THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115254 - 06/13/01 07:42 AM RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hereby challenge Osprey and THE REEL HEY_YALL to a fishin & state attribute dis-off contest. Stew and I will take you guys on right here right now, and whup yo arses! (Geez this is stupid - might erase it quickly; especially if we're losing laugh but we won't). And anyone else from the lame state of Washington (the "Apple" state - bah ha ha ha haa - the Apple Dumpling Gang - hee he he he he heeeee!) and the great state of ~OREGON~ that want to join in on this great fishing and state debate step right on in. Just keep this clean guys! .....

My head is fading at this late hour; but I
will be back with the A-team tomorrow mad if necessary. ...

Washington Upsides:

- It's nice to look at the scenery from the
Space Needle.
- Saltwater fishing is closer at hand.
- That's it - nothing else!

Washington Downsides:

- WA dudes are lousy fishermen, plain and
simple (send their 'best'[gag] to
Floatilla II and they get skunked when
fish are biting all over the place.
- Gillnets are in most rivers anyway!
- The fishing term "cracker" was invented in
WA for WA fishermen.
- WA allows guys from Alabama in.
- "The" best place for meeting babes is at
Walmart ('Yall's hangout).
- Osprey lives there. :p
- The second best college football team is
Pacific Luthern. Bah ha ha ha ha.
- The best team does it Dawg style (cheats).
- It takes 3 friggin hours to drive from the
Seattle Center to Renton. And that's not
even during 'rush hour'!
- Much more to come laugh maybe. ....

Oregon Upsides:

- Unlike WA, women live there.
- Great beaches; all with public access.
- No nets in coastal or valley rivers.
- Much better fishermen; plain and simple!
- Of the 3 Pac 10 co-champions, 2 were from
Oregon.
- Too many great things to list.

Oregon Downsides:

- OR let's WA people in to visit.
- Too many good fishermen to compete with.
- That's it - nothing else.

-----------

RT
Oregon Ambassador of Tourism

#115255 - 06/13/01 09:11 AM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Okay RT bring it on! I went down to Oregon the weekend before the floatilla. I asked how the Blazers were doing in the playoffs...4 and out!!! Fishing was terrible, at least that's what the locals said, "No fish". Well I hooked the first summer run. The first chromer my partner had seen this spring even though he had been fishing the whole week. We'll I let him catch a nice one about an hour later and we had a toast for good ole Ralph Miller, RIP(sit down Ralph from my WSU George Raveling days). Not to be outdone I caught and landed a nice one the next morning. WA 1/2 OR 1/1. I'm going back down in a week, for a week, to teach the Oregonians how to fish. If Oregon is so great, Why do all the Oregonians move up here to Washington for work? How many Oregonians are on the Mariners? I think Jeff Nelson is from Oregon. There are two Mariners from Washington State.

RT you're just another flatlander!

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: Steelheadman ]

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: Steelheadman ]

#115257 - 06/13/01 10:50 AM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Funny how RT fishes in WA. all the time if it sucks so bad rolleyes ...TM

#115258 - 06/13/01 11:10 AM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
The only good thing about Oregon is,
1)The Hwy 101 drive,It's nicer then 101 in
Washington.
2)The fisherman marine supply store in P-town
3)No net's in coastal rivers.
You have no Pro football/baseball teams and your college teams try hard to keep up with
the DAWGS but fall short 99.9999% of the time
Maybe one day you'll be on the map.Oh,I like
the two foot rule vs. our four foot rule.
Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#115259 - 06/13/01 11:22 AM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Oh,I forgot to mention that we, hands down have more and larger steelhead then you tree huggers down there.R.T. you even posted a while back that the best place for a 20 plus
would be the oly pen.Judging from all the Oregon boats @ wind river this year I would say we have a better run of springers also.
Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#115260 - 06/13/01 11:59 AM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Oregon Fish Chaser Offline
Fry

Loc: Beaverton, OR
We may not have a pro football team, but if the Seahawks are all you can manage I think that we can do without!

#115261 - 06/13/01 12:30 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
backlash2 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Pasco, WA
Alright you Oregon beeeeoooootch,

Pros for Oregon;

You keep most of the psycho enviro's occupied

Oregon St. keeps most football convicts from ending up at Wash. St. eek

Cons(besides Beavers rolleyes ) for Oregon;

Claiming that there was a three way tie for the PAC-10 title. I'm still smelling roses...what do you smell....leftover Old English from the Lou Holtz days??

The Willamete Superfund(and you guys still call it a river)

You guys make the mouth of the Wind at least twice as crowded as it should be

Pro sports team(S)....yeah. Can't say it plural, can you laugh

Do to a lack of your own team, you have WAY too many Dodger fans(even if there is only one in the entire state)

Can you say, STATE INCOME TAX? Ouch....

The king of human bowling balls who likes to 'slide' down to the riverbank resides in P-towns suburbs

Oregon fisherman are so insecure with their fishing abilities that they start challenge threads that they know they have no chance of winning, trying in desperation to impress someone eek

Pros for Washington;

The best fisherman from all around the country, and Alabama, flock here so they can surround themselves with other great fisherman

Our earthquakes kick the crap out of yours

The term 'cracker' was indeed coined in Washington...however, it was invented while observing a drifter with Oregon Stickers...

The best fishing rods in the world are manufactured in ....(SURVEY SAYS!!) Washington

The salmon are bigger, the steelhead are bigger, the halibut are bigger(check the record books), hell....our take home pay is bigger!

The Mariners

Cons for Washington;

Allowing the people that developed the internet to reside here, making it possible for you Oregon boys to raise cain at 4 AM from Cedar Mill.....

More to follow....if you can hang

WHAAAAAATZZZUUUUUUPP!!

:p

#115262 - 06/13/01 04:02 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Washington upsides:
Stew was born there laugh
Hey_Yall wasn't
Bob's in Longview
SW Washington streams
Great price on non-resident license.
Fawn who works at the Chevron Minute Mart in Camas.
Washington downside
Sales tax
Seahawks
Teams that don't even use the right dog as their mascot! That's a Malamute not a Husky... rolleyes
Oly beer (This might be an upside for Os,TimberMan and Yall)
Not a safe place to raise sheep or any farm animals with Yall living there.
Oregon Upsides
RT and Stew live here!
Dolphins and Starz!
North Oregon Coast
No nets on our streams except the Columbia.
Great micro-brews
Oregon Downsides
Senator Gordon Smith
No ML baseball
No border patrol for the likes of Os and Yall.I hear the farm animals around the S.Santiam area will never be the same laugh

#115263 - 06/13/01 04:46 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
In Oregon, a $5.99 spool of line costs $5.99. In Washington, it depends on which county you are in.

In Oregon, we have microbrews. In Washington, you have double tall mochas.

In Oregon, our basketball team went four and out in the playoffs. In Washington, their basketball team went 82 and out in the regular season. And where did the Sonics' best player play college ball?

In Oregon, we have Intel. In Washington, you have Microsoft.

Washington was a PART of the Oregon Territory before we carved the best part out for ourselves and left the trimmings to Washington, Idaho, and Montana.

#115264 - 06/13/01 04:52 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
bronc Offline
Parr

Loc: vancouver wa
i notice theres a referance to sheep on this board . i,m going back to montana in a few days ,so i can bring back a load of sheep if you all will post your orders . laugh laugh laugh

#115265 - 06/13/01 04:52 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
You all realize that the Dawgs and Ducks don't play each other this year? You realize what is going to happen, don't you?

Dawgs go undefeated in the Pac-10. Probably ranked #2 just because the Ducks will start out with an initial higher ranking.

Ducks go undefeated in the Pac-10. Probably ranked #1 just because of their initial higher ranking.

Dawgs will play the Ducks in the Rose Bowl for the BCS Championship!

In the end though, after the Dawgs demolish the Ducks, RT starts up another WA vs OR thread and it starts all over again.....

Parker

#115266 - 06/13/01 05:18 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
You have Intel and we have MicroSoft, and that is in YOUR favor?? rolleyes

At least WE have a university that ranks in the top 50 schools nationwide, while Oregon doesn't have one in the top 100. frown

AND you guys have 1, that's o-n-e, pro sports team, and they're the biggest underachievers around.

Not that I dislike Oregon, but in the end, it AIN'T Washington. And if it ain't Washington, it ain't the best....... laugh

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#115267 - 06/13/01 06:27 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan S.:
At least WE have a university that ranks in the top 50 schools nationwide, while Oregon doesn't have one in the top 100. frown

As a Washingtonian (read: uncultured), I would not expect you to know about either Reed College or Oregon Health Sciences University. These are SERIOUS colleges. Best degree that can be had in Washington is advertised by Sally Strothers wink. Who, btw, lives in the Portland area.

Er...pretend I didn't say that last part. She is far from being a "good thing".

#115268 - 06/13/01 06:31 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

fobb,

Quick.....call US News & World Report and inform them about Reed and OHSU. Apparently, they still think Princeton, MIT, Stanford, and yes, UW are better schools.

#115269 - 06/13/01 06:38 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
Intel may have a decent presence in OR, but their Corp. Headquarters is in Santa Clara now-a-days....

OR women = braided pit hair
WA women = well groomed poozles

laugh

#115270 - 06/13/01 06:49 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Okay, your schools are better. But which is really more important: a PhD at a well-respected university, or good beer?

Yeah, I thought so. laugh
wink

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: fobbman ]

#115271 - 06/13/01 06:51 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Dan S. Offline

fobb,

It's hard to argue with THAT logic laugh laugh

I'd try to defend Oly beer, but I can't even drink it, let alone defend it.

#115272 - 06/13/01 06:57 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Best quote so far "Our earthquakes kick the crap out ot yours", by Backlash. Good one B2, laughed out loud. We might have a biggun stored up that'll show up soon though. As for your claim of having the biggest steelhead, that's true - but they mostly are caught in nets. As for the biggest salmon? That would Tillamook Kings. BTW, I roll down the steep river banks on purpose - I'm a smart guy - it's faster and leaves more energy to climb back out smile . ....

TM, what can I say; I do fish a lot in Washington - I'm a humanitarian and like to teach you guys how to feesh. Let me know when you want to climb on the Cow. ... Now come on! You nasty guys know I was refering to the Cowlitz; except TM (excuse if that got your heart pumpin a little fast). wink ....

Steelhead(woe)man, pro teams don't make a state! They are made up of out of state inner city and country guys that are paid to come wear a local uniform for people to yell at. That's why I didn't mention the Sonics rolleyes . And I'm proud to be a flatlander that loves mountains. Flatlanders rule! ... #(%&^_#* ooouch! Oh man, I just fell on my head - so disregard this next sentence ... [Poulsboro is a very pretty area, Steel. Took the family thru the Kitsap in March and loved the whole area. - Lot of ferries though; both kinds.] ....

I agree with ya SZ about the Pen having the most steel over 20 - you can tell when the nets come out. laugh I also agree about your OR two foot/WA four foot rule. We do prefer romancing two footed mammals. laugh laugh ....

BTW, this is Os's and Yall's reading instructors day off. Can someone call them and read this stuff to them so they can respond by having their neighbors type for them, so as not to appear to be ... ah ... shalapen feathered guys. eek

#115273 - 06/13/01 07:26 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

R.T. Those were four footed animals until
you and stew lifted the back legs up to help
help them under the fence and made them two footed.I'm still trying to round up my grand
mothers sheep from the last Febuary floatilla
on the Satsop.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#115274 - 06/13/01 07:35 PM Re: RT/Stew vs Os/Hey_Yall -- fishin diss'n -- Addendum: WA vs OR
SnagMagnet Offline
Parr

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Who's dish'n Idaho here....you basttterds have all the dams and most the fish..... Boise State has blue turf....doe's that count....lol.. They won a bowl....forget the name of it.....lol..... That's it... I'm movin.....lol... laugh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (stonefish, eddie, 20 Gage, 1 invisible), 1069 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645295 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |