THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1054014 - 07/17/21 02:12 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: FoulhookedPink
Originally Posted By: Jason Beezuz
I think the myth is that college gets you paid fast. It still took me 5 years after college of working hard to get something like a family wage job.

I was surprised that all of the guys I went to high school with that didn't go to college and did construction jobs were far wealthier than I was with only a 4 year head start. It took me many years to finally surpass them in wealth. I told my kids they should just get a construction job, learn the trade, start your own business, buy a house and they will be far better off than going to college. My son wants to go, so I'll pay for it because I hate debt. It's not that hard to manage money and start multiplying money, anyone can do it. Even a minimum wage earner can easily become a millionaire if they manage their money correctly. I've taught my kids how to do it, so whatever they do I'm sure they will be a financial success.

Spoken like a true Republican...

Keith thumbs

#1054015 - 07/17/21 02:19 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Dan S.]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Originally Posted By: Evo
Oddly enough, the top 25 richest in America are all slimy democrats for these most part..

Nobody needs your opinion on deadbeats and taxes, deadbeat.

nobody needs your opinion on anything, so go blow someone else..

#1054016 - 07/17/21 02:22 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Jason Beezuz]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: worshington

I think the myth is that college gets you paid fast. It still took me 5 years after college of working hard to get something like a family wage job.

Well it really all depends on what you study. If you gain STEM skills in college, then you can walk right into high paying jobs. Both my kids got 4 yr degrees in software engineering and waltzed immediately into 6 figure gigs.

And to the thread title, my kids went to state colleges (UW and one in Oregon) and didn't need to go to $$$$ schools to be in demand.

Yes, I paid for much of their tuition and they accepted small FAFSA loans which they paid off within a year. It also helped that my youngest got baseball scholarships. Getting paid to play baseball. Way cool.

#1054018 - 07/17/21 02:23 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

managing money is crucial, i used to blow everything within a couple days of making it...

for me it took me to have nothing to realize what i was doing wrong...

i didnt even have a bank account.. cars broke down, didnt have the money to pay for them, sold them for dirt cheap, etc..

7 years later, 1 car paid off, another about to be paid off, 30k in the bank, and we can do pretty much whatever we want...

but i dont, i keep saving money, and not buying things that i dont really need..

just have to watch Katie and the fvckin Amazon Prime account rofl

#1054019 - 07/17/21 02:49 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
4800 is what I pay ever 3 months for my daughter. FAFSA gives very little which I'm good with being its others money...
I moved her out of the dorm because she was being roped into 900 for her and her roommate payed 900 which seemed a bit absurd being her apartment is 500 each for more amenities.
She will have a degree and a head start so to speak on others with no education however, if she had to pay it back it would takes years and the head start my not be noticed for years!
Search Washington state salaries. That will give you an idea what professors are making and its crazy! Class to a million a year for a lot of the UW professors!!

#1054020 - 07/17/21 03:06 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: DBS]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Originally Posted By: DBS

Well it really all depends on what you study. If you gain STEM skills in college, then you can walk right into high paying jobs. Both my kids got 4 yr degrees in software engineering and waltzed immediately into 6 figure gigs.

And to the thread title, my kids went to state colleges (UW and one in Oregon) and didn't need to go to $$$$ schools to be in demand.

Yes, I paid for much of their tuition and they accepted small FAFSA loans which they paid off within a year. It also helped that my youngest got baseball scholarships. Getting paid to play baseball. Way cool.

Awesome! Getting a free education for playing baseball sounds sweet, good for you and him.

#1054021 - 07/17/21 03:36 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: dwatkins]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
I'm not for college loan forgiveness. I saved and invested my hard earned money in CDs back when they gave you a 10% return when there was inflation. My freshman year was cheap I think it was $500 per semester and $2000 room and board in the dorm. Tuition like doubled or tripled by my senior year. My parents chipped in some and I worked 25 hours a week and summers to earn.

Now the graduates get a bonus when they are hired to pay off some of their debt.

My son and daughter never went to college. My son went to trade school in construction and was able to find work through the union and has plenty of work in Seattle. He kind of regrets not going to college because carpentry work is tough. My other older son works construction in Vegas for some firm and makes more than I do with my engineering degree.

#1054022 - 07/17/21 04:06 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Flatbrim Pescador Offline
Returning Adult

What wrong with all you guys having perfectly reasonable opinions and doing good for your kids? This is the Darkside! Where are all the liberal idiots and butthurt broke debtors? Steelheadman, DBS and Timber sound like you raised them right. That's awesome!

Timber I agree with most of what you said but not the head start. You don't get a head start by going to school, you get a head start by working and investing and the earlier you do it is the head start. Not that you can't catch up or that it is always a wrong decision but if you do the math, compared to someone who went in construction but started 4 years earlier, it's a either financially worse off to go to college even when 100% paid for or maybe a wash, depending on how much you make when you graduate. No matter how you pencil it out you will never be better off financially by going to college as opposed to working and investing at best you can break even. There is no head start by going to college, the head start is by working and investing, the sooner you start that the better it's hard to get over the lost opportunity cost, it is such a head start that it is almost impossible to overcome that. Good for you that at least they are not in debt so they are not held back by that. Instead of looking at it like a head start, look at it as breaking even and breaking even on it is good enough. But to have the lost opportunity costs AND a huge debt, you are behind for sure no matter how much you make. People that do this better like their job because they will be working at it for awhile. My goal was to retire as early as possible and with that goal in mind, college defiantly wasn't a head start.

They shouldn't give out loans at all, it messes the whole system up. I want doctors to be doctors because they are smart, not because they have high financial risk tolerance.

#1054023 - 07/17/21 07:01 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Evo
managing money is crucial, i used to blow everything within a couple days of making it...

for me it took me to have nothing to realize what i was doing wrong...

i didnt even have a bank account.. cars broke down, didnt have the money to pay for them, sold them for dirt cheap, etc..

7 years later, 1 car paid off, another about to be paid off, 30k in the bank, and we can do pretty much whatever we want...

but i dont, i keep saving money, and not buying things that i dont really need..

just have to watch Katie and the fvckin Amazon Prime account rofl

lmao

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1054024 - 07/17/21 08:36 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

I laugh too mini D..

I laugh too..

#1054025 - 07/17/21 08:57 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
If you can't afford something, don't buy it.

#1054027 - 07/17/21 09:02 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: fish4brains]
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Mike Hunt

Totally agree, this is one of the slogans I live by. Another slogan I live by is: 'Do what you promised to do.'

I'm a crazy right wing extremist so I basically think people should be allowed to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't harm others, one of those things that I think people should be allowed to do is make binding promises. Especially when it's written in a legal contract.

#1054028 - 07/17/21 09:11 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Mike Hunt

Totally agree, this is one of the slogans I live by. Another slogan I live by is: 'Do what you promised to do.'

Sage advise, hear that Steamy Welcher?
Ever wonder why third world countries are kicking our ass academically?
The state pays their college tuition.
What a conglomeration of dumb asses, you should start a party, maybe call it Retrumplicans.

#1054029 - 07/17/21 10:16 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Illahee]
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Illahee

Here is the thing. That bet was BS because nobody believes you would have left had you lost. If it was a bet over money I'd 100% agree with you, but it was over BS. He didn't leave but neither would you had you lost. I like steamers posts, I don't like yours. I want to buy out his bet. How much do you want, if it's reasonable I'll pay. In fact how much would it take just for you to never post again, I'd pay for that too.

#1054030 - 07/17/21 10:20 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

I’ll pay 500 bucks for a Jake forever ban and if he ever shows up again I get the 500 from sky or pak

#1054031 - 07/17/21 10:53 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Here is the thing. That bet was BS because nobody believes you would have left had you lost. If it was a bet over money I'd 100% agree with you, but it was over BS. He didn't leave but neither would you had you lost. I like steamers posts, I don't like yours. I want to buy out his bet. How much do you want, if it's reasonable I'll pay. In fact how much would it take just for you to never post again, I'd pay for that too.

Welcher felcher.

#1054032 - 07/17/21 11:13 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: dwatkins]
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: dwatkins
I’ll pay 500 bucks for a Jake forever ban and if he ever shows up again I get the 500 from sky or pak

I will match this. Make it $1k.

Jake is the biggest asshole on this site by far. That autistic fvck needs mental help.

#1054033 - 07/17/21 11:15 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Illahee]
Returning Adult

Welcher felcher.

Ok you won't take my money. Fine. But you have no right to bitch about him welching ever again because I just offered to pay you and name the price.

Maybe you should just leave. I'll still pay for that. How much?

#1054034 - 07/18/21 07:40 AM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Can't put a price on your word. It should be worth more than anyone could pay you.

I'm going to keep hassling Steamer just like I hassled Hank. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, and don't make a bet unless you're going to live up to it.

What I can't believe is that someone would jeopardize their honor and good word by refusing to leave PP. lol It's not like being told to give up beer or fishing or something that actually matters.

I'm just glad to hear Evo's become such a high roller without a college degree and without a blue-collar job, either. Impressive.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1054037 - 07/18/21 08:15 AM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Dan S.]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Can't put a price on your word. It should be worth more than anyone could pay you.

I'm going to keep hassling Steamer just like I hassled Hank. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, and don't make a bet unless you're going to live up to it.

What I can't believe is that someone would jeopardize their honor and good word by refusing to leave PP. lol It's not like being told to give up beer or fishing or something that actually matters.

I'm just glad to hear Evo's become such a high roller without a college degree and without a blue-collar job, either. Impressive.

Couldn’t agree more. Welchers rank as thieves in my book.

Keith

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 274 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |