LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111411 - 04/09/01 08:53 PM Washington Boat Tax?
Skeins4Brains Offline
Alevin

Loc: Vanc, Wa
I recently moved to Vancouver from Oregon. My wife stopped by to register my boat and they said something about inspections and appraisals and TAX. Can anybody tell me more info and what is Taxed. Thanks

#111412 - 04/10/01 08:10 AM Re: Washington Boat Tax?
sockeye Offline
Parr

Loc: Kent,WA U.S.A.
Welcome to the wonderful world of sales tax. Anything you bring or buy in the state of washington is subject to sales tax except for food at a grocery store. So If you can prove what your boat and trailer is worth you will most likely not need an appraisal. The sales tax up here does what Oregons state tax does down there. There really is no getting around it. People from washington used to try to go buy a car/truck/boat down in oregon to get away from the sales tax but as soon as you try to liscense it here they nail you. You will also need tabs for it (like a car) but they're called boat tabs. Good luck!!

#111413 - 04/10/01 11:18 PM Re: Washington Boat Tax?
LEADHEAD Offline
Parr

Loc: Klickitat Co Wa
Skeins..You'll need to get your boat and trailer inspected by State Patrol. All out of stated vehicles to be licensed or registered in Wa have to go though this. Then you get to pay sales tax and possibly an exise tax and a registration fee. Fun fun fun. At least the sales tax is 1 time only. Contact your county auditor's office and they can tell you how much the grand total is going to be. Sounds scary, but the sales tax is going to be the biggest expense.
It could be worse, you could be licensing all your cars too. Ooops, maybe you are.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |