LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115879 - 06/23/01 12:28 AM Who uses rubber worms for summerruns?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Havent tried rubber worms much for summeruns and was wondering who has and have they done well? I thought about using 4" black on a jig head but havent got around to it, maybe tomorrow.

Fishin out here has been real slow for the steel. Ive fished seven days in a row on the Clawah with two fish on. Ive spotted a few but mostly the same fish everyday. Not much for new fish coming in. The SolDuc hasnt been any better. Fished the Dickey yesterday before I went to the Clawah for some cuttie action and did OK but nothin to write home about.

#115880 - 06/23/01 12:43 AM Re: Who uses rubber worms for summerruns?
Jigman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
They work well on summer fish especially after a good rain or early in the season when the fish are aggressive. A lighter pink version seems to produce better than the bubble gum color. Try them in the faster water where the summer fish like to hang in low water and hang on, the takes are violent at times. I fish them on either an 1/8th or 1/4 oz jighead with a collar which holds the worm on the hook.

#115881 - 06/23/01 02:50 AM Re: Who uses rubber worms for summerruns?
bronc Offline
Parr

Loc: vancouver wa
I HAVE used the 4" pink worms a little bit an i have hooked 2 fish in fast water where the worm gets lots of wiggle . with a red bead an thread just the head on the hook under the egg loop. i want to try them more now that there is lots of fresh fish in the rivers. eek laugh smile

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 410 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |