Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#112414 - 04/24/01 02:13 AM Selling gillnetted salmon on the Radio
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did anyone hear the radio ad this weekend about the selling of tribal gillnetted springers? I swear to God it was on a local Portland AM station. Possibly 910AM the sports only station. Incredible!

#112415 - 04/24/01 03:31 AM Re: Selling gillnetted salmon on the Radio
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, the Indians are going to have excess springers coming out their ears because they threatened to sue to get the dams taken down, among other things, if they didn't get 13% allocation to the sportfishers 1% allocation (against Treaty law and Federal Court interpretations)!!! The feds and states both feared that threat enough to abide by this unfair attrocity! That's why we will watch most of the Columbia season from afar, while they slaughter a lot of natives in their gillnets and sell springers for $2 a pound out of pickup trucks. Watch them sell some starting to turn bad for $0.50 a pound. Ugly! Unfortunately, there will likely be plenty of buyers at those prices. mad

RT

#112416 - 04/24/01 03:47 AM Re: Selling gillnetted salmon on the Radio
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Steve lets go up to Hood River and pose in front of those gillnetted fish like maybe we caught them! That way people will really think we know a lot about fishing laugh Hey and we can put pink worms in their mouths.Seriously though at even $1 a pound who in their right mind would buy fish out of the back of a pickup. How long did those fish stay in the water before they were hauled out? Do we have such a mindless consumer "Costco" mentallity that we would jump on such a bargain? Do you think people even care that these are endangered fish and they should'nt be gillnetted at all? I'll bet that it'll be bumper to bumper this weekend at Hood River and Cascade Locks with people cashing in on the "bargain" run of salmon. Disgusting!!!!!

#112417 - 04/24/01 03:04 PM Re: Selling gillnetted salmon on the Radio
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LaCenter Wa USA
I heard the radio ad also. Kind of got this bad feeling. It's like they are sticking it your face. I did not like it at all. I am calling the radio company and protesting the ad. mad

#112418 - 04/24/01 03:44 PM Re: Selling gillnetted salmon on the Radio
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Next will be laugh click here and have a salmon shipped to your house.

#112419 - 04/24/01 08:45 PM Re: Selling gillnetted salmon on the Radio
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
I have a standing rule that it is never really a good idea to buy food from something on wheels.

#112420 - 04/24/01 11:19 PM Re: Selling gillnetted salmon on the Radio
The Reel ZaQ Offline
Parr

Loc: Beaverton, OR
I made a flyer and posted it on the BB's at my work. PLeading with people not to go up and buy these fish. I would like to revamp it, maybe with some facts. RT or anyone, where can I get more info on "why the Natives should stop their netting practice"? Thanks!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Grandpa's Fishin Buddy
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 271 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645430 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |