LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#112060 - 04/18/01 05:06 PM Boat Ramp at I-5 on Cowlitz River unusable for sleds
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#112061 - 04/18/01 05:28 PM Re: Boat Ramp at I-5 on Cowlitz River unusable for sleds
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Yes, I will agree that there are some real $hitty boat launches along our rivers and other sites,that need repairs badly.But,what
are we doing as fisherman & fisherwoman to do our part of the clean up process?????.Almost every boat launch or river bank that I've used or stopped by in the past year looks like a garbage dump.Just walk down to the plunkin hole below the bonnoville dam and check out all the trash from the springer run,it's pretty sad to see all the empty bottles,sand shrimp containers
ect.Maybe if we would respect it then the state would too.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#112062 - 04/18/01 06:00 PM Re: Boat Ramp at I-5 on Cowlitz River unusable for sleds
Ron Bob Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Carnation, wa
I agree whole hardedly. My home river is the Snoqualime and they used to keep the ramps up and the silt down to a minimum. Since we started paying for the right to park at these ramps they haven't maintained them once. I've written to the wsdfw but to no avail. Just another scam by them to put more moneys into the general fund. confused

#112063 - 04/18/01 06:08 PM Re: Boat Ramp at I-5 on Cowlitz River unusable for sleds
obsessed Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
I've actually seen work and improvements on public property on a couple of Puget Sound streams. Have you tried emailing the department regarding the conditions of the launch? There are public areas next to streams, lakes, and the salt all over the State. Get the Cowlitz launch in the queue so it can get fixed!

#112064 - 04/18/01 06:09 PM Re: Boat Ramp at I-5 on Cowlitz River unusable for sleds
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: OlyWa
cowlitzfisherman-
They have just been enforcing the program in the last few years, but have actually been charging a fee for over 10 years. We just didn't see it as it "was included in the cost". But if you didn't purchase any license you were required to purchase a card/sticker. They were about $5 ten years ago.

As for the "a special interest account and has refused to use any of that money for what it was intended for", I have no information.
I have not seen the launch in question, but is it possible that the Regional Office doesn't know there is a problem?

STRIKE ZONE-
I agree with you 100%. We all need to "take out more than we bring".
If everyone that said it actually did....we wouldn't have a litter problem.

I know in Region Six that there is only one "Maintenance" person for all of the launches & public fishing areas. One man to cover the whole OP down and around to the Thurton/Pierce Co. line. There are alot of areas that are used heavily, yet the guy still has a route to cover.

#112065 - 04/18/01 07:20 PM Re: Boat Ramp at I-5 on Cowlitz River unusable for sleds
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 929 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645358 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |