Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#108672 - 02/26/01 09:35 PM OP whats the point
Anonymous
Unregistered

For all you guys planning on coming out to the coast this weekend, dont waste your time. If you dont want to catch fish than come on out. With the conditions as they are the fish are few and far between, and with the added presure they are sure to be spooked and lockjawed.

Im not writeing this to keep you away but only to give you a heads up. If you dont believe me call Bob at Olympic Sporting goods and he will tell you the same thing.

I fish almost everyday out here and with the rivers almost to my self ive still had to work real hard to catch a few fish.

On the other hand the weather is great.

#108673 - 02/26/01 10:30 PM Re: OP whats the point
K B Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Woodinville WA
Thanks for the report but with the rivers closing over here I'll see ya this weekend

#108674 - 02/26/01 10:42 PM Re: OP whats the point
Hugh Heffner Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Playboy mansion
Thanks for the heads up, RICH G, sucks that half of the Western Puget Sound area fishers are gonna be keeping you costal boys company in the next couple months. Not me, thanks. I'm going to wait 'til the Johhny come latelys get in a few fights and eat it on the 'Duc and then I'll come over and fish with the guides I have booked in March and April. Let's give a big thanks to our fine state of Washington fisheries managers when people start flipping boats and getting shot when they couldv'e been back in the Seattle metro area doing some C&R. I feel for ya, RICH G, but it's going to be a circus out there this year!!! Peace and pray for rain.

#108675 - 02/27/01 01:02 AM Re: OP whats the point
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im not to worried about the added presure out here I know lotts of places where Ill still be alone. You are right about a few boats tipping over. Seems like people get an itch and whant to bite off a little more than they can chew. This year your not gonna be able to do any runs on the Duc blind without beating the hell out of your boat and possibly sinking it.

Looks like Ill be stayin away from the Hoh this spring. Might as well stay off the Duc too just not enough fish to go around and the ones that are there are gonna be really spooked.

The Clawah is so low and clear you can see 25ft deep. And the Bogie is the size of goodman right now.

Ill tell ya, its gonna be slim pickens boys.

One thing for sure i bet we see more of what happened to Bob's rig. Lotts of guys out here that dislike outsiders and really dislike them when the fishin gets tough. Its a shame but the truth.

#108676 - 02/27/01 01:36 PM Re: OP whats the point
flyfisher1066 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
I can corroborate this report. I've been stomping all over the OP the past weeks and the fishing has never been tougher. I haven't even had a hookup in quite a while and I've hardly spotted anything. I suggest that anyone who would like to see more fish than people should try some other options around the state, and maybe even up in Canada. I myself am moving south this weekend in search of better fishing. Kalama here I come, although I'm not optimistic. RAIN!!!!

#108677 - 02/27/01 02:07 PM Re: OP whats the point
Hugh Heffner Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Playboy mansion
I'll vouch for Rich's report, he's not bluffing. The fishing does suck on the OP right now. I had a guide trip booked for this weekend that is all but getting canceled as we speak. Rain, where are you?

#108678 - 02/27/01 02:51 PM Re: OP whats the point
fishaday Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo,WA.
I can also attest to the slow fishing on the OP rivers. I'm usually out there 2-3 times a month, last saturday I only had one hookup in 6 hrs fishing slow, slow, slow. The rivers are the lowest I've ever seen this time of year. The Bogie ,Calawah and Duc are little creeks right know. You'd pinball your way down them bonk,bonk,bonk. We need some rain BAAAAADDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, Carcassman), 1459 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |