Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1061801 - 05/02/23 04:18 PM Jay Inslee is out
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

https://www.governor.wa.gov/news-media/inslee-statement-%E2%80%9Cwe%E2%80%99ve-made-washington-beacon-progress-nation-i%E2%80%99m-ready-pass-torch%E2%80%9D
Fingers crossed for a recreation friendly hunting and fishing Governor next term.

Edited by RUNnGUN (05/02/23 04:23 PM)

#1061802 - 05/02/23 07:26 PM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: RUNnGUN]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Better start finding candidates now. And constructing coalitions.

#1061803 - 05/03/23 07:14 AM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: RUNnGUN]
satsop_connoisseur Offline
Alevin

Loc: Satsop River, WA
Hallelujah! Hopefully the next one won' t make us choose between our jobs and a mandate and puts recreational fisheries on an equal playing field as commercials.

#1061806 - 05/03/23 11:49 AM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: RUNnGUN]
TedR Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: South Sound
Considering that Ferguson just said that he is considering running I am not sure this is better.

#1061808 - 05/03/23 09:17 PM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: RUNnGUN]
deadly Offline
Fry

I hope it's good news but the track record in this state doesn't give me alot of hope.

#1061812 - 05/04/23 07:54 AM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: RUNnGUN]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Sitting on the sidelines taking potshots at candidates won't help. The consumptive users of resources need to construct coalitions beginning now and find a truly electable candidate to support.

#1061814 - 05/04/23 09:36 AM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: RUNnGUN]
skyrise Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: snohomish, wa
Worst governor in state history !
Now we need a person who protects and defends the constitution and Liberty and Freedom and will reverse all the unconstitutional garbage that’s been done.

#1061824 - 05/04/23 07:28 PM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: skyrise]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
5/04/2023

Originally Posted By: skyrise
Worst governor in state history !
Now we need a person who protects and defends the constitution and Liberty and Freedom and will reverse all the unconstitutional garbage that’s been done.

Must be a "far righter"?????

Just checked, since I was born, 1940, there have been 9 Democrat and 4 Republican Governors......If you are on the political "right side", you'd better be a doer, not just a talker/or typist or it will be 10 D's and 4 R's governors.

Ohhhhh please list "what YOU feel are the "unconstitutional garbage" that has been done and need to be reversed.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#1061827 - 05/04/23 07:57 PM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: RUNnGUN]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Further, if you think something is unConstitutional take it to Court and prove it.

#1061828 - 05/04/23 09:03 PM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: RUNnGUN]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Proving something it unconstitutional is not that easy, especially when the power of the state is against you. Perhaps if you are independently rich. I actually sat in a council meeting years ago when they were passing a very questionable ordinance. One of the council members asked their lawyer about whether is was constitutional. The lawyer actually stated that they were on very shaky ground and that it probably would not pass muster, but not too worry as the cost of fighting would be too much for most people. He went further on to state that if someone actually did fight it they could drop the charges on that case, allowing the law to stay on the books. They then passed the ordinance. It felt to me like they were committing organized crime. Its been over 30 years and that law is still on the books.

#1061829 - 05/04/23 09:16 PM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: RUNnGUN]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

I just hope we have a choice for a moderate candidate, with a common sense approach to all sides, regardless of party. Tired of the left wing loony's and the right wing wacko's and there antics. And of course, have a candidate that likes to recreate fishing and hunting.

#1061830 - 05/05/23 06:33 AM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: RUNnGUN]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Bob Ferguson, the current Attorney General, has announced that he is going to run. I figured as much; Ferguson has been waiting for Inslee to step aside, so this is his chance. I do not approve of Ferguson as AG, and I don't want him as governor either. He is a left wing progressive, and that's too far left for my political preferences. And I lean to the left. A moderate, of either party, would be a blessing, but moderates can't seem to get past the primaries. My guess is Ferguson will have the greater war chest by a country mile, and therefore the election. A Republican like Rob McKenna, former AG, has the skills a good governor needs, if only he would leave the Catholic dogma behind.

#1061831 - 05/05/23 06:43 AM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: RUNnGUN]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Another thing that popped up with Bob is that the AG's Office has, on more than one occasion, withheld discovery in court cases. Very recently they got fined a bunch plus have to pay the opponents attorney fees plus pay a guy $500/hour to deeply investigate the documents. I believe that he also supports non-disclosure in general, opposing expansion of Freedom of Information requests. Should add that WDFW has similarly lost traparency cases. I'm with Salmo on this.

I was supportive of McKenna until he put on the tea-party hat.

#1061833 - 05/05/23 06:48 AM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: RUNnGUN]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Good points about Ferguson, C-man. Not good governor material. I want more transparency in government, not less.

If not McKenna as the R candidate, who? Everyone else on that side has been a frickin' whacko.

#1061834 - 05/05/23 06:58 AM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: RUNnGUN]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
What is happening?! A political thread without Todd? The truth will be here shortly to guide us....

#1061835 - 05/05/23 07:17 AM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: Carcassman]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
Originally Posted By: Carcassman

I was supportive of McKenna until he put on the tea-party hat.

This here is the problem. Why does it matter what political hat one is wearing? McKenna was one of the more reasonable candidates for governor this state has seen in a while. But people in these parts are so fixated on party that they will pick a worse candidate they probably like less as long is the person aligns with their “team”. Does anyone here truly think Inslee has done a better job in office than McKenna would have? From my perspective, the quality of life in Washington has declined in a variety of metrics during his tenure.

As far as who would be better in the long run for salmon, fishing and hunting it is hard to say, but I’m inclined to believe McKenna would be better for sportsmen and opportunity.

Ferguson is terrible and even worse than Inslee. My fear is he will be our next governor because he is a (D) and some people can’t fathom the idea of voting for an (R) even if they are a considerably better candidate.

Streamer

#1061836 - 05/05/23 07:31 AM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: RUNnGUN]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

I was hoping PCE Bruce Dammeier would stick his foot in the door, but it doesn't sound like he's inerested for now. He is a moderate and they seem to have trouble getting support in the current climate.

#1061837 - 05/05/23 08:06 AM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: RUNnGUN]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Whoever has a plan to clean up the homeless drug vagrant camps and to allow the poiice to do their jobs properly gets my vote.

#1061841 - 05/05/23 10:48 AM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: DrifterWA]
SpoonFed Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
5/04/2023

Ohhhhh please list "what YOU feel are the "unconstitutional garbage" that has been done and need to be reversed.

passing a high capacity magazine ban last year should have been enough. So now my pistol and an ar or ak hold the same amount of ammo, so they do the same amount of damage. logical right? So what was the need to ban "assault" rifles? This is a blatant unconstitutional violation of the 2nd amendment.
Drifter, what does the second amendment say?
What's going on in Illinois right now?
Hopefully sooner than later that happens here.

#1061842 - 05/05/23 11:03 AM Re: Jay Inslee is out [Re: Streamer]
SpoonFed Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: Streamer

Ferguson is terrible and even worse than Inslee. My fear is he will be our next governor because he is a (D) and some people can’t fathom the idea of voting for an (R) even if they are a considerably better candidate.

Streamer

Bingo. Look how fast our country got turned on its head.

-Remember when inslee said that maga republicans are the ones not getting vaccinated and endangering their neighbors? Politicizing chit again. And not focusing on making crime illegal again.
-Remember when jaybob and turd Ferguson tried to smear sheriff Ed troyer in court and make him out to be a racist, even though he has a couple of African American foster children in his family. Not to mention, one of the most polite, shoot you straight officers in the area.
-Remember the 30$ car tabs that we voted on, for them to tell you afterwards. Not gonna happen folks. Tyranny at its finest.

We defaulted on passing a drug possession law but made sure to step on your second amendment rights first. Washington priorities.

We are way better than this guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |