Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1059975 - 07/05/22 02:47 PM Independence Day chrome! *****
GoPro Hero Offline
Smolt

Hey guys! Finally got a chance to do a collab with my fellow addict Flatbrim Pescador. We got to go out and get some fishing in on the river for steel and we slayed them! There’s lots of fish around right now! He made me wear his maga gear while we fished but it’s cool we got some good collab video footage. When we got to the spot on the river seabeckraised talked about there was 5 guys there already who told us the spot is too crowded so we went below them and started to cast. They got mad at first because I hooked a fish and they didnt but then we all took turns casting in order on the gravel bar and we all got to fish the spot together with no problems! Seabeckraised you should come with us next time and see how good it works. I got this 10 pound chromer on a ez bead and the new addicted steelhead worms. You guys should check them out. I think they go on sale during the merch drop on July 10! They slay the steel! I also caught this weird looking fish I never seen before. I’m going to slap this puppy on the grill next to the steelhead for a side by side taste compare! Check out my channel for the cooking tutorial and fish catching action and make sure to hit the subscribe button!

#1059977 - 07/05/22 06:34 PM Re: Independence Day chrome! [Re: GoPro Hero]
Flatbrim Pescador Offline
Returning Adult

Nice Steelhat! Looking good in that stylish black ski mask.

#skimaskcrew #upsidedownfishcrew #magacrew #norivernames #metoo

#1059987 - 07/07/22 08:29 PM Re: Independence Day chrome! [Re: GoPro Hero]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Barrier Dam Sucks!

#1059992 - 07/10/22 03:18 PM Re: Independence Day chrome! [Re: fish4brains]
GoPro Hero Offline
Smolt

Originally Posted By: fish4brains
Barrier Dam Sucks!

No bro we went somewhere else! They been slaying them at the barrier dam too! Stay tuned for some video footage on my channel.

#1060071 - 07/21/22 04:26 PM Re: Independence Day chrome! [Re: GoPro Hero]
Returning Adult

https://www.shimmick.com/portfolio/cowlitz-falls-barrier-dam-repair-project/

What do you think the barrier dam construction will do to the fishing?

#1060072 - 07/22/22 10:42 AM Re: Independence Day chrome! [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Flatbrim Pescador
https://www.shimmick.com/portfolio/cowlitz-falls-barrier-dam-repair-project/

What do you think the barrier dam construction will do to the fishing?

I don't expect it to have any significant effect on fishing. Or perhaps I should re-think that. I was there yesterday and got skunked. Where did all those damn fish go?

#1060078 - 07/22/22 12:13 PM Re: Independence Day chrome! [Re: GoPro Hero]
Returning Adult

Don't they have a weir at the dam? What happens to the fish that were going to the weir when the weir is under construction? Do they just swim by or do they stack up below?

#1060080 - 07/23/22 11:05 AM Re: Independence Day chrome! [Re: GoPro Hero]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

The weir that is the Barrier Dam has remained in place during the construction. If anything, the weir is even harder for summer runs to jump because all the flow is concentrated to one-half the full width. This raises the height that a fish would have to jump even higher. This is probably a good thing because they probably have the "electric fence" that is embedded in the weir crest turned off during the construction work. I'm guessing about that, but I think it's a good guess because part of the work is to replace the weir crest. I make this comment because, in the past, when the electric fence was turned off, summer steelhead were known to be able to jump and clear the Barrier Dam, so they ended up in the river reach between Barrier Dam and Mayfield Dam.

The upshot is that the Barrier Dam is functioning pretty normally during the construction project, and fish stacking up below it move to either side and locate one of the fish ladder entrances that lead to the fish separator where they are collected for the hatchery. Most of the over 1300 summer steelhead collected so far this year have been recycled downstream to the I-5 boat launch.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1067 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645293 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |