Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111946 - 04/17/01 08:26 PM Drano closed wednesday the 18th
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
Just in case any of the boys were planning on fishing there tomorrow its closed for one day (wednesday) so the netter's can have it to themselves just when it was starting to look fishable, great!!!!

#111947 - 04/17/01 09:45 PM Re: Drano closed wednesday the 18th
Anonymous
Unregistered

No [Bleeeeep!]?!? The WDF&G will allow netting concentrated fish in an essentially big holding pen? To net out sportsmen paid for fish to crush our opp there for awhile; and right after the Columbia closes too. Geeeeeeeeeeeez. Whazzup with that?!?

#111948 - 04/17/01 09:59 PM Re: Drano closed wednesday the 18th
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Those Sons of *****es!!! Could somebody please tell me why it is that when we finally get a decent springer run the powers that be (Who are the powers that be in this case) decide to let the commercial boys net it? I don't understand this logic. The commercial netters got a season on the lower Columbia, if they wanted to test some new way of netting the they should have done it then. All this beuracracy is making me sick! there has to be something that we as sportsmen can do about it. Something that will actually make a difference. I mean, sitting around and writing to our congressmen just doesn't seem to be cutting it.

#111949 - 04/18/01 02:17 AM Re: Drano closed wednesday the 18th
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
mad mad mad mad mad mad WHATS NEW!!!!!

#111950 - 04/18/01 06:59 AM Re: Drano closed wednesday the 18th
sockeye Offline
Parr

Loc: Kent,WA U.S.A.
I don'think its the comercials that are netting its the Indians. Why do you think we had to release all those wild fish on the lower columbia!! I for one am sick and tired of this whole netting thing!!!

#111951 - 04/18/01 10:01 PM Re: Drano closed wednesday the 18th
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Sockeye, Weren't you the one who wrote on another thread that commercial netting was a good thing? I could really care less weather you approve of commercial netting or not, but you really should make up your mind as to which side o the fence you stand on I believe the thread where you endorsed commercial netting was the thread about the new entanglement nets. Now your saying that yoursick of nets. Which is it?

#111952 - 04/19/01 12:24 AM Re: Drano closed wednesday the 18th
MetalHead Offline
Fry

Loc: Washougal, WA
It is the indians netting in Draino on Wednesdays through out the season. This morning about 8:30 the indian that has his net stretched across the mouth under the bridge was pulling and he had to have 30 fish in the first 10 feet of net he pulled. It was enough to make you sick, I had to leave I couldnt watch.

#111953 - 04/19/01 12:39 AM Re: Drano closed wednesday the 18th
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
Here's the deal on fishing at Drano Lake. The Tribes are allowed to fish with gill nets in Drano Lake from Tuesday evening until Wednesday morning (around 12 hours). All fishing (sport, commerical, tribal) is closed all day Wednesday. Nobody can fish. Starting Thursday morning, sport anglers can resume fishing until the next Tuesday evening when the tribes get another 12 hours of gill netting.

Why has the WDFW done this? The Little White Salmon Hatchery at the end of Drano Lake is supposed to be getting around 15,000 spring Chinook. The hatchery can only hold around 2500. Plus, they're reconstructing the raceways this year so they can't hold any extra adults. So, with no place to spawn what should happen to the 12,000+ excess adult spring Chinook?

I say let the Tribes have their 12 hour fishery. That beats having the excess fish get bonked and thrown in the landfill. Which is exactly what will happen to any excess fish once they turn dark and are passed the point of being edible. That also gives the Tribes a chance to catch some springers without affecting the upstream stocks that are listed (e.g., Snake River).

#111954 - 04/19/01 03:19 AM Re: Drano closed wednesday the 18th
Slime de Boat Offline
Fry

Loc: Oregon
I'm new here so I didnt know someone else had the sockeye name above. Mine is spelled Sock Eye but I will change it they said it can be changed. Sorry about that. I will try Slime de Boat for a new handle. For the netting I only meant to say that they have a right to some of the fish and what they catch can be eatin by some people who cant get out to fish for them. I'm not some real pro gillnetting guy or anything.

[ 04-19-2001: Message edited by: Slime de Boat ]

#111955 - 04/19/01 04:58 AM Re: Drano closed wednesday the 18th
sockeye Offline
Parr

Loc: Kent,WA U.S.A.
LittleZoZo There was a new poster on the board with the handle Sock Eye. Mine is Sockeye. He has since changed his handle. For the record I am 150% AGAINST netting. Also see the post above mine.

#111956 - 04/19/01 01:15 PM Re: Drano closed wednesday the 18th
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Thank you for that clarification Sockeye/ Sock eye (whichever it is) I didn't mean to come across as an A$$hole in my reply to you about the nets, it's just that if you've read any of my previous posts, you'll know that I am extremely hardcore when it comes to my distaste for netters and it is beyond my comprehension how any self resectng fisherman (other than a netter) could hold any view point that differs from my own. Call it closed mided if you want to, but that's the way I see it. Our fish runs are going to be gone pretty soon, and when they are we'll have the nets to thank.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Iwant2fish
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Carcassman, 1 invisible), 1335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |