Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113375 - 05/08/01 12:32 PM Advice on fishing the LEWIS RIVER
Rysemus Offline
Fry

Loc: Snohomish, wa
I've been invited to fish the Lewis River
this weekend with some friends. This will be my first time on the Lewis and would like some suggestions or guidance on what to expect. I'll be fishing from the bank for springers. Not sure where we'll be on the river yet but any info will help.

PLEASE e-mail me at richard.rysemus@harrisgrp.com

#113376 - 05/08/01 12:36 PM Re: Advice on fishing the LEWIS RIVER
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
If your friends have fished it before, then I'd say hit the "meathole" not the meat pole shocked The meathole, I think would be your best bet from what I have heard. I've never fished the Lewis. I'd say, use some good eggs if you have them. I'd expect a slow day of fishing, but you should see some fish caught = summer runs and a springer or two or three.... Hope everything works out.

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#113377 - 05/08/01 12:38 PM Re: Advice on fishing the LEWIS RIVER
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
If your friends have fished it before, then I'd say hit the "meathole" not the meat pole shocked The meathole, I think would be your best bet from what I have heard. I've never fished the Lewis. I'd say, use some good eggs if you have them. I'd expect a slow day of fishing, but you should see some fish caught = summer runs and a springer or two or three.... Hope everything works out.

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#113378 - 05/08/01 01:37 PM Re: Advice on fishing the LEWIS RIVER
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LaCenter Wa USA
The meathole has been putting out fish. In case you don;t know it the area by the first hachery. Most folks are plunking with spin glows. It will be wall to wall fishing on the weekend. On the north side there will be some folks drifting eggs or shrimp( use lots of scent on your shrimp). South side is all plunkers. Get there real early for a spot.100 yards above and below the hole on the south side are also good spots, some times you will be able to fish there with a little less pressure. Good luck and may your line not fail you.

#113379 - 05/08/01 01:48 PM Re: Advice on fishing the LEWIS RIVER
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Well I have been up there the last couple of days and plan going this afternoon. I don't fish weekends so here you go. Go up to the south side of the meathole. Plunk the topend with eggs/spin-n-glo, wrapped kwikfish, prawns, etc. Also fish the actual meathole with a bobber and eggs. Yesterday from 4:00 until 6:30 with 4 rods we hooked 4 plunking, and hooked 9 on bobbers and eggs. Pretty easy fishing, most all the springers we landed were 11-16 pounds just a bunch of smaller fish. If you are plunking eggs, make sure to check your bait every 5-10 minutes because there are still plenty of smolt up there and if you have good eggs they will tear them up. If you have any more questions just shoot me an email.
Keith

#113380 - 05/08/01 05:53 PM Re: Advice on fishing the LEWIS RIVER
Fishbait Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Rivers of OR and SW WA.
Please help me out. I used to fish the Lewis from a boat about .25 mi below the hatchery. We would launch on the side of the river opposite of town and the hatchery. Fished less than 100yds from the launch, Is this still called the meat hole and can you still fish it from a boat?

#113381 - 05/08/01 06:55 PM Re: Advice on fishing the LEWIS RIVER
Thumper Offline
Returning Adult

The meathole is the hatchery hole. The boat launch is on the south side of the river (town is on the north side. You were fishing Johnson flats, which is the long still stretch below the hatchery. Bank angling is allowed at the meathole, but fishing frm boats is restricted to a deadline at Johnson Creek (where you used to fish --- it enters on the north side). If you are bank fishing, head up the south side to the boat launch (plunking the meathole) or the north side (drifting in the meathole). Let us know how you do.

Please join CCA. After only 18 months total Pacific Northwest membership is over 7,000. We need you!

The walls of death have got to go!

#113382 - 05/09/01 02:45 AM Re: Advice on fishing the LEWIS RIVER
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Crazy,
went back up this afternoon and strictly fished bobbers in the meathole. My buddy james and I hooked 15 fish in about 3.5 hours. We were hooking so many we had people in line waiting for us to cast so they could set the hook when the bobber went down and land the fish. We handed off about a dozen fish that people landed. All on eggs! Anyhow, the trick is having a heavy enough rod and tuff line. You have to make a cast about 30-35 yards to hit the current seam, and fish with a slider at about 20ft. From there it's fish on!! Good luck, and let me know how you do!
Keith laugh

[ 05-08-2001: Message edited by: stlhdr1 ]

#113383 - 05/09/01 11:47 AM Re: Advice on fishing the LEWIS RIVER
Rysemus Offline
Fry

Loc: Snohomish, wa
Hey thanks guys. Thats the type of info
I was looking for. I'll post the results
on monday. laugh

#113384 - 05/09/01 11:54 AM Re: Advice on fishing the LEWIS RIVER
Fishbait Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Rivers of OR and SW WA.
Thanks Thumper, It was the Meat Hole that I used to fish from a boat. Also fished the flats below and the rocks at the cornet in between. I just might have to re-visit this hole. It's been awahile....

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |