Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#108145 - 02/14/01 04:52 PM Low water drifts
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
Any suggestions on good drifts with these low water conditions?

I have a cabin on the Sol Duc this weekend. We drifted from the Salmon hatchery on Mary Clark road to Maxfield at 4 or 5 boards about a month ago. I don't think I will try that again!

Is Maxfield to Whitcomb-Dimmel passable at 4 boards?

I've also been thinking about driftin the Quileute from Leyendecker to the Dickey. Can you row back up the Dickey to the Bridge?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
GutZ

#108146 - 02/14/01 06:33 PM Re: Low water drifts
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard Wa Kitsap
The duc at the levels its gonna be at this weekend will be dicey on any drift. The Max to Whitcom has one rapid and will be showing rocks. They are driftable but its bouncy and you better know they way! There aint much room for error. The more rapids the more chances for somthing bad to happen.
The Yute on the other hand will be fine. You can row up the dickey...I use my electric motor though. And hopefully youll have a high tide when ya get there. Good Luck.

#108147 - 02/14/01 07:13 PM Re: Low water drifts
fishaday Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo,WA.
Gutz- you can float the maxfield to whitcomb-dimmel drift at 4 brds. I floated in september for silvers at minus boards , the only bad spot is right at the bottom of the shuwah rapids. Rocks will be exposed and you are gonna bonk but it's not bad. At the top move left and stay left till the bottom you'll see the 3 big rocks ,sometimes you can weasel through there at 3-4 boards .

Float the 2 lower floats on the Bogie they should be ok. Hatchery to wilsons or from wilsons to lyndecker.

Another note, if you float that chunk on the Sol Duc go slow it's only 4 miles and you can get to the takeout in a flash.

Good Luck!!! fishaday

#108148 - 02/14/01 10:04 PM Re: Low water drifts
'Head hunter Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Shelton, WA.
I'm going this weekend, as well, and it was supposed to be on the SolDuc. But at 4 boards I dont think so for now. We were supposed to go with a guide for 2 drifts: mostly a run to learn the water on Saturday, then fish either Maxfield to Whitcomb-Dimmel or W-D to ITT the next 2 days in my own boat. What's W-D to ITT like at low water??
If we dont like the looks of the water there are always other options open; Bogachiel or Hoh.
My guide just called, and we talked about other options. There's a little rain forecast for the next few days, maybe things will improve a little. We'll see.

#108149 - 02/15/01 09:17 AM Re: Low water drifts
fishaday Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo,WA.
Headhunter, the douple rapids section of the Duc is on that float from dimmell to rayonier. Probally not your best choice (bonk, bonk, bonk) if you asked me .

#108150 - 02/15/01 11:54 AM Re: Low water drifts
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Hey Guts,

Your probably out rain dancing, but Fishing the Quil-and up the Dickey would be a good bet. I feel your pain brah, when you have the plan and conditions are not dialed. But with ambition you should have success. Hoh too. I would not reccommend the doubles with as low as she is-you will pinball your way down.

#108151 - 02/15/01 12:38 PM Re: Low water drifts
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
As always, I greatly appreciate the advice and information. Thanks Too All.

GutZ

Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, please let it Rain.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |