LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111346 - 04/07/01 10:56 PM DON'T READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
NANOOK Offline
Egg

Loc: Fairbanks Alaska
I know I don't own the river but:

If you ever learn just one thing, please learn this for both safety, sanity and common
sense.

When you see an established hogline on the Columbia (I would say more than five boats in a PERFECT line is established) PLEASE DON'T drop your anchors right behind the line as if you were shad fishing.

Salmon take long initial runs, especially when someone is trying to reel in, start the motor, throw the rope, pull in the sea anchor, not hit other boats coming out, etc. etc.

In addition, a boat coming out and DOWN with a big fish can't get around your anchor ropes or even your boats, which is the DANGEROUS part!

If you have never seen a twisted up boat or anchor rope situation that can sink you and kill everyone, PAY ATTENTION.

NOW HEAR THIS! For you seven or so TOTAL DILWADS that did this in mish-mash fashion TODAY below the Oak Tree line on the Columbia - BE FORWARNED! Especially YOU big MAROON DICKWORTH!

DON'T do it a next time or in the future, AND ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER or I promise you, I will cut each and every one of your anchor ropes myself. This is common sense, very dangerous for boats coming down and can ruin someones day fast, losing a nice fish because of it. I will swear in court I did it for safety reasons, which I did!

THIS IS MENTIONED TIME AND TIME AGAIN on these boards. PAY ATTENTION!

This is not a matter of you can fish where you want and no one can tell you you can't!

Ok ranted enough on this one. TRUST ME though, DON'T do it again.

Five today, two missing the adipose. Fishing remains good above the Fishery and below the Bonneville deadline. Caught all five today on different spinners in the current. No bait. Shrimp and anise scent. Boat ramps are another story on the weekends.

mad mad

[ 04-07-2001: Message edited by: Nanook ]

#111347 - 04/07/01 11:51 PM Re: DON'T READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Anonymous
Unregistered

just cut the ropes.

#111348 - 04/09/01 06:54 AM Re: DON'T READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Rick, seems in that situation a little polite education is in order, even if you have to throw out your anchor bouy to drift down and nicely ask them to leave more room behind an established line. .... Also, will you post or e-mail what spinners are working up there? Thanks much. - Steve

#111349 - 04/09/01 02:00 PM Re: DON'T READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
NANOOK Offline
Egg

Loc: Fairbanks Alaska
Was polite AND begged. Tired of this BS. Yes, RT I always try that first, but out of breath. Also tired of everyone just sitting there and letting someone else be the bad guy and say something. If we don't attempt to change their behavior, it will only get worse. I volunteer you to ride the river, stop and talk to all the offenders and ask them to move, OK? Posted the spinner info under a post for you. laugh laugh

[ 04-09-2001: Message edited by: Nanook ]

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
cheaper2buyfish@grocerystore, EastCreek, Guidewest, NeverEnoughPTO
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (darth baiter, Krijack, Salmo g., 1 invisible), 1149 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |