Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1059929 - 06/17/22 01:05 PM Fishing the West
seabeckraised Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Mason County
Who else remembers this classic show? Quite a few episodes were available on YouTube as recently as a year ago. Was looking up the Satsop episode in specific and was bummed to see they’re no longer on YouTube or anywhere on the internet for that matter.

Anyone have a lead on where you can maybe purchase these? Not sure if they were ever made into DVDs or VHS.

#1059930 - 06/17/22 02:35 PM Re: Fishing the West [Re: seabeckraised]
Paul Smenis Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: In a drift boat...
Brian Stewart is the channel you are looking for, there is also another one that escapes me at the moment, that had a bunch of the episodes, if I can dig it up or remember I'll post a link.

#1059931 - 06/17/22 03:01 PM Re: Fishing the West [Re: Paul Smenis]
seabeckraised Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Yeah I saw he had posted a couple. The one with dozens of them was either deleted or set to private some time in the last year.

#1059932 - 06/17/22 03:13 PM Re: Fishing the West [Re: seabeckraised]
Flatbrim Pescador Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: seabeckraised
Who else remembers this classic show? Quite a few episodes were available on YouTube as recently as a year ago. Was looking up the Satsop episode in specific and was bummed to see they’re no longer on YouTube or anywhere on the internet for that matter.

Anyone have a lead on where you can maybe purchase these? Not sure if they were ever made into DVDs or VHS.

http://tinyurl.com/ycxs9ejv

#1059933 - 06/17/22 04:10 PM Re: Fishing the West [Re: seabeckraised]
Lifter99 Offline
Returning Adult

I had quite a few of the Fishing the West episodes on VHS tapes. I know I had the one on steelhead fishing on the Satsop. I actually ran into the late Larry Schoenborn flying to Alaska one year. he was sitting right across the aisle from me on the flight. He was going up to film a trip on the Kenai. He was a really nice friendly guy.

#1059934 - 06/17/22 04:41 PM Re: Fishing the West [Re: Lifter99]
seabeckraised Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Yeah I’ve heard he was a great guy. Damn, let me know if you’re ever looking to part with those tapes. Would be worth turning them into dvds to preserve the quality.

#1059936 - 06/17/22 05:52 PM Re: Fishing the West [Re: seabeckraised]
Local Offline
Returning Adult

I believe FP was on the show as a guide for Larry on the West fork of the Hump. We followed them down that day and my partner nearly drowned after I ran over him in my drift boat. FP offered warm close.

#1059937 - 06/17/22 10:10 PM Re: Fishing the West [Re: seabeckraised]
GoPro Hero Offline
Smolt

Hell yeah man! I remember that show. I used to watch it when I was a little kid. Too bad it isn’t around anymore. If you want to watch some cool footage just check out my channel and be sure to smash that subscribe button to follow me!

#1059938 - 06/18/22 09:26 AM Re: Fishing the West [Re: seabeckraised]
20 Gage Offline
Returning Adult

I have a copy of the Hoh Ruver Steelhead fishing trip that Fishing the West and Larry did in early March quite a few years ago.

As I was rowing one of the guide boats running the sound crew for that program, I was gifted a few shows including the Hoh trip. I looked thru my tapes, but no Satsop trips.

Good Luck

#1059939 - 06/18/22 09:45 AM Re: Fishing the West [Re: seabeckraised]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
6/18/2022

You might want to check with his son. The son is owner of "Brads Lures"....I'm sure he has some of the old VCR tapes.

I was just starting to tape VCR stuff, have some of the tapes, from "a long time ago". I might hook up the VCR ??????, and watch some of those.....might be enjoyable to view on 65" TV, instead of the old 27" TV.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#1059943 - 06/20/22 07:37 PM Re: Fishing the West [Re: seabeckraised]
JussieSmolt Offline
Spawner

Sport Fishing BC was aight, too. Everyone's favorite host was Angler West the other day.

#1059944 - 06/22/22 07:50 PM Re: Fishing the West [Re: seabeckraised]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/ftw

It's true, Larry was a genuinely nice guy.
A prince of a man.

#1059945 - 06/23/22 08:01 AM Re: Fishing the West [Re: Direct-Drive]
seabeckraised Offline
Juvenile at Sea

You’re a saint! Purchasing them now. Worth every penny. Thanks!

#1059946 - 06/25/22 07:41 PM Re: Fishing the West [Re: seabeckraised]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

First guided fishing trip I ever took in the PNW was with "Pro Guide Chuck Wicken" after watching that Satsop winter steel episode while I was still in eye-whittling school in Syracuse. Had a buddy in WA that would tape the episodes for me on VHS and send a me a montage a couple times a year to binge watch.

When I moved to Aberdeen in 1994, I just had to go look him up. He was still working for Clancy Holt at the time. Booked him MANY times to fish steelhead and salmon... Wynoochee, Satsop, Chehalis, SolDuc, Hoh, Lewis and Cowlitz... among other nameless waters. Never had a bad trip in 10 seasons... after which I bought my own boat. Continued to hire him sporadically and also occasionally jumped in with other budz who had him booked.

SUPER FISHY dude that really knew his water.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#1059955 - 06/28/22 04:21 PM Re: Fishing the West [Re: eyeFISH]
seabeckraised Offline
Juvenile at Sea

That’s a great episode. Would’ve been interesting to see them shoot up and fish the East Fork. Must’ve been quite a bit different in some spots.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |