Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#107907 - 02/10/01 11:23 PM Trophy Harvest In WA
dbadger Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: bremerton,washington,usa
Hey fellow fisherman i just harvested a 31lb steelhead from the Quinaualt River basin what do you have to say?
I love to talk about fishing adventures and share tips. My email address is pbadger@nwinet.com it anyone wants to talk directly. Thank you!! Doug from the olympic Peninsula

#107908 - 02/10/01 11:32 PM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
dbadger Offline
Eyed Egg

Hey Honey,
This is your wife replying...I think you should share more info about the "monster" that you caught on Jan 18th on the Quinault River in Western Washington. A steelhead weighing in at 31 pounds and 7 ounces..the world record being 36 pounds 8 ounces. I am very proud of you...considering you caught this sucker on a 12lb Ande monoline!!!

#107909 - 02/10/01 11:40 PM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Your gonna catch alot more from this post But this one's gonna spit the hook and leave givin you the fin.

Tight lines

Kevin

#107910 - 02/10/01 11:43 PM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
navigator Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Sequim, WA
Hey Kevin,
AMEN!!!!

#107911 - 02/10/01 11:55 PM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
dbadger Offline
Eyed Egg

hEY kEVIN,
IF YOU ONLY COULD EXPERIANCE WHAT i HAVE WENT THREW ON MY 45 MIN BATTLE ON SUCH LIGHT TACKLE YOU COULD ONLY IMAGINE.

#107912 - 02/11/01 12:27 AM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
PGA Offline
Fry

Loc: Issaquah
you kept it? kill the fish, kill the fishing. Did you need the food? Take a picture it will last longer than our runs will. One bad apple!!

#107913 - 02/11/01 12:41 AM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
Are you going for a free-for-all, jackass? Having your wife back you up won't buy you much on this B&B. Wrong place to brag about your Native-Kill. DNA can't be bought at any $ Fiberglass mount's can, eat beef!

#107914 - 02/11/01 12:43 AM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
And you are proud of bonkin this fish?

You made the wrong move posting this here!!!

------------------
"Just say HELL no to sovereign nation!!!!!"
SRBC Boyz

#107915 - 02/11/01 01:00 AM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
dbadger Offline
Eyed Egg

I defense of my husband.....he had 4 other buddies who all whooped and hollered when this fish was caught. After a 45 minute struggle to reel it in, and the encouragement, if you were in his shoes, you would have done the same. He is now having it "mounted" next to Bambi in our living room. I can tell you, I HATE hunting and fishing, but he loves it, and its better than some other things he could be doing.
My husband catches and releases ALL THE TIME and is very environmentally conscious and loves/protects nature at all times.
No one would believe him, had he not banked this fish, and I can bet you, if you were in his shoes you would do the same!!

#107916 - 02/11/01 01:08 AM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Sorry lady but I would not have done the same thing!!!A picture last forever!! All that would have to been done is take a picture and measure for a replica mount.What a shame bonkin this fish

------------------
SRBC Boyz

#107917 - 02/11/01 01:41 AM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
dbadger Offline
Eyed Egg

Again the wife here...Well, I am sorry that the response has been unfavorable...I didn't expect it, but what do I know about the fishing arena, other than what I am told/see.
I was hoping for ecstatic response...oh well, we all learn, eh?
He did get pictures, and perhaps we'll post them???
If anyone thinks this is "neat" or whatever, please let us know. Again, I'm sorry that this wasnt the "cool" or the "right" thing to do in so many of your eyes...and I mean that..i am not being sarcastic.
Thanks and good fishing to all!!! (except me..I'll take the mall thank you!) (Ha!)

#107918 - 02/11/01 02:30 AM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
Aerofly Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle
I am not condoning what he did and nor do I fish the Quinalt, but where does it say that it was native? Like I said I do not fish the Quinalt so I dont know if there is hatchery run fish there or not. But if it was a native them shame on you
Sorry if I am being ignorant not knowing the runs at quinalt.

#107919 - 02/11/01 02:43 AM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
Leadslinger Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Wa,USA
I think dbadger is just jerking our chain a bit.Nice try,sport.By the way 12lb ande isn't light.I've bent hooks on 12lb.
Show us the pictures or 'fess up to playing us and not the fish.

#107920 - 02/11/01 02:56 AM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
dbadger Offline
Eyed Egg

so you want to be an environmentalist or what ever you are so let it be! the friggin indians can gill net every fish the can get there stinkin hands on! who are you to say I'm a killer of this species. So you are to think the FRIGGIN INDIANS GET THERE SHARE OF FISH! DO you think the indians are angles! let me tell you you mr. chrome/22 and little timberman you read to many comic books and listen to too many little ladies who think they kwow how to tie a knot. Your a jackass form spitting your mouth at something you have no idea what your talking about. My wife in this conversation is about as far as you want to go Jackass. you are very ignorant, inexperienced, immature, unless you from the pacific northwest you can just sit back and drool over my adventures. YOU ONLY LIVE ONE TIME and do you think one time I can share one experiance with somebody who might think "great catch"In stead I get a little needle who thinks there a fisherman.Yes I'm proud of bonking this fish! I was with one of your Indians when it happened Jackass!!!!

#107921 - 02/11/01 03:09 AM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
dbadger Offline
Eyed Egg

Mr leadslinger, My 43 in X 25 in gerth steelhead is being mounted at this very time I can not give you a picture at this time I just harvested it last week. once in a life time you live this experiance so let it be! Catch your little lake trout, and use your little bobbers and putt-putt in you ponds!!!!

#107922 - 02/11/01 03:31 AM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Little Timber man!!!hahahaha If you only new!!Your a nate bonkin phuckin jackass I think this whole post was to jerk chains.Talk about ignorant how much more ignorant can you get bonkin a nate.As far as callin them "my indians" maybe you better read my signature JACKASS!!TM

So now you say it was 43x25 do the math you are sayin it was a 34.6 lb thought you said it was 31 fish

------------------
SRBC Boyz

[This message has been edited by Timber man (edited 02-11-2001).]

#107923 - 02/11/01 03:45 AM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
dbadger Offline
Eyed Egg

Mr timber what ever you think you want to be. Are you still wearing you wifes underwear? to bad you might want to try wearing mens briefs that hold a package instead of a wussy! Do you tie your own knots or do you still sleep outside with the kittens? You need to grow up and listen to what people are trying to say to your dumb fass instead of trying to let people think you may know a little something. You must be from the midwest or ? DO you want to meet somewhere and settle this little fit-fat. I'm from Kitsap County, wash state I'll drive a distance to help you grow up. So either respond to a man to man courtship or just lay back and continue to wear your wifes panties.

#107924 - 02/11/01 07:00 AM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
Yarf'em Offline
Parr

Loc: Port Orchard, Wa. USA
What a shame, Truely a loss. I have released a 42.5x23 and a 38x22 this year and have wonderful pics to show for it. Both native. the fish I did keep was a hog hatchery caught last Fri at 36x22 looked like a football and chrome bright. On the digital scale in Monty it wieghed in at 21lb11oz, And maybe I should have released him to. But to boust about keeping a Nate is a shame. I would be sorry to be you and have to go down water that we all don't get a chance to fish without being guided. Sorta like shooting deer in a fenced yard........

#107925 - 02/11/01 10:18 AM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
hawk Offline
Spawner

Loc: austin, Minnesota, USA
Hey D badger. If you would have spent a little more time on this board, you would ralize it is mostly dominated by catch and release fisherman on native fish. I fish in a Zipperlip river every year, where we catch steelheads in excess of 20 pounds. 4 of us spend a lot of cash to make this trip. After three trips, and 12 fish over 20 pounds, I am proud to say, they were all released to fight another day. If you look very far, you can see that in comparison to the rest of the country, your salmonids are in a pretty sad state of affairs. You can't catch them again, if you kill em.

You should be proud of landing a fish that big, but even prouder taking some pics, getting some measurements, and having a replica made. The replicas available are better in quality than the real McCoy. 12 pound test, nice job, but you can bend size 1 an 2 hooks pretty easily with 12 pound maxima and a good rod. We lead 30 pound kings around like they arte on a dog leash in the fall on our rivers with 10 pound maxima and a 9 weight fly rod. Keep us in touch with your "adventures" but hopefully the next one is about a toad that you released. Take the high road and show your buddies what they should do in regards to taking care of these fish. Don't be concerned, because if the current mentality pervails, you'll be sitting on the bank in March and April up on the Oly penn, wondering why the season is closed. I'll look forward to seeing yuou in Wisoconsin and Michigan, when all your fish are gone.

Wouldn't use the frickin Indians kill all the fish with their nets crutch either. Hitler killed all kinds of people, and it didn't ever make it right.

As other posters mentioned, I am hoping that you simply posted this too jerk a bunch of chains. If so, mission accomplished. I wouldn't refer to the members of this board as "environmentalist" in a derrogatory manner. I would be happy as would many others, if you want to call me a stup*d as*hole who wants there to be wild fish around for his kids to catch and release. I'll wear that badge with pride.

Nuff said

#107926 - 02/11/01 12:28 PM Re: Trophy Harvest In WA
dbadger Offline
Eyed Egg

ok- ok. its funny how we as people must stereo type one another. Lable him as a ignorant person for keeping a Native fish. So let it be it was the Indian who incouraged me to do so! I so mush hate to let you know more about me. I've released more native steelhead in my life than you could even fathom. I've contributed more time in the save the King program on the Willipa and elk river and the North River. I'm from Grays Harbor originally. And I drive extensive miles of my own time to do my share. You have no idea who your up against and what you think your talking about. I've released more fish than days you've been alive. I pay my dues and respects to the balance of nature. So much I keep 1 great fish in my life. And you go and label me as an abuser of the system? I so much even share my experiance to this lousy system you call "WE the people on this internet release all native fish" You make me sick to my stomach. I'm probably the most loyal S.O.B. you would ever want to meet. I pick up more trash from the woods' used fish line that may compile up in places that you fish. I would be simply ashamed to be living in your shoes and lable yourself as a honest fisherman. So Mr Port Orchard man would you like to meet somewhere in Kitsap County and talk about your problems over a cup of coffee. No I'm not angry or upset I'm just a little derailed over all of the Negative feedback that I did not deserve. So as of this day of Feburary rolles on to an end take a good look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself one question! Did I respond correctly to that mans catch. No you did not. Lets keep your opinions to your self and not make a habit of keeping natives. So goodbye fisherman. Enjoy the outdoors, snuff out your campfires, take your trash home with you so others may enjoy. We need more people like ME!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
crazycat, Fishgal
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 548 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63787 Topics
645459 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |