#111139 - 04/06/01 12:29 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
GreenSauks Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Not sure, but I don't think you can keep nates on the Kispiox either

#111140 - 04/06/01 12:43 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
PiperFLA Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bremerton WA, USA
Dont they use the metric system up in canada?? that would put that poor lifeless creature at about 39 centimeters. last time I checked that was about 14"... Yeah Bank Walker, she's a triploid all right. :p :p

#111141 - 04/06/01 01:15 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
Quote:
It has always puzzled me why C&R advocates think so highly of themselves WRT preservation of the species. I mean, if you hook a fish that just swam upstream 100 miles, then fight it for 1/2 an hour with a hook stuck in its mouth, do you think it's going to be in any mood to spawn, if it survives at all?

Would you shoot a deer with a bow-n-arrow (carefully, in a non-lethal location), then track it until it is too weak to run, patch up its wound, and send it on its way? Of course not. The deer might not survive. Why do this to fish?

First of all, Finegrain's reply cracks me up becuase it proves no point at all.

ODFW has done studies on C&R fish...tagged...and still went to spawn. I personally have seen fish in the holding pens with broken lures in their mouths, and other body parts....in line to spawn.

Next answer. The deer population is the highest it has ever been in history so the harvesting of a deer totally differs from that of an endangered fish. My late grandfather shot a genetically inferior spike, but his scope was off. He hit the deer in a non-lethal area....front right leg, right above the kneecap. We tracked that deer with dogs all the way to a river, and lost the deer when the deer went into the river. The following deer season, that crippled buck was back out in the field. He was limping, but the sumbeeyotch was still trying to mount does. Of course a precise bullet brought him down, and his inferior genes could not be passed on.

You totally underestimate the survival rate of animals, and also their sex drive. It takes over normal behavior.

I guess you just like to hear yourself speak, but don't come to a battle of wits unarmed.

AND LASTLY, THE CHIEFS SUCK SO MUCH ASS!

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#111142 - 04/06/01 03:02 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
The Redneck do have away with words ...don't he laugh

AS for you stubby :p You answered my question if that fish came out of where you said it did....then the rest of you're questions are total freaking BS.....cut us all some slack......See Ya...........Os

A troll is a troll rolleyes

#111144 - 04/06/01 06:12 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
Returning Adult

That sheep is a liar!

Besides Femfisher, I only gather my evidence after watching these so-called "controlled experiments" Osprey performs down on the farm. :p :p :p

#111146 - 04/06/01 07:41 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ya, all those wooly girlfriends of 'Yall are ALL liars. Ya, right. laugh

#111147 - 04/07/01 03:43 AM Re: Slab Steelhead
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
"gosh darn???" RT you know I don't talk like that!!!! laugh laugh IT WAS $H!T...RT

[ 04-07-2001: Message edited by: Timber man ]

#111148 - 04/07/01 04:30 AM Re: Slab Steelhead
Desertdog Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Winnemucca Nv
I hope and pray that washington can go C/R on wild fish. It is the only way that the fisheries will ever have any chance of being anything close to what they once were. It is one of the best management tools available to us for restoring and maintaining world class fisheries. It has worked repeatedly in numours locations throughout the country.

I am fortunate to have several trophy trout lakes to chose from. The ones with the largest trophies are all restricted rules and harvest. We get to catch those fish over and over and over. 40 and 50 fish days are not uncommon on rainbows averageing 3-5 lb. and some as large as 10. In a float tube on a 6wt rod on dries not much better cept maybe summerrun. Restrictions are 1 fish over 20" barbless artifcial lures. It is a great fishery because it is restricted.

With Stealhead a restriction of C/R is reasonable.

As for the nets, there is nothing to be gained by using that issue as an excuse. It is not going to change or go away in the forseeable future so get over it and move on to something that we can control.

I was really pleased to see RT's post about the mortality study in Or. Solid scientific data that we should all be familiar with so we can defend our pasttime in a rational manner.

Also SS never said anything about killing a nate in his original post. He just wanted to know where he could go for one that he could bonk. The Cowlitz comes to mind to me.

One last thing. I would be willing to wager that Washington has more prostitutes than Nevada legal or not.

Just my 2 cents worth

Desertdog

[ 04-07-2001: Message edited by: Desertdog ]

I fish therefore I am

#111149 - 04/07/01 04:32 AM Re: Slab Steelhead
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
Short_Stick-
Isnt the Kispiox closed to the killing of steelhead?? Actually isnt illegal to kill a wild steelhead anywhere in BC?

Besides I have seen tons of pictures of Kispiox fish and I have yet to see one that has the characteristics of the fish in the picture.

#111150 - 04/07/01 05:44 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
Ripalip Offline
Fry

Loc: Centralia WA
Hey Superfly where did you get the four 20 pounders and were they natives or hatchery?

#111151 - 04/07/01 07:27 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
Short_Stick Offline
Alevin

Loc: Spokane
Ryan S. Petzold,

Pictures tell the story. There is no way that fish came out of the Skeena. It is actually a Skagit fish that I took earlier this year.

#111152 - 04/07/01 08:53 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
rcl187 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Sedro-Woolley, Wa
Exactly when "this year" did you take that fish? Having come from Woolley I'm pretty sure the skagit was closed to keeping native fish for most of the season. Maybe "this year" means two different things to us but right now if I were you short-stick I wouldn't keep replying because people are liable to get upset at you. I don't want to sound harsh or anything I'm just trying to give you some good advice.
take off your pants and jacket

#111153 - 04/07/01 09:20 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
hey I'm gettin a nibble.....strike got a big one..just keeps pulling drag out......I kinda feel like the fish right now aye short sticks? Don't picture anyone getting mad anymore knowing that we're all just being played.

Tight lines

Kevin

SRBC laugh rolleyes

#111154 - 04/07/01 11:51 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
GreenSauks Offline
Juvenile at Sea

WHAM....another take down!!! SS, Looks like you had some good fishin down here!!! laugh

#111155 - 04/08/01 03:05 AM Re: Slab Steelhead
Short_Stick Offline
Alevin

Loc: Spokane
My arms got tired reeling them all in. Actually that fish did come from the Kispiox. Ryan is so full of _____. It is only a 1.5 hr drive from my house.

Back on topic.

Where can you consistently catch large fish over 20 lbs. Regardless of wether or not you can retain them. I have heard the Skagit is a good start. Is there any truth to this rumour?

#111156 - 04/08/01 01:43 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Kispiox-An hour and a half from Spokane!!! rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes Isn't that where you say your from?

#111157 - 04/08/01 04:34 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
Eddie L Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Seattle,Wa
Quote:
Originally posted by Short_Stick:
It is actually a Skagit fish that I took earlier this year.[/QB]
Hey Short Stick I don't think you heard about the rule change on the Skagit,and what(month) did you catch it early this year. So it is an illegal C&K native steelie? The WDFW rule change that was released on November 22 ---> http://www.wa.gov/wdfw/fish/regs/regchng/nov2200b.htm
mad

#111158 - 04/08/01 08:08 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
Anonymous
Unregistered

I find it funny that when I read the majority of post that they are from seattle, or everett, or olympia, typical city people dont cut down forest, make fishing C/R, dont hunt, only take pictures of fish. Well how many of you actualy help orginizations like trouts unlimited? I hapen to volunteer, I do live on the chehalis river, and I do care about the rivers and I do fish so I can eat them, dont forget that is why god put the fish in the rivers, If you dont like that then stay in the city.

#111159 - 04/08/01 09:01 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey IHOOKUM2, I'm glad to hear you are a volunteer. But you didn't mention to what organization(s). I assume one that does positive things for our fishing enviroment and opportunities? Or not? Let us know. Also, try not to catagorize people by location - it leads to angering guys and often is incorrect. You are right that many sportsmen from the "city" do care about preserving the environment and resources, but there are also ones that don't care about them and abuse what's left. No reason for you to catagorize guys that live near cities just because you don't - it's the only reason I see that you would write such a curious and counterproductive sentence. If members can think out their posts on here just a little more before they click on the 'post message' icon we can have a better BB here. So, we will smile .

#111160 - 04/10/01 12:02 PM Re: Slab Steelhead
Returning Adult

Hey there "pardner", before you go generalizing anyone by location, I think you need to remember you live in Rochester...so Nuff Said.

And if you are catching and keeping wild fish down there on the Chehalis, then I'm betting you are fishing on the reservation land. I'm also willing to bet that you are doing it outside of Oakville..not Rochester. Nice try there, and isn't your favorite little rascal, Spanky?

RT--those were far from girlfriends...more like initiation. How did you explain all that cotton lint around your mouth again? Oh yeah, it was from eating "rabbit" wasn't it?

I can't believe I let this post almost fall to page 2.

Oh yeah, short_stick..... Your just one of those Canada boys..either Centerpin or Billy Meyers. Tell [Bleeeeep!] we said howdy and to read below:

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 807 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |