Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#112066 - 04/18/01 09:28 PM HOW TO POST FISH PICS on the BB
Anonymous
Unregistered

We all love fish pictures. I will explain how I do it below, and hopefully some more net knowledgable guys can help with more ideas too. ... Just don't get carried away with too many pics by any one member, because having a ton of them can slow the BB download time. Just a few good and/or significant pics. Thanks. ....

It's fairly easy if you have a file on your computer to store your digital pics or scanned regular pictures. My Vision Pioneer scanner uploads my scanned pictures to my 'Steve's pics' file. I use about 100 dpi for scanning fish pics to upload. Higher than that and the pics may be too big for a post. And I have registered at www.photopoint.com where they explain how you can upload your filed pics on their free pic hosting website to your own secure album there. You then can double click on a thumbnail pic in your album and it will enlarge it. RIGHT side mouse click on the big pic and it brings up a box. Then normal left side click on "Properties" - this will bring up that pic's access/transfer URL (something similar to http:/www.photopoint.com/blah/blah/123456&a/78910/imgid=oo345678). Write it down; or copy it with your Ctrl/c and paste with Ctrl/v to your post message box. However, in your post message box you need to put a [img] with no space in front of the pic URL and [/img] behind the URL with no space to get it to work. It's easy to make a mistake and have to do it again because every letter, number, and punctuation all have to be exactly correct- and don't forget the [img]url[/img] sandwich; sometimes the programing will put the front [IMG] a line above the rest of the URL. If you have typed it all w/o any spaces that's OK and should work. Give it a try. Takes a little reading and trial and error sometimes, but once you figure it out it's very easy to do. There are other picture hosting sites than Photo Point, and most of them are free (they make their income from ads). Good luck. - Steve (RT)

Edit: I ran that [img] ... url ... [/img] sandwich above together w/o any spaces and it displayed the dreaded "X" box showing an erroneous pic post attempt smile . When you get one of those you have to go back and re-check everything, starting with making sure you sandwiched the correct URL pic code. Have fun laugh

[ 04-18-2001: Message edited by: RT ]

#112067 - 04/19/01 06:54 AM Re: HOW TO POST FISH PICS on the BB
Anonymous
Unregistered

This one was just a scan of a pic of me from the mid-90's (O.C. springers), taken with the Polaroid instant pic camera at Sportcraft Marina. Not a good quality pic yet it still turns out decent via Photo Point. Digital or good 35 mm pics scanned turn out real well.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1432992&a=12489069&p=45794779&Sequence=0[/img]

Edit: Ooops. This one must have been scanned at more than 100 dpi's because it turned out to big for the post. (don't feel like scanning it all over again right now)

[ 04-19-2001: Message edited by: RT ]

#112068 - 04/19/01 07:29 AM Re: HOW TO POST FISH PICS on the BB
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: OlyWa
When scanning for the web stick with 72 dpi (dots per inch) and check to see if you scanner has an "Output Size" box. If it does you can do additional sizing there.

#112069 - 04/19/01 11:21 AM Re: HOW TO POST FISH PICS on the BB
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Hey RT, what's up with your posts?

When I brought this thread up, a message popped up on my computer(s) stating:

"Connect to albums.photopoint.com" and asked for a User Name and Password.

I ain't got no User Name and Password for photopoint.com nor do I want a User Name and Password for photopoint.com. Matter of fact, I don't even care about photopoint.com.

Ifn you're gonna post photos, please make sure you have your hosting site all figured out. It appears to me you have some permission issues to deal with on photopoint.com.

wink

[ 04-19-2001: Message edited by: parker ]

#112070 - 04/19/01 12:59 PM Re: HOW TO POST FISH PICS on the BB
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Yup, got the same deal here with the user name and password dialog.

I don't think Steve was saying the bbs has an account with Photopoint for all of us to post our pics. He was saying it's a good place to post your pics if you want to.

One note - photopoint will not be free after the middle of May.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |