Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111802 - 04/15/01 02:35 AM WHAT TO DO ABOUT BB THREADS YOU DON'T LIKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Since Bob and I announced we won't allow undue lame flame or derogatory name calling posts or threads to continue here on this BB, we're pleased that it has changed much to the better. Let us know if we miss anything - we try to read all of them but can miss some at times. ... On the other hand ....

Also as stated, we don't want to put a damper on guy's "boat talk" type of humor posts; and within reason (no harshly vulgar posts allowed!) we won't. ... Now ....

I've had my first and only plaintive feedback (via anything; e-mail, phone, post, etc.) about a thread a member didn't like - expressed in the Poop House Humor thread, about him not liking the very funny Hey_Yall thread about that topic. Here's a VERY SIMPLE concept that a small minority of fishing website BB readers just can't seem to grasp. ... Topics are very well marked on the board here. The few that don't indicate what they are about can be quickly discerned by reading the first couple posts within them. IF YOU DON'T LIKE A THREAD TOPIC OR POSTS WITHIN THEM JUST SIMPLY DO NOT CLICK ON THEM! There are all sorts of great fishing tech info and fishing report threads regularly on here. If that's all you like to read they are usually well labeled. Don't cost yourself nice free info just because you don't happen to enjoy what the majority of readers enjoy on here! There are some very reasonable benign adult type posts on here on occassion that some of you may not want very young children to read. I doubt very much that any of those young of kids would have much interest in reading this BB anyway. If you as a parent want to print out some fishing info or stories you feel would be of value to young kids, that's easy to do. That inability of a small minority of readers to avoid clicking on subjects bothersome to them (even when warned about them! - like they just couldn't help themselves for some mysterious reason) and thus became unjustly plaintive, is what cost the other deserving members on the BB I used to moderate the good tech info I gave them for free there. Just comes down to common sense. Lighten up, read only what you want. It's as simple as that.

RT

[ 04-15-2001: Message edited by: RT ]

#111803 - 04/15/01 09:57 AM Re: WHAT TO DO ABOUT BB THREADS YOU DON'T LIKE
RKB Offline
Alevin

Loc: Richland WA.
WELL SAID STEVE.......FROM RON

[ 04-15-2001: Message edited by: RKB ]

#111804 - 04/15/01 11:59 AM Re: WHAT TO DO ABOUT BB THREADS YOU DON'T LIKE
Sand Shrimp Offline
Alevin

Loc: Gaston,OR
RT is right.If you think you will be offended by a joke thread then don't read it.There are so many people on this board that it's hard to please everyone.I wouldn't let a few complaints bother you RT. smile

#111805 - 04/15/01 02:35 PM Re: WHAT TO DO ABOUT BB THREADS YOU DON'T LIKE
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Ridgefield, WA
Good post RT. I for one have seen many posts that I am not interested in and I simply by pass them.

If you are looking for an excuse to gripe, you can probably look in the mirror and find many.

As long as posts are not down right vulgar, make personal attacks on individuals or contain subject matter that is wwwwaaaaaaalyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of line then execise discretion. Read on or stop. Some
posts are poking fun at members on a trip and its no different if you went on a trip and guys are hammering each other and you don't know why.

Steve....just cause you can't catch em, you can still eat em....

One suggestion I can make...Learn to fix the problem...not the blame.

Check out my signiture....just for you Rt wink

Giz...

[ 04-15-2001: Message edited by: The Reel Gizmo Man ]

#111806 - 04/15/01 03:03 PM Re: WHAT TO DO ABOUT BB THREADS YOU DON'T LIKE
RKB Offline
Alevin

Loc: Richland WA.
deleted by RKB wink wink wink

[ 04-15-2001: Message edited by: RKB ]

#111807 - 04/15/01 08:37 PM Re: WHAT TO DO ABOUT BB THREADS YOU DON'T LIKE
The Reel ZaQ Offline
Parr

Loc: Beaverton, OR
Well put RT. I like this approach to the otherwise lame board where everyone gets all bent out of shape if I post what it is I want to say. Thanks..........

#111808 - 04/16/01 01:42 AM Re: WHAT TO DO ABOUT BB THREADS YOU DON'T LIKE
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
Hey Steve, you caca duddy head. I'm gonna flame flame flame post after post you, you, you poopoo head. laugh

Here here!!!!!!!!!!! Finally a WELL SPOKEN set of rules. I wholeheartedly agree. Now we have a TRUE wateringhole. Someplace to kickback, shoot the @#it, and talk some fishing without whining. WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Jerry

PS, jigs will be in mail sometime this week hopefully

Northwest River Fisherman

#111809 - 04/17/01 11:32 PM Re: WHAT TO DO ABOUT BB THREADS YOU DON'T LIKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

can you start a boat bashing thread lmao

#111810 - 04/18/01 12:56 PM Re: WHAT TO DO ABOUT BB THREADS YOU DON'T LIKE
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
Pissing people off with threads seems to be my specialty. If you only got one email, then I really need to start digging for material. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

However, if that person had a problem with my thread, why didn't they email me instead? It's not like I would have flamed them wink

I mean, come on, lighten up, It's just ****. If that thread upset you, wait til I teach your kids this song,

"BEANS, BEANS, GOOD FOR YOUR HEART. EAT TOO MANY AND THEY'LL MAKE YOU FART." eek

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Iwant2fish
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 524 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |