Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#107324 - 01/30/01 11:11 PM Where's the best place to get replica mounts done
Anonymous
Unregistered

Would like to know where is the best place to get a replica mount done. And how much does it cost.

I got a pair of monster Sea run cutts about 6 years ago that I took pics of and let go. I measured the length but never did the girth but have good pics. Im sure they could come close to the actual size with the pics.

Got em on a small river fishin for salmon.
Theese were two of the nicest cutts I ever seen. The buck was 25 5/8in. and the hen was 23 1/4in. . They were really nice once in a lifetime fish.

Id like to get the pair done together.

Any info would help.

#107325 - 01/31/01 01:51 AM Re: Where's the best place to get replica mounts done
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Try David Campbell out of Tacoma or Jeff Lumsden of Still Life Taxidermy in Silver Lake(?) just south of Everett. Nice cutties

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#107326 - 01/31/01 02:15 AM Re: Where's the best place to get replica mounts done
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
Jeff Lumdsen's mailing adress is Everett but he is in the Silver Lake area.

I went to school with his son and having been to his house once or twice over the years he does EXCELLENT work and has won many awards.

------------------
Ryan S. Petzold
aka
Sparkey and/or Special

#107327 - 01/31/01 11:28 AM Re: Where's the best place to get replica mounts done
T Wolf Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Gig Harbor
You might look into Blackwater Trading Company's offerings as well. He does fiberglass reproductions from photo's. I saw some of his work at the Puyallup show and was very impressed. Also being a huge cutt fan myself, I have seen one of his cutt reproductions and will definately have him build one for me. his number in Olympia is 253 584 2817 - Luke Filmer- I think he said he charges around $18 an inch.
T Wolf

#107328 - 01/31/01 10:18 PM Re: Where's the best place to get replica mounts done
steelyhorn hunter Offline
Smolt

Loc: eastside
Dave Campbell is without a doubt the best! You will not be disapointed, gaurenteed!! He's backed-up, and expensive but you are going to be looking at those two fish for along time so it's worth the wait and the extra money...

#107329 - 02/01/01 12:37 AM Re: Where's the best place to get replica mounts done
salmontackler Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Sunny Salmontackler Acres
Rich G, I would love to see your pics of those fish. I stil haven't caught a searun over 21" and would be thrilled to see those fish.

#107330 - 02/01/01 02:44 PM Re: Where's the best place to get replica mounts done
FISHNBRAD Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton,WA
Rich G, I also had a chance to see the work from Blackwater trading Co at the show last weekend, some of the best work I've ever seen. the prices are $18/in for hand painted and $13/in for air brush, these are the prices quoted to me at the time, I don't know if they were show special prices or not. My next 20# + steelhead is going to pose for some pictures for this guy. I'm going with the hand painted. I really liked this guys work.

#107331 - 02/01/01 05:10 PM Re: Where's the best place to get replica mounts done
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
Rich G. Another place you may want to check out is Lyon & O'haver, their located in San Diego and they make the best reproductions I have seen. I had a king done by them a few years ago and everybody thats seen it comments on the excellent detail it has. They aren't cheap, cost me almost $1000 by the time everything was said and done, but I doubt I'll ever catch another fish like that, so it was worth it to me. A friend of mine had one done a year before by someone in Seattle which only cost him $450 and it looks like crap next to mine. If you would like to see some of there work, here is the address, http//www.lyonsandohaver@abac.com

[This message has been edited by AkKings (edited 02-02-2001).]

#107332 - 02/02/01 05:21 PM Re: Where's the best place to get replica mounts done
FreeDrifter Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Vancouver,WA
I would strongly suggest trying Rick Leach. He is located in Portland, OR. He too has won many awards. His work and scenerys are amazing. Give him a call, 503-256-0363.

#107333 - 02/03/01 10:41 PM Re: Where's the best place to get replica mounts done
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for all the help. Made some phone calls and looks like its gonna cost me about 1,000 bucks from whoever does the work. Will let you know who I decide to go with.

#107334 - 02/04/01 03:46 PM Re: Where's the best place to get replica mounts done
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
You know, I have yet to see a good reproduction of a chum in colors. I have pictures of a 24lb buck chum I caught a few years ago. I wanted to have a mount done, but even the "award winning" mounts looked like crap. One blue ribbon mount I saw at the Puyallup Fair a couple years ago looked like a green fish with airbrushed streaks. They looked like crap. I looked at the Blackwater mounts and wasn't impressed there either. Luckily I have a good picture of the fish, it has the most brilliant colors I've seen on a chum. If I'm gonna pay that type of money, I want a quality mount. If any of you have seen a decent Chum mount, let me know.
Thanks...

------------------
you haven't lived til you've rowed a cataraft. Friends don't let friends run Outcasts.

Northwest River Fisherman

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1416 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |