Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115607 - 06/19/01 08:28 PM Driftboat bottom coating
Firedog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SW Washington
Was told I need to put something like coat it on the bottom of my new drift boat. Was wondering what is the best or if there are even more than just coat it. Thanks Firedog

#115608 - 06/19/01 08:48 PM Re: Driftboat bottom coating
Eric Neiwert Offline
Egg

Loc: Portland OR
I am aware of just the two, Glove it and Coat it. They are both two part epoxies. I removed the layers of Glove it that the previous owner of my boat had put on because it was really chipping off and I didn't want to lose my new layer. I then layed down a coat of Coat it. I am really impressed with it because it has graphite (unlike glove it) and seems to slide right over the skinny spots on the river when before it used to stick to rocks like it had a bottom of glue.It still is holding up after two seasons of fishing.
I looked around for different product and investigated the idea of having truck bed liner sprayed on but this seemed expensive and is actually designed to be "non slip" so it would not work well in my opinion as the primary purpose of coating the bottom is to make it slick. (I may be wrong.)
Either way be careful as this stuff is toxic. Even when it is dry and you are sanding it you should wear a mask and clean any clothing immediately after you are done.
http://www.sandysteelheaders.org

#115609 - 06/20/01 01:35 AM Re: Driftboat bottom coating
Spooled Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: tigard,oregon
Hi Firedog. I have Coat-it on my boat and it works great. Dave Traaen (great guy) applied it himself! Tell those IFISHERS that Terry from South River ended up over at North River Boats. I see some of them looking for him, but don't post over there anymore. Hope your new boat is working out well for you.

Troy

[ 06-19-2001: Message edited by: spooled ]

#115610 - 06/20/01 11:44 AM Re: Driftboat bottom coating
Firedog Offline
Returning Adult

Hey guys thanks for the info. I will get out and get some coat it on the bottom. Especialy since the water is getting low.

Spooled, I dont know if I will be posting much on ifish anymore either. But if I decide to I will let them know where Terry went. Dave and I are going to try and get out fishing here pretty quick also. Take it easy.

Marty

#115611 - 06/21/01 06:26 PM Re: Driftboat bottom coating
Firedog Offline
Returning Adult

went over to fishermans yesterday and picked up some coat it. Now just need to find time to get it on there. Been here at work more than home lately and trying to fish on the off duty days smile Since the water is getting so low need to get it done though. Going to be up on the kalama for a few days but I think the water is already to low to drift it. Thaks again for the help. Any other tips? Let em` fly.

Firedog

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Streamer), 1206 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |