Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#108606 - 02/24/01 10:35 PM Fillet and release
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just read the report about the multiple fillet and released steelhead on the Hoko and am disturbed. I saw the same thing Thursday on the upper Boggie above 101.

It really bothers me that people lack so much respect. I wish there was somthing we could do. I think they should be casterated.

#108607 - 02/26/01 01:04 PM Re: Fillet and release
skyrise Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: snohomish, wa
Sounds like a typical "Poacher". They dont care about the future, they want all right NOW. Take thier license away forever!

#108608 - 02/26/01 01:29 PM Re: Fillet and release
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Somehow, I don't think they even own a license.

Make poaching nates a felony in WA State.. With WA's "3 Strikes and your sorry-butt will be locked in Walla Walla for LIFE" policy, that *might* make people think twice about poaching. Taking away a license, paying a small fee, and having your Mickey Mouse Zebco pole consficated is a damn joke!

That might also keep a lot of the soon-to-be poachers off of the soon-to-be CLOSED rivers.

Parker

[This message has been edited by parker (edited 02-26-2001).]

#108609 - 02/26/01 02:09 PM Re: Fillet and release
FISHNBRAD Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton,WA
I'm all for taking their licenses away for ever, but they need to be caught first. I usually mind my own business, but if I saw somebody poaching wild steelhead I would be on my cell phone in the blink of an eye. One good thing is that, these guys have bad things comming from the fish gods. Let's hope the gods aren't kind.

#108610 - 02/27/01 05:56 PM Re: Fillet and release
flyfisher1066 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Man what an appalling story. Remember everyone that the poaching hotline is on the back of your license. Here it is just so that we all get used to seeing it:
1-800-477-6224
Take your cell phone and bust these idiots when you see them, there are far too many of them. They've just about single-handedly destroyed certain wild runs, such as the Bogachiel. I concur that poaching should carry a more imposing penalty and that enforcement needs to improve. The incident on the Hoko breaks my heart, we need those fish desperately for that small stream.

#108611 - 02/27/01 07:20 PM Re: Fillet and release
Schlab Offline
Parr

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Because Puget Sound Chinook are on the endangered/threatned list, it will now be a felony to keep a wild chinook in Puget Sound. If wild steelhead stocks ever make it to the list, then we'd have some real teeth to go after these bottom dwellers.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1442 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |