Rate This Topic
#108716 - 02/27/01 04:10 AM Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
INTERVIEW WITH THE OLYMPIC PENINSULA'S GUIDE JIM MANSFIELD

THE INTERVIEW

4. How do you feel about C&R Fishing?
I feel C&R has no place as a fishery. I feel that when these fish have reached their spot they need NOT to be harassed, let them do their spawning as the eagles should be their only worry. Bob Ball has not fished any open water yet all C&R areas he's a killer and knows it.

6. What would you do about it?
I would close all C&R areas period no fishing for any species. If people want to let them go it's their choice. The game department knows that there are runs that are in great shape. Why would they raise the limit to 10 instead of 5.
My mom is on the city council and Forks wants what best for the resource, the city was the one whom got it to 10 after a long talk with the mayor and other city officials. Bob Ball thinks he can make changes here in Forks he's wrong, they are on to him. I have the word out on him. You can bet I'm watching and listening.

What the hell is this all about?

------------------
"Just say HELL no to sovereign nation!!!!!"
SRBC Boyz

#108717 - 02/27/01 04:17 PM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
skyrise Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: snohomish, wa
Was this guy elected King or is he the Lord of the Olympic Penninsula? Sounds like he thinks he owns the place over there. He better take notice of whats going on over on the populated side of western wa. Its all coming his way eventually. Oh and catch and release has not worked in, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Most of the entire world. Yes c&r is a total failure you know. Sounds to me like this guy is scared, when the state starts using it more and finding how well it works. Gee just like it does in B.C.
How amazing!

#108718 - 02/27/01 06:08 PM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
stilly bum Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SnoCo
Bob is proving to be the bigger man by not participating in the online pissing matches.

#108719 - 02/27/01 07:23 PM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Pissin match hell if I see Mansfield in forks next time I'm there I will beat his ass...its not a threat its a promise....what a low thing to do!!!!!To talk about someone like that!!TM

------------------
"Just say HELL no to sovereign nation!!!!!"
SRBC Boyz

#108720 - 02/27/01 10:01 PM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where did you get this interview from?

I dont see how the Forks city council has any say in how many fish can be retianed.

The sad thing about theese rivers is that the biggest drawing point is that you can kill wild fish.

8 out of 10 guys that I talk to on the rivers out here are there to get one for the table.

If you release a nice fish most people ask you why instead of agreeing you did the right thing.

#108721 - 02/27/01 10:05 PM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
Catch n Fillet Offline
Fry

Loc: seattle
Iam not going to take sides on this.. but Timberman if you have a beef with Mansfield take it up with him not in this public forum.Bob iam sure can take care of himself! Maybe a private e-mail would have been the approiate thing in this case?? THREATING TO BEAT someones"ASS" NOT ONLY CONSTITUTES POSSIBLE HARRASSMENT CHARGES AGAINST YOU BUT ALSO MAKES YOU LOOK BAD. JUST MY OPINION,PEACE OUT

#108722 - 02/28/01 02:55 AM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
salmontackler Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Sunny Salmontackler Acres
So, should we look forward to Jim "Charlie Manson" Mansfield at the meetings of the "Wild Steelhead Commission"? I think not, he and who follow his thoughts will soon ask "would you like fries with that, sir" Get Lost Mansfield! Anjie, "Awesome Comments" my big hairy ass!!!!

[This message has been edited by salmontackler (edited 02-27-2001).]

#108723 - 03/01/01 03:18 PM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
skyrise Offline
Returning Adult

And what do you know, they shut down the Queets for wild fish. Stay tuned theres more to come. Just thinking of all those natives spawning in the Queets, kinda gives you goose bumps. Two thumbs up to the Park Service!

#108724 - 03/01/01 09:03 PM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
While I was initially defensive of some of these attacks, the character of these two has become well-known and that takes care of everything I don't mind sharing though that I got a pretty good chuckle yesterday morning though as just after their latest round of bad-mouthing C&R and my practices ... who else launches at Minnie Peterson (selctive fishery water) with me in the morning. Ha! More than enough said

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#108725 - 03/01/01 09:35 PM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
I have been in a rowing match with mansfield on the lower Hoh! He is awesome, I can not tell you that a X guide in his prime how impressed that I was! For anyone to think that he needs any backing for any problems or that he would have time for any illegal activity's is bull. I fish alot so all I can tell you is please pay some respect to both Bob and Jim !! this is America!!

#108726 - 03/02/01 12:55 AM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
anadromous1 Offline
Egg

Loc: Vashon,Wa,USA
well bob...I was raised with...manners...
if you don't have anything good to say about someone...then...say nothing.
You can shut it down at anytime...to be a hate monger by letting it go on?
I have personally seen you practicing some very unethical fishing...for a catch and re...lease guy that you claim to be...dragging fish down the river for your photo op's...it otta be oops...talk about
stress on the fish...you otta just kill'em and put'em out of the misery you're inflicting on them...
your wanna be's that think you're the be all to ...end all...that's what you'll end up doing...ending it all.
they come to your defense like little puppies.
you need to run your forum better.
Jelousy...is what it all comes down to.
More orginized groups!...yeah...we need more of these like we need more taxes.
i remember when you showed up here from oregon?...
if the last pissin match was'nt bad enough...with guides in court last spring...
and the same so...called guide right there at lyndecker spreading hate and discontent...pointing fingers...and accussing people of vandalism...he otta just move away...and no one would miss him...
no names...and you know who...
so...do the right thing!...do not spread hate and discontent...you reap what you sow.
if ya' don't...well a virus will...
tim......ber...earth first...we'll log the other planets later!

#108727 - 03/02/01 02:42 AM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

That is right earth first!!!!!The comment I made earlier wasn't right and I am sorry for that..But all the bad mouthin seems to come from Mansfield!!!!Never once have I seen a bad word against "them" from Bob!!!and yes WE WILL LOG THE OTHER PLANETS LATER!!!!!!TM

#108728 - 03/02/01 02:56 AM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
A1,

You are not being fair or impartial.

I'll admit from the get-go that Bob is a friend of mine, and that I have a high opinion of him and his fishing, be it personal or professional.

That said, I haven't noticed him participatin g in the stupid conversations that seem to be abounding about and between Forks guides.

I think Bob has distanced himself, and not only that, but the obvious support he has been getting, not just here, shows that he has acted correctly.

Bob has not accused anyone for the vandalism to his rig and trailer, at least not publicly (which is all I know). I also noticed that Jim posted on another BB that not only was he not responsible, but that he had an idea who was and said that "we'll find out who did it" or something to that effect.

Thank you, Mr. Mansfield, for stepping up to the plate and making it clear that us as sportsmen, and you as guides, are all on the same team, regardless of personal feelings.

Even if Bob was "dragging a fish down the river for ... photo ops", which I know Bob wouldn't do, and "stress[ed]" them, which ALL fishing does, does that justify killing a native steelhead that takes a part of the gene pool away for more native fish?

The answer is an obvious "NO". Dead fish don't spawn, i.e., a fish hit upside the head with a billy club will not pass on its genes.

I'm a realist, fish C&R'd are worse off than fish never hooked. However, they're a damn sight better off than those hit with a baseball bat or a rock.

Why not have an organized group? First off, the Wild Steelhead Coalition is not "Bob's group". It started here on this BB, and was immediately joined by many others, including Bob, in furthering actions that result in more native steelhead in our rivers, to the benefit of all.

We, sportsmen, have been shortchanged by the WDFW, NMFS, etc. To form a political/legal group comprised of those who benefit individually, socially, and economically from association, is the smartest and most effective thing to do. Unless we have the political ear and the economic power, what do we expect to get from "our" officials"?

Let's all remember that if we want more steelhead to fish for and catch, then we're on the same team. We can argue the details, but the overall goal is the same.

More fish in the rivers equals more fish to catch. For the regular Joe's like me, that means a better chance to catch fish. For guides like Bob, Jim, Guy, Pat, Letty, Gordy, Rob, Dec, John, Dennis, and countless others, it means a chance to make a living doing the most fantastic thing in the world: fishing for steelhead.

Dump the crap, get together, and make something happen.

Todd Ripley

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 03-02-2001).]

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#108729 - 03/02/01 11:08 AM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
fishaday Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo,WA.
I think Todd hit the nail right square on the head!!!!!!

#108730 - 03/02/01 01:21 PM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
anadromous1 Offline
Egg

Loc: Vashon,Wa,USA
To the minions...
as i said...we need more hate mongers like we need...more legal advice...or legal parasites...as even honest Abe said..."One day...lawyers will become the bane of us all",and he otta know...he was a member of the parasite club.
Gee Todd...you should know who you call a friend?...before you do!.
As i have witnessed him personally...dragging fish...even one on his site was taken by someone else who came to the fishes rescue to photo op it as he was trying to take a pic by himself!.
Capitalism...me...me...mine...I want my share...yuk...to many people and not enough resource. Mother nature throws curves and most people are not savy enough to figure out trends and cycles.
Oh...i should be thanking who?...for more fish in the rivers?.
To call you guys a bunch of girls would be bad rapping them...woman as a whole...babies is more like it.
As for the wild steelhead coalition...scary!
organized groups are not...organized...they are formed...and they are all corrupt...can you say...Religion...blak..yuk..
personal gain...then
WAKE UP...would'nt it be hunky dory if we could all get along?...one people...one planet...cause if not...we're all going down together.Let's all do the one thing we like? go fishing!
quit pointing fingers and casting blame...and just Cast...for fish.
ewww a derby...sounds like a lame idea...
for are ego's let's all see who can whack the most...and biggest fish...dumb and dumber...dumb crambo...yup it's even a word. how about ethics...did ya release the one where you and fish gal have your paws all over it...gill plates and all...the one pic on your wild dead fish page...nuff said and i will not be stopping by this site ever again until i here that there are real!...ethical people generating positive concious thoughts...instead of brain dead city dwellers spewing hate and discontent.
oh by the bye...timber...i sent this page to Jim...remember...concious thought...that means thinking before you speak...for every action there is a reaction!. K
Be Stihl...my beating heart ...log on.
A licensed captain and guide who bad mouthes no other guides because we all share one common bond...the love of fishing...
So don't let the saying become true...What is a fisherman?...one jerk waiting for another...jerk!.
ciao

#108731 - 03/02/01 02:18 PM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA , USA
Since he says he won't be back, can I be the first one to say good riddance to him first? It's guys like that, whom make it hard to get us other guys organized as one, the only good point that he made.

LATER.....Buddy!

The FishNg1

Dad, think that if I practice hard, they'll let me participate in the SRC ?
[Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers....Join your local chapter. CCA member

#108732 - 03/02/01 02:38 PM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
A1,

Bye, we're going to miss you. Maybe we'll send you a nice fruit basket, along with a book on how to punctuate a sentence.

I see your mistake......you think we care what you have to say. Well, we don't. Still, I wouldn't pi$$ off "the minions", and let your mouth keep writing checks your body can't cash.

Now, don't go away mad........just go away.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#108733 - 03/02/01 02:47 PM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
fishaday Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo,WA.
Don't let the forums door hit ya where the good lord split ya!!!!!!!!!seeeeyaaaaah!

#108734 - 03/02/01 02:55 PM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
skyrise Offline
Returning Adult

Todd, thanks for staying on the high road. I myself do not personally know Bob, or does he know me (was at the initial meeting of WSC at Teds with you all). I cannot accept people trashing, stealing someone elses property. And as for garbage that has been posted here and on other sites lets end it now. We all say we care about Steelhead and thier future well STAND UP AND BE COUNTED ! For once a group of anglers gets together and tries to make changes for the better, and we get *****ing and complaining. If you do not support things like this then give a straight forward response why without all the garbage and leave it at that. I for one want to see Steelhead runs in this state as good as anything on the planet. thanks, just my 2 cents.

#108735 - 03/02/01 05:26 PM Re: Mansfeild badmouthin Bob
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
A1

You keep attacking the people that support Bob calling us hate mongers and parasites, then go on to say we need to get along and not bash each other. Well I'm still trying to figure out which face you are really talking with. Perhaps when YOU figure it out you could let us know. While you are trying to figure that out maybe you should give this some thought...

There are areas on a river where it just isn't safe to try land a fish, either the water you are fishing is too fast to drop the hook or let off the oars and there isn't a gravel bar close to where you hook the fish. What are you supposed to do under those circumstances? Net the fish and bring it in the boat then release it? Seems to me it would be better and safer for the fish and the fishermen to drag the fish downstream to an area where the fish could be safely landed and released.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
crappieking, steelheadpimpjuice
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1216 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |