Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111373 - 04/09/01 08:31 AM Cable TV Salmon & Steelhead Fishing Show
Anonymous
Unregistered

Similar to NW Washington's "Fishermen's Heaven" cable accessed fishing show, NW Oregon/SW Wash. has access on some cable stations (Ch.'s 11, 22, & 23 in the Portland Metro areas) for the "Hot Tamale Outdoor Show". I have been a guest on a couple shows - one called the Sandy R. with guide Jack Glass and RT (fishing for winter steelhead as a backdrop to discussing the Columbia River allocation issues and Sandy R. Management Plan issue) and one we filmed this Saturday, Jig fishing the Wilson River; which will air in a couple weeks or so (schedules or on their website). Jig expert and owner of First Cast Jigs Mark Anderson, Bigstew, and I were guests on host/producer Scott Kappes' show. We were fortunate to hook 7 steelie nates, landing 5 of them on camera by 2:00 pm. Mark and I were the lucky ones, each hooking 3 and landing 2. Bigstew got to hook and land the biggest of the day though, a buck nate weighing about in the lower teens. It will air in a couple weeks on cable, and anyone can access
http://www.hottamaleoutdoorshow.com/

to find out how to look at various shows right on your PC screens. Their are lots of good ones with Scott fishing with full-time Oregon guides. Any full-time fishing guides with good ideas for a show in those areas, contact me by e-mail (icon at the top of posts). Check it out when you get the chance. Thanks. - RT

#111374 - 04/09/01 08:36 PM Re: Cable TV Salmon & Steelhead Fishing Show
Hottamale1 Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Portland, OR
R.T......

Thanks for the Kind Words. This is my First Post on this Bulletin Board...feeling pretty good!

I've had a few requests from the Tacoma/Seattle area and unfortunately, we do not "air" in those areas.....yet. I am going to need some help from the members of the P.P. Board to let me know who are the primary cable providers and what areas do they cover. If I can get a member who lives in these areas, to help "sponsor" the show...in other words, provide a name and address so the cable company KNOWS you're in their service area, I can begin to air the show in your area. Does this make any sense??

If your interested in helping, Let me know.

Thanks....Scott
www.hottamaleoutdoorshow.com

#111375 - 04/10/01 05:17 PM Re: Cable TV Salmon & Steelhead Fishing Show
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Best of luck getting your show up here but beware!

The seattle tv markets have this thing against airing quality salmon and steelhead shows....I mean, it's not like our heritage or anything. (sarcasm intended)

Unless it's bass from the east coast or midwest walleyes (stop me...I'm feeling nauseus) our local quality program directors would rather walk naked through a hillside full of stinging nettles than air a quality, local fishing program.

Yeah, I'm a little frustrated.

Seriously, if you can find a market up here, PLEASE try and get a station that is aired throughout western washington. For example, Fishermn's heaven is only shown on a small local market in the seattle area. The rest of washington doesn't get to see it which is lame. It's not for their lack of trying though. They've run into the same roadblock I just described.

Good luck! Thousands of us would love to see a quality local salmon/steelhead show.

#111376 - 04/10/01 05:44 PM Re: Cable TV Salmon & Steelhead Fishing Show
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Yea, we need more shows on how to catch garbage fish-BASS. "Hey Jethro toss that wolly pog mud skipper tassle tail thing a ma jig over by that lilly pad" "Oh Billy Bob put that banjo down I gots a fish eeeewweee shes a HAWG-5lber" laugh laugh

#111377 - 04/10/01 06:55 PM Re: Cable TV Salmon & Steelhead Fishing Show
bank walker Offline
Spawner

LOL..COHO

Ive had enough of TNN and Outdoor channels Bassathons.
Snelly and Courtney is a good show because they fish for all salmon species and even STEELHEAD. Too bad i cant get Fisherman's heaven anymore =( We need more shows like this.

- Save a trout, bonk a bass
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#111378 - 04/10/01 09:51 PM Re: Cable TV Salmon & Steelhead Fishing Show
wish4fish Offline
Fry

Loc: bellingham, wa, whatcom
Hello RT, nice to meet you. Do you know if denny hannah still guides down there in Oregon? and does he still have his weekly fishing show on the tube? He used to have a pretty good program back in the 80's. cool

#111379 - 04/11/01 04:18 AM Re: Cable TV Salmon & Steelhead Fishing Show
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks W4F. Unfortunately, I heard some time ago that Denny Hannah passed away. I did not get verification of that. He was a class guy.

RT

#111380 - 04/11/01 04:36 AM Re: Cable TV Salmon & Steelhead Fishing Show
RKB Offline
Alevin

Loc: Richland WA.
RT glad to see that you have dried out.you have got to make a tape of your fishing mishaps our very own dorf(RT) goes fishing.You would make a million.I would buy the first one.RON wink wink wink wink wink

#111381 - 04/11/01 06:46 AM Re: Cable TV Salmon & Steelhead Fishing Show
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ya Ron, I've taken an unusual amount of spills this season, but all on muddy slopes. On the Hoh R. Tuesday I slipped completely in, doing a good job of moistening everything I had on rolleyes . Had to drive into Forks and buy cheap dry clothes. (See the 'Awesome Oly Pen/Big Fish' post).

RT

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (stonefish, Carcassman), 1060 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645301 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |