Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111308 - 04/07/01 05:03 AM Floatilla II
willierower Offline
Spawner

Loc: Albany OR
How many of you Dawg lovers want join us Oregonians in a group outing?
The date is June 2nd. The river is the South Santiam. There will be summer steelhead and spring chinook in the river.
The plan is to launch at Wiley creek and take out at Pleasant valley. There is a park right above the takeout where we can all pull in and have lunch and swap fishing lies, oops I meant stories.

#111309 - 04/07/01 05:47 AM Re: Floatilla II
Anonymous
Unregistered

Several of my Oly buddies are planning to go - so they could use some help for sure laugh . Gonna be fun!

#111310 - 04/07/01 12:59 PM Re: Floatilla II
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LaCenter Wa USA
I would love to learn a new river. Have boat will travel. How much will a out of state licence cost me?? A time and place is what I need. Thanks..

#111311 - 04/07/01 03:57 PM Re: Floatilla II
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
might be intrested? What kind of gear should I bring? and like Kalabama asked. how much for the out of state liscence? laugh cool

dcrzfitter

#111312 - 04/07/01 07:31 PM Re: Floatilla II
willierower Offline
Spawner

A 1 day License will cost $8.00. A 2 day is $14.50.
As for gear, Bring your favorite low water stuff. Bobber and jigs, corkie,s in size 12 and 14, Hotshots and diver and bait all work well. If you want to use bait you have to use a #1 hook or larger.
If you want to target springers, Bring your Kwikfish, backbouncing gear, divers and choice eggs and your bobber rod.
If anyone has any questions, Just e-mail me and I will get back to you.

#111313 - 04/07/01 10:46 PM Re: Floatilla II
duc'Hunter Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Lynnwood, Wa. USA
Willierower, how long of a drive from Seattle?
sounds interesting smile

[ 04-07-2001: Message edited by: duc'Hunter ]

#111314 - 04/08/01 10:06 AM Re: Floatilla II
willierower Offline
Spawner

duc,
Its about a 5 and 1/2 hour drive. That is if the traffic is good.

#111315 - 04/09/01 03:57 AM Re: Floatilla II
Anonymous
Unregistered

WR, I think those going down in the early morning hours of the June 2nd Floatilla II, in the sparser traffic at that time you can likely drive from the central Seattle area to the Lebanon/Sweethome stretch of the beautiful South Santiam River in about 5 hours. Some people have said they plan to go down the day or night before to either camp or stay in a motel. With the good runs of fish this year and the prime June 2nd date, the springer and summer steelhead fishing should be very good. Maybe not quite as good as it should be if we get a super dry spring to follow the dry winter, but likely still good fishing even then. But in any condition this will be a lot of fun because we will have lots of people from both ifish and piscatorial pursuits floating the river nearby in the same long stretch. And a good picnic/BBQ area at the pullout for more fun. Someone bring a football eek ? And I think Superfly is promoting an informal party at a place called Starz in Salem to follow the float. Yeeeeehaaaaw. What a day it will be!

RT

#111316 - 04/09/01 05:10 AM Re: Floatilla II
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LaCenter Wa USA
I am in!! keep us informed as to a meeting place and time. RT we met once at the cascade locks when we wanted more springer fishing I look forward to meeting again. If there is a spot to camp out by the river I would like to do so. Any help as to a spot would be nice At this point I will have room on my boat if anyone needs a ride let me know.

#111317 - 04/10/01 02:27 AM Re: Floatilla II
willierower Offline
Spawner

kalamabma,
There are a couple campgrounds located nearby. There is a KOA in Sweet Home and there is a state park campground at Foster Lake. It is called Sunny Side. I will give you detailed directions If you would like them. Or if you plan on tent camping, I have room for a couple tents and boat trailers.
RT,
When and where do you think a good meeting place would be? Im thinking Sharis in Lebanon for the guys coming in, And Wiley creek ramp for the guys that are already in that area. Hows that sound to you?

#111318 - 04/10/01 03:45 PM Re: Floatilla II
Hugh Heffner Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Playboy mansion
Willierower,

I will be in attending this function with Superfly and The Steelhead King. We may have additional guests in which case we'll have two boats, one white Thor and one black Thor (Always bet on black ;)). I learned my lesson on the last floatilla and I will be more than willing to party after the float. Days will be long by June so maybe we should make arrangements for some kind of bbque potluck that evening. After all, we need to get some kind of food in our stomachs before we go to Starz eek

#111319 - 04/10/01 05:59 PM Re: Floatilla II
willierower Offline
Spawner

Sauk,
There is a park along the river just before the takeout. I was thinking that could be a good place to pull in and have lunch. Everyone could bring something in a cooler for a potluck bbg lunch. There is plenty of room to pull up a bunch of boats, Plus there is a pretty good salmon hole right there.
During the bbg would be a good time to start shuttling rigs to the takeout. Since the takeout doesnt have a lot of room for boats some of us can start taking out then.
Let me know what you think about that idea.

#111320 - 04/10/01 07:24 PM Re: Floatilla II
Hugh Heffner Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Playboy mansion
Willie,

Since I'm not familiar with the river, then whatever you guys put together works for me. I think that a centralized spot for a group bbque is a great idea. I have a small stainless steel bbque that fits right into my FishOn rodholder mounts, but it would take forever to cook for several people on that little thing. Does the park have pit bbques available? Maybe we can get RT to bring a whole pig and we can roast it Hawaiian style in the ground and have a Luau laugh

RT, better high tail it to the local farm wink

On second thought, RT, is a bad idea since he'll probably bring an Emu for the bbque instead of a pig laugh eek

#111321 - 04/12/01 07:59 AM Re: Floatilla II
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, where's the confidence? Nobody mentioned BBQing springers and summers. Bring extra bait - we will have a lot of hungry guys from Washington ariving in camp w/o anything to Q up laugh . ...

WR, you are the one who originally came up with the idea for the seqell to Floatilla. And you live near the river. Your wish is our command. Just lead us to the meeting places and times and we will follow your posts. Thanks!

RT

#111322 - 04/12/01 08:03 AM Re: Floatilla II
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
RT, that`s not true about us nothing to "Q" up, we have lots of hamburger. wink
Jeez, I almost forgot roast duck.....* laugh

[ 04-12-2001: Message edited by: rainycity ]

#111323 - 04/14/01 01:34 AM Re: Floatilla II
willierower Offline
Spawner

Well I just found out that I have May 20th through June 6th off. I should be dialed in on the river the day of the Floatilla.
I have an idea for slight change of plans for the floatilla. For guys that want to target Steelhead you all can do the upper run. And for guys that want to chase springers you all can do a lower run with more chinook water. The take out on the lower run is at Waterloo. There is a really nice county park there. We can set a time for everyone to be at the park for an after fishig BBQ. By doing it this way there will be more available water for fishing. Hows this sound to you guys?

#111324 - 04/14/01 09:42 PM Re: Floatilla II
The Reel ZaQ Offline
Parr

Loc: Beaverton, OR
BBQed emu? Sounds great!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1398 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |