Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#107776 - 02/07/01 05:02 PM Property on the Sol Duc
Wonderer Offline
Egg

Loc: Bothell
Hi, brand new user here. I have an opportunity to buy a parcel of land on the Sol Duc river. I have never been a steelhead or salmon fisherman, but it sounds incredible.

From this property, I could easily get into the river in waders and fish in a nearby hole. I see that much of the fishing is done from a boat, but can I expect to do some effective fishing from a property like this?

Also, I need to learn how to catch these things. What is the best way to go about that (hopefully before I commit to buying the property)?

#107777 - 02/07/01 05:16 PM Re: Property on the Sol Duc
FISHNBRAD Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton,WA
Hi wonderer! I say "buy it and they will come" If not, let me fish there and I'll teach you how to catch these damn things. Or if you change your mind I might be interested in the property. I need a place to shuffle out to when I'm too old to row.

#107778 - 02/07/01 08:37 PM Re: Property on the Sol Duc
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Wanderer ... it all depends where the property is at. Getting up and down the 'Duc on foot is not a terribly easy game. I live on it myself, but alas, don't have a good fishing spot within several hundred yards, so we just get more of a view than we do fishing. I too would be interested in seeing the property if you end up not buying it ... maybe I'll swap you a free trip to show you how to catch them as a finder's fee for that perfect spot for Fishgal and I!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#107779 - 02/07/01 11:19 PM Re: Property on the Sol Duc
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
Hey, you wouldn't happen to have got that property on Ebay did you? I know someone has/had a bid on it. Hey Bob, looks like a decent spot, but I'd assume it's WAY up river. Where the Duc is more a stream not a river. It's been along time since I've been around there, but looks similar to an old property my exgirlfriend's parents had when I was in high school (it was a great bonus, got along with the parents, had a "fun" girlfriend, and had great fishing.) Always caught trout (probably steelhead smolt) but never anything huge.

------------------
you haven't lived til you've rowed a cataraft. Friends don't let friends run Outcasts.

Northwest River Fisherman

#107780 - 02/08/01 01:22 AM Re: Property on the Sol Duc
Wonderer Offline
Egg

Loc: Bothell
I don't know how you guessed that, but I am the one who bid on this property on eBay. It is near Beaver, and it seems to be a serious river at that point. My wife and I looked at it this Saturday and liked it. I am just uncertain about the price, the weather, and whether I can get enough fishing enjoyment out of it to make it worth buying and making the trip from Seattle.

I think I will take my son on a fishing charter down the river just to find out how well we catch on.

BTW, I have no dibs on the property. I am still making up my mind. It depends on the fishing!

#107781 - 02/08/01 03:54 PM Re: Property on the Sol Duc
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
I also check out this property on E-Bay,looks like a nice spot,good luck...Os

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
ET, kbrain57, OLYBEAV
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 534 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |