Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115857 - 06/21/01 05:06 PM Cowlitz Summerruns
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
I went down to the Cow last night around 8:45p and stayed til 9:15p. I fished below Blue Creek (banked this time, no cat). As soon as the sleds got off the water (ripping and tearing @ss like they know how), the bite came on.

6 guys = 10 fish hooked, 6 landed. All chrome. Many things worked: shrimp, eggs, corkie and yarn, and straight corkie. Nothing really big as they all were cookie cutter 8 pounders.

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#115858 - 06/21/01 05:56 PM Re: Cowlitz Summerruns
SotarBoy Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Nestucca River, OR
Hey Yall,
I heard they were biting real good up there on Preperation H and Duct Tape laugh

#115859 - 06/21/01 05:59 PM Re: Cowlitz Summerruns
Returning Adult

Shhh... Doh! I said many things worked, but I didn't want to give out the secret. It's one of RT's techs laugh muh ha ha ha Hopefully they'll work for us tomorrow.

#115860 - 06/21/01 06:06 PM Re: Cowlitz Summerruns
Firedog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SW Washington
Looking like a great summer run year, stopped in at the hatchery on the clackamas the other day and they were loading the truck with steelhead for the trip back downriver. A lot of nice fish, saw a lot around 10lbs and a few that would go 15. Talked to the hatchery guy on the Kalama a month or so ago and he was saying the same thing. I am still chasing springers on a couple rivers and doing alright, have caught a few summers also but getting ready to get serious about it smile

#115861 - 06/21/01 07:23 PM Re: Cowlitz Summerruns
Returning Adult

Hopefully it will be a good summer, at least I hope it will contain some rain in it as well. I think it will be great on some rivers and just all right on others. We need rain.

#115862 - 06/23/01 12:03 AM Re: Cowlitz Summerruns
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Fished the mighty Cow with Ya'll, Stew and RT today. Redneck and I did our best imitation of Parker, 4 on, 4 off, 2 a piece. :p My first was on the first pass down the claybanks and the second was later in the morning at the Log Cabin Hole, sure would like another shot at that one!!! Typical summer run, couple o' head shakes, a blazing run upstream with an arial display at the end that damn near spooled me, back down river at about the same warp speed, thought I had him under control and he took off downstream and spit the hooks, what a rush though. First time I had met Stew, great group of guys. After my fine display of how to lose fish I may just have to change the moniker to "Crackerhead" for a while!!! eek Spoke with other boats that also had fish all up and down the river, worked it hard all the way from Blue Creek down to the Mission Bar.
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: Jeffhead ]

#115863 - 06/23/01 12:13 AM Re: Cowlitz Summerruns
Anonymous
Unregistered

They both worked. The Prep H helped out with the fact that the Redneck is a pain in the @$$. With the duct tape we were able to keep him in his seat and from jumping into anymore sleds that lowholed us! Whew! Before we got him taped to his seat though he was able to duct tape 3 guides to their tiller handles with the throttle left on full and the tiller taped to one side. Really enjoyed the big cookies. laugh ... Naah, 'Yall is fun and good guy. Catches shiner minnows like a true southern boy too. smile Fishing was "spotty" - we spotted them and we went potty. (hey please excuse, I didn't sleep last night - Stew and I took turns sleep driving on the way home). Jeff hooked a couple tough ones that kicked his @$$ .... naah again. The fish just weren't on a good take today.They even refused my pink worm on a jighead, which I fished most of the day because FH5 told me to confused wink . But they did barely pick up Jeff's and 'Yall's eggs, with 3 or 4 on and off. Stew got jiggy with it (that's all I can say).

RT

#115864 - 06/23/01 02:54 PM Re: Cowlitz Summerruns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey_Yall and Jeffhead are good guys fer shere!!! Although I 'm glad Yall does'nt live around my daughter.... laugh I gotta be careful because I've had 2 post removed here lately so I'm being careful. Can anyone say Flotilla 3 on the Cowlitz? Plan on fishing with both these guys again as we had a great time. Anyway let's do some serious hurtin' on the billions of coho coming soon.

#115865 - 06/23/01 11:27 PM Re: Cowlitz Summerruns
Anonymous
Unregistered

The 4 of us talked about the Cowlitz being a good candidate for Floatilla III (or IV if there is a mid-summer one). Jeff suggested a Saturday in the second half of September (and maybe an overnighter for Sunday too for those that want to fish 2 days). People will be back from vacations with the kids back in school, yet the weather is still fairly nice thru Sept. The big Cowlitz, with it's reservoirs, will have enough flow for the driftboat runs and the sleds should be able to go to. The river should lots of fresh bright coho salmon and also some of the later arriving summer steelhead. He suggested meeting at the long gravel launch bar near Castle Rock to fish near the mought of the Toutle and on down the river aways. I think that's great Jeff! I will put up a separate thread about this for getting feedback. Thanks.

#115866 - 06/24/01 10:09 AM Re: Cowlitz Summerruns
willierower Offline
Spawner

Loc: Albany OR
Ysterday evening when I got to work, Cannel 8 news was on the tv in the break room. Grant Mcomie(sp) and Trey Clarkasdon were fishing the Cow with Ron Holt. They were slaying the steelies. Man It was sure hard to work 12 hours after you see a steelhead going ballstic on tv and you know there are fish in the river 10 minutes from you.
I had talked to Yall the other day and he told me you guys were fishing saturday on the Cow. I was envious of you guys after watching that report. I guess Im going to have to cruise up tha way and show the red neck and crackerhead how to land a fish.

Oh yeah! Hey_Yall, Im going to be in Kalama next sunday, Maybe we could hook up and do a short float? Slab hole to Modrow? The water is low but I saw a trailer at Modrow wed. So guess they are still drifing it. Let me know...

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1004 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |