I took my five year old out this morning to do some crabbing from the Westport docks. Got three good crab. (Hint...crab from the commercial docks near D&M live crab. no, not in the totes.)

Anyway,

We walked down to the charterboat floats as they came in and of the 10 boats we talked to, they all had at least 70% limit and five boats had full limits. Most boats reported releasing between 10 and 15 wild fish before they got their silvers. Biggest king we saw was 21lbs from the charters.

Kicker boat launch had a lot of folks coming in by 10-11am with limits. Didn't talk to anyone without a limit. Kicker boats did a better job targeting kings with about 50% king catch vs charters with about 15% of catch being kings. Didn't see any big kings at the public launch, avg was 10-15 lbs. Most of the kicker boats sported downriggers. Plug cut herring or flashers and green hoochie were the primary baits used by the private boats.

Hope this helps. Andy

Game department was there in force with both biologists and at least one fish cop.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.