Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#110061 - 03/23/01 11:06 PM Pennisula P's & Q's
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
What ever happen to river etiquette? One of the things I use to really like about the O.P. was the respect we use to have for each other on the river, Is it possible to go back to those standard's I know I'm sure tired of the new routines I have been seeing out there, help!!!

#110062 - 03/24/01 12:07 AM Re: Pennisula P's & Q's
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
FAST,

It's the same story as the freeways. More people and less etiquette. Some just don't know any better, and some do but don't care.

It's something you see statewide, and with the increased pressure on the OP rivers due to closures elsewhere, you'll see it up there too.

Fish on...........

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#110063 - 03/24/01 12:19 AM Re: Pennisula P's & Q's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ive notticed it. Ive been pushed out of some places this year cause I just dont want to deal with it. Fortunately there are still places you can get away from the people. There may not be as many fish but then agian there arnt as many or any people.

Id rather fish alone in peace and catch few fish than in a crowd of rude fisherman. Nothin pisses me off worse than a guy walking in and casting three feet below ya on a creek like goodman, especially when your the only two guys out there.

#110064 - 03/26/01 01:41 AM Re: Pennisula P's & Q's
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
I know EXACTLY why river etiquette is the way it is. It's not the closures, it's the damned Californians that have invaded WA state. They have taken over everything (ever see how rude they can be in CA???) smile No offense to any of you Californians, just making a joke.

Been fishing the O.P. most of my life. Used to fish all over it growing up. Now that I'm older have to hit more of the Southern O.P. rivers, and only make the ocassional trips to the upper west O.P. rivers that I love to much (just hard to make a 3+ hour drive with the kids).

I personally feel, it's alot of the new people out there fishing that have that (I'm all that) attitude. Not saying it's bad that there is new people fishing (the sport won't stay alive unless we keep the next generations fishing) it's just that most never have been taught respect and courtesy. I remember being able to float down a river and say "hi" to a banker or fellow boater and ACTUALLY CONVERSE with them. You do that now and all you get is a glare or are completely ignored. Very rarely do you say "good morning" and you get one back.

I would like to say the "good ole days" will come back, but doubt it. It's seems we as sportsman are getting more and more divided then coming together.

Well, just my .02, could say more, but starting to get heated up.....

Northwest River Fisherman

#110065 - 03/26/01 03:45 PM Re: Pennisula P's & Q's
Rysemus Offline
Fry

Loc: Snohomish, wa

#110066 - 03/26/01 04:46 PM Re: Pennisula P's & Q's
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
crazy,

Nothing wrong with what you did in my book. Probably just pissed them off that they either:
a) Weren't skilled enough to hook the fish you did,

b) gave up too quickly and then got bent when you stepped in and hooked fish.

Either way I wouldn't worry about it. No etiquette violation for you

Fish on............

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#110067 - 03/27/01 12:24 AM Re: Pennisula P's & Q's
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Ditto from me ... as much as we'd all love to have the whole river to ourselves, it's not realistic.

One way to look at it is to ask yourself "Did I affect their chances by doing what I did?" Nope, no harm here except perhaps a bruised ego for them!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 794 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |