones at the highest levels.

Ok, not the highest. Those go to football coaches and UW Medicine bosses.

Some of the assistant coaches are making a million + bucks. I don't know how much of that is state money vs money out of the football programs, etc.

#1054104 - 07/19/21 12:53 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
It's a government job...the salaries are all on the internet.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1054105 - 07/19/21 12:54 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

for profit colleges are government jobs?

did not know that..

i thought they had to pay the employees through tuition costs..

interesting..

#1054106 - 07/19/21 12:57 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

We were talking about public institutions. Private universities can do/pay whatever they want and however they want and they generally do not disclose that info.

#1054107 - 07/19/21 01:06 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Katies old doctor was the Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine there for a while.. so im sure she was paid well, but most likely not like what the salary is during today...

sh!t kinda hit the fan and Katie works for the top prevantative cancer and breast cancer surgeon now (at her company)..

so if college employees are government employees, how did Fauci be the highest paid government employee at 417K?

or is state and federal 2 different things (as usual) when it comes to that? (college employees are state correct?)

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
TrollKing, wateronthebrain
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1008 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645423 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |