LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1060669 - 10/20/22 08:09 AM Powerful elites gather to keep you from fishing.
jgreen Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Elma, WA
I’ll post the links below. But in short, if you think WDFW made frustrating and poor decisions about fishing and hunting in the past; be prepared for much worse going forward. With a few of the terms on the commission that are pro hunting and fishing up soon…they are being targeted by the soy boys to be replaced by anti hunting and fishing advocates who just like taking pretty pictures of animals. It’s not hyperbole. It’s the fact of the matter. WDFW already has distain for you, soon they’ll just flat out hate you and think you should go to jail if you hook a fish.

They have all the usual players. WFC (they hate you). The Conservation Angler (they hate 99% of you). Center For Biological Diversity (probably hate you). Humane Society of the United States (hate people who even own pets) and Washington Wildlife First(hate you if you live in Washington) among others (who certainly at the least think you’re wrong).

Get the picture? Elected officials will be there to “rub elbows” (and god knows what else) with the soy boys. All at an expensive camp on Vashon and catered with all vegan food.

This is the future of the WDFW bird watching, photography and tours of salmon spawning beds for kids in school. That’s it. If they have their way.

Northwest Sports Magazine

Edited by jgreen (10/20/22 08:09 AM)

#1060768 - 10/25/22 09:02 AM Re: Powerful elites gather to keep you from fishing. [Re: jgreen]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
Not a lot of comment here but no surprise. Many posters on this site have a disconnect with supporting political representatives who do not have a pro-hunting and fishing agenda. It’s time to vote them out.

Streamer

#1060769 - 10/25/22 09:34 AM Re: Powerful elites gather to keep you from fishing. [Re: Streamer]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Streamer
Not a lot of comment here but no surprise. Many posters on this site have a disconnect with supporting political representatives who do not have a pro-hunting and fishing agenda. It’s time to vote them out.

Streamer

Ours is a representative government (at least in theory).

Voting out public officials only helps if their replacements are pro-hunting and fishing. Only about 10% of citizens hunt or fish, so we should only expect about 10% of our representation to be sportsfolk. We're in a huge minority, so our issues get very little attention in Olympia. Until a lot more people hunt and fish, that won't (and honestly shouldn't) change, no matter how much we would like it to.

#1060770 - 10/25/22 09:46 AM Re: Powerful elites gather to keep you from fishing. [Re: jgreen]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

Inslee is the one that appoints the people to the WDFW commission, he needs to be out, so we can maybe try to figure this thing out...

also, why do tribes get to pay donations like with Gregiore and vote in our elections, if we cant do the same?

seems kinda counterproductive if you ask me...

#1060772 - 10/25/22 12:46 PM Re: Powerful elites gather to keep you from fishing. [Re: jgreen]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Tribal members have every right to vote, as they are considered a dual citizen. As such, they also have the right to donate. They are restricted in what they can give to individual candidates. What is not right, is that the Tribes are able to donate to different political action committees and other soft money funds. It appears that they have been the tipping edge, giving the Democrats a large source of funds over what the Republicans have available. While this is not different from anyone else, what is different is the amount of money (both directly and indirectly) that flows from the State back to the Tribes. From direct funding of programs to exclusive rights to gambling, off reservation trust land (gas stations are a big example) and other rights that are given exclusively to them that give advantages over others.

There was a local election a few years back when one of the tribes was said to have put forth that they did not care how small the election was, if they felt the individual did not put them first they would spend what ever it took to make sure that candidate did not when.

#1060784 - 10/25/22 09:52 PM Re: Powerful elites gather to keep you from fishing. [Re: jgreen]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
I'm still upset about Andy Walgamott advertising my favorite fishing spots for NW Sportsman's Magazine.

I don't know if Rep Rolfes is up for re-election this year. It would be nice to see where politicians stand on fishing. There are several issues that are taken in when one votes.

#1060785 - 10/26/22 08:32 AM Re: Powerful elites gather to keep you from fishing. [Re: jgreen]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

You can thank Citizens United bringing suit against the FEC to the Supreme Court.

" It was argued in 2009 and decided in 2010. The court held 5-4 that the free speech clause of the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting independent expenditures for political campaigns by corporations, including nonprofit corporations, labor unions, and other associations."

Since then, you have large amounts of "UNIDENTIFIED CASH" flowing from all directions. I for one like to know where the cash comes from. You can still dig into where it is coming from, but it's not easy. Efforts to hide are over the top! If I were a billionaire I would use my cash for recruiting, grooming and financing hunters and rec fishers for political office. But I bet I would be only 1% of the billionaire's that would give a [Bleeeeep!] about fishing and hunting.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (wolverine, steely slammer, 1 invisible), 980 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645365 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |